According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, positions for physicians and surgeons may grow at a rate of 13%. This faster-than-average growth means you may have a lot of competition for every opening. You need to set yourself apart from other applicants by making sure your document focuses on your most important skills and accomplishments in an efficient and straightforward way.
You can see real-world examples of how to craft an outstanding document by reviewing our physician and surgeon resume templates. With these examples and the accompanying writing tips, it's easy to understand how to create a reader-friendly document that will help you land a job.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Physician and Surgeon Experience
You do not want to gloss over your related experience. How you describe what you have done in the past can dictate whether an employer wants to meet you in person or not. The physician and surgeon resume templates show how you can build an industry-specific work history section. Use our other examples and writing tips to help you figure out the best formatting, too.
• Direct nurses, residents, and other medical staff to ensure procedures performed appropriately
• Collaborate with medical specialists when necessary to create better treatment options for patients
• Design treatment plans based on patient symptoms and test results
• Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene, and exercise with patients to improve overall health
• Answer patient questions and address their concerns to make them comfortable with treatments and procedures
Physician and Surgeon Resume Tips
If you really want to impress hiring managers, you need to craft a strong document specific to the job at hand. The physician and surgeon resume templates give you a great place to start, but you should use these tips to take your document even further:
1. Personalize Your Physician and Surgeon Resume: Every time you send in your resume, you should tailor it to the job you want. This means reading through each job description to find language and keywords you can incorporate in your own document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The opening paragraph needs to draw readers in. In three sentences or fewer, go over your most impressive accomplishments, qualifications, and experiences to make your fit for the job clear.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To make your resume specific to you, try to point out your skills in context. Most physicians have good problem-solving skills, but you can point out a specific time you used this skill to succeed in your job.
Physician and Surgeon Resume Templates
You want to successfully craft a job-winning document. To do this, you should turn to the many tools available. You can use our physician and surgeon resume templates to get real-world advice or turn to the resume builder from My Perfect Resume to get in-depth instructions.
- Physician And Surgeon Example 31
ntha xley Education and Training Paulding County High School, 2014, DallasGeorgia, United States high school, high school diploma I am currently a student, but will receive my High School diploma May 2014Extra-curricular activities ... more 32
- Physician And Surgeon Example 32
Jared Mueller Objective I am hoping to join the force of Data Dimensions to become an expert in business and learn many new things. I will bring a serious, but yet fun work environment; keeping fun limited as I plan on doing my best on the job an... more 33
- Physician And Surgeon Example 33
xrant xdsa Education and Training Virginia Tech, 2017, BlacksburgVirginia, United States Biochemistry, Bachelor of Sciences GPA: 3.56Work history Sales Associate (October 2011 – August 2013)Donna Karan New York, Leesburg, Vir... more 34
- Physician And Surgeon Example 34
Doctor’s Assisstant (2023 – 2025)UMMC, Oxford, Mississippi, United States of America Kept up to date case histories of patients. Detected fractures or diseases analyzing x-rays.Interests Public speaking Travelling Danc... more 35
- Physician And Surgeon Example 35
Clinical Rotations Student – Jersey Village High School 09/20/2014 – 05/15/2015 // Houston (US) Location of the rotations: Cy-Fair Hospital, Kindred Hospital, Elmcroft Senior Living Home, Brookdale Senior Living Home, Post ... more 36
- Physician And Surgeon Example 36
Cezary Maciejewski Medical practices 2 weeks at Accident and Emergency department at hospital Szpital Wolski im. dr Anny GostyÅskiej SPZOZ Warszawa, Warsaw, Poland 2014 2 weeks with General Practitioner, Lodz, Poland 2014 4 weeks at Internal... more 37
- Physician And Surgeon Example 37
rah al Work history Warehouse Manager (June 2012 – March 2015)Gordon & Associates, Renton , Washington, USA Work for my dads business includes; checking and counting inventory, stocking shelves, literature, raking leaves and ma... more 38
- Physician And Surgeon Example 38
Medical physician/surgeron – SCOI 2016 – 2025 // Bakersfield (United States) Orthopedic surgeon at Southern California Orthopedic Institution (SCOI)EducationMaster’s Degree – Health Institution/Science Cl... more 39
- Physician And Surgeon Example 39
Joya Sims Education and TrainingEagles Landing High School – 2018 McDonough, Georgia , United States N/A, N/A I am still a student at Eagles Landing High School. I will graduate in May of 2018.Eagles Landing Middle School –... more 40
- Physician And Surgeon Example 40
Resident of Anesthesiology and ICU (01/03/2016 – 01/03/2019)Assiut University Hospital, Asyut, Asyut, Egypt Registered resident of Anesthesiology and ICU program at Assiut university hospital, preparing my master degree research... more