According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, positions for physicians and surgeons may grow at a rate of 13%. This faster-than-average growth means you may have a lot of competition for every opening. You need to set yourself apart from other applicants by making sure your document focuses on your most important skills and accomplishments in an efficient and straightforward way.
You can see real-world examples of how to craft an outstanding document by reviewing our physician and surgeon resume templates. With these examples and the accompanying writing tips, it's easy to understand how to create a reader-friendly document that will help you land a job.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Physician and Surgeon Experience
You do not want to gloss over your related experience. How you describe what you have done in the past can dictate whether an employer wants to meet you in person or not. The physician and surgeon resume templates show how you can build an industry-specific work history section. Use our other examples and writing tips to help you figure out the best formatting, too.
• Direct nurses, residents, and other medical staff to ensure procedures performed appropriately
• Collaborate with medical specialists when necessary to create better treatment options for patients
• Design treatment plans based on patient symptoms and test results
• Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene, and exercise with patients to improve overall health
• Answer patient questions and address their concerns to make them comfortable with treatments and procedures
Physician and Surgeon Resume Tips
If you really want to impress hiring managers, you need to craft a strong document specific to the job at hand. The physician and surgeon resume templates give you a great place to start, but you should use these tips to take your document even further:
1. Personalize Your Physician and Surgeon Resume: Every time you send in your resume, you should tailor it to the job you want. This means reading through each job description to find language and keywords you can incorporate in your own document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The opening paragraph needs to draw readers in. In three sentences or fewer, go over your most impressive accomplishments, qualifications, and experiences to make your fit for the job clear.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To make your resume specific to you, try to point out your skills in context. Most physicians have good problem-solving skills, but you can point out a specific time you used this skill to succeed in your job.
Physician and Surgeon Resume Templates
You want to successfully craft a job-winning document. To do this, you should turn to the many tools available. You can use our physician and surgeon resume templates to get real-world advice or turn to the resume builder from My Perfect Resume to get in-depth instructions.
- Physician And Surgeon Example 1
xwin xhra Technical skillsLifeguarding, Above Average – 2InterestsPublic speaking Movies Athletics Piano Swimming Travelling Chess Football/Soccer Socialising with friendsPersonal informationI am an 18 year old male in coll... more 2
- Physician And Surgeon Example 2
Intern/Volunteer – ( May 2015 – Present) Centra Lynchburg General Hospital – Stroobants Cardiovascular Center, Lynchburg, VA (USA) Shadowed between 20-25 board certified cardiologists to better understand medical pro... more 3
- Physician And Surgeon Example 3
Fellow (1942 – 1944)University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States Dr. Salk worked as a fellow for Thomas Francis where they worked on an influenza virus vaccine. Francis is the one who taught Dr. Salk the methods of... more 4
- Physician And Surgeon Example 4
Coordinator, 01/01/2012 – cont. Walk for Ferrial, Atlanta, Georgia (United States) I served as the coordinator for scheduling events for the Walk for Ferrial Foundation, which raises awareness for Turner Syndrome worldwide. Educat... more 5
- Physician And Surgeon Example 5
Thulasiram K Skills Orthopaedics surgeon, trauma and joint replacement annd spine, 5 years 3 years as PG and 2 years as ASSISTANT PROFESSORASSISTANT PROFESSOR – ( August, 2013 – present) SVS Medical College , Mahabubnagar, Tela... more 6
- Physician And Surgeon Example 6
Carl Smith Education and TrainingSouthfield-Lathrup High School – 2011 Southfield, Michigan, United States general education, High School Diploma I attended High School and graduated with a 2.9 G.P.A at Southfield-Lathrup High school a... more 7
- Physician And Surgeon Example 7
Steven Jones cation and ngUniversity of Oregon, 2013 Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A. Biochemistry, Bachelor of science A combination of biology and chemistry and the structures and workings of the two.Military experiencePetty Officer 2n... more 8
- Physician And Surgeon Example 8
intern – ( 1 september – 28 september) LNH, KARACHI, SINDH (Pakistan) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Educated clients on good nutrition and healthy eating habits, to ameliorate their quality of life. Provided f... more 9
- Physician And Surgeon Example 9
Medical Internship – Hospital General Regional “General Ignacio GarcÃa Tellez” june 2007 – June 2008 // MÃRIDA (MÃXICO) BASIC MEDICAL CAREDirector – Community Doctor – SECRETARÃ?A DE SA... more 10
- Physician And Surgeon Example 10
O.R. Assistant – Baylor 3-4-17 – 8-3-19 // Dallas (United States) Examined and tested language and hearing abilities and planned treatments for fluency, voice, speech, language and swallowing pathologies. Offered patients i... more