Like most healthcare positions, therapists have to find a balance between dispassionate treatment and thoughtful care of their patients. Striking a balance is as important during your job search as it is in your career. The right therapist and practitioner resume template not only demonstrates your valuable technical skills, it also shows the interpersonal ability you bring to work. Understanding effective writing technique is easier than you think and allows you to create a resume that's attractive to hiring managers.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Therapist and Practitioner Experience
There's more to creating a great work experience section than putting down your former positions and haphazardly listing your job duties. Beginning each bullet point with an action verb makes you seem more active on the job. Here are some examples of how to more effectively write the job duties when using the therapist and practitioner resume templates:
• Assist patients with therapy routines and provide emergency care if necessary
• Communicate with patients and families about the proper use of therapy techniques, equipment, and other medical information
• Work in conjunction with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide patient care
• Clean, examine, and maintain therapy equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
• Oversee doctors' orders, laws, and health regulations during all therapy sessions
Therapist and Practitioner Resume Tips
There are a few key techniques you can use along with the therapist and practitioner resume template to make hiring managers take notice. Even if you already have a resume, you only need to make a couple modifications to produce a stronger result.
1. Personalize Your Therapist and Practitioner Resume: Customize your resume for each new position. Read the job description for specific skills to see which ones need to receive top billing on your application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Speaking of top billing, hiring managers read your summary statement before anything else, so it needs to be clear and compelling. Include your best traits and abilities from the job listing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: After reading piles of applications, potential employers aren't interested in ambiguous language. Cite the awards and instances that best show off your qualifications.
Therapist and Practitioner Resume Templates
For more examples, read our therapist and practitioner resume templates written by real-world professionals in your field. These will give you a better idea of what works and what doesn't. You can also use our resume builder at our sister site My Perfect Resume to create one with industry-specific examples.
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 31
xothy ay Work history Medical Records Clerk/ Patient Service Representative (8/2004 – 5/2010)University Of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, 19146 Responsible for keeping organized and accurate patient records, which incl... more 32
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 32
xtney xson Education and TrainingPenn Foster High School, 2014 Scranton, PA, USA General, High school diploma General High school diploma with health care concentrationWalters State Community College , Current Morristown, TN, USA Pre-R... more 33
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 33
Registered Respiratory Therapist (9/2007 – Present) Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, Ga, US Adult Critical Care including Labor/Delivery and Neonatal ICU. Extensive exposure to patients with multi trauma and various other m... more 34
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 34
Physician Assistant – ( 6/2014 – current) Women First, PLLC, Clarksville, TN (US) Closely examined patients€™ medical history, medication allergies, physical condition and test results to verify necessity of operations ... more 35
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 35
Volunteer (7/13/9 – 6/24/12)Central Arkansas Health and Care Hospital, DeQueen , Arkansas, United States I am an experienced volunteer for Central Arkansas Health and Care Hospital.Languages Spanish , AdvancedI am fluent ... more 36
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 36
WRMC, Batesville, AR (USA) Nurse, 3-6-2009 – 6-22-2014 Used Chinese sticks and pole moxa and applied moxibustion techniques to improve patients health. Offered patients instructions about meditation, relaxation techniques stretchi... more 37
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 37
ry ly Education and TrainingHurricane High School, 2005 Hurricane, West Virginia, United States Sciences, High School Diploma Graduated in 2005 with DiplomaKanawha Valley Community & Technical College, 2011 Institute, West Virginia... more 38
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 38
Ashlyn Huber Work historyDeskworker – ( May 2011 – August 2011) Westhope Pool, Westhope , ND (United States) First job Was able to work the front desk Dealt with moneyLifeguard – ( 5/2012 – 8-2014) Westhope Pool, ... more 39
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 39
Cashier, November 2016 – Current Modell’s Sporting Goods, Brooklyn, New York, USA Assist customers with their checkout, as well as overall maintenance of the premises.Stroller Rental Cashier, October 2010 – July 20... more 40
- Therapist And Practitioner Example 40
Jake Boyle Work history Connections For The Homeless, Evanston, IL March 2014 – June 2015 : Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager ?? Provided ongoing case management for clients in Permanent Supportive Housing program struggling with ser... more