Savvy detectives and criminal investigators can spot clues, round up evidence, and gather facts to solve crimes. When it comes to preparing an effective resume, it's important to gather all the right information as well. Often, this means having detective and criminal investigator resume templates at your disposal.
These documents help you build a case for why a prospective employer should hire you. You present the evidence in the form of your relevant skills, work history, accomplishments, and education. If you need more assistance, let our experts show you how to put together a document that gets you the position you seek.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Experience
Detectives and criminal investigators play a key role in the law enforcement and security sector. They track suspect activities, prepare cases, and testify in court. Our detective and criminal investigator resume templates provide examples of how to showcase your skill set and background by using action verbs and language employers include in their job listings:
• Discover fraudulent plans to conceal illegal criminal activities and to deter individuals from trying to commit similar crimes
• Interview and question individuals to obtain confessions from suspects as well as gather relevant information from witnesses, victims, and others.
• Sign sworn declarations and criminal complaints needed to support an arrest made based on probable cause or issue arrest warrants
• Use computer platforms to obtain data and information from federal, state, and local computer databases
• Serve as lead investigator of crimes involving identity theft, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, and other assigned crimes
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Tips
Detective and criminal investigator resume templates are part of a strategic job search plan. These documents make the writing process easy. It only takes a few adjustments to tailor the content needed to meet your specific needs. Following the resume-writing tips from our contributors helps ensure that you make the best impression on recruiters.
1. Personalize Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume: The last thing you want is a cookie-cutter resume, so add some color to your document, but don't go overboard. Keep it conservative, and stick with one accent color, such as blue.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief paragraph appears in the top one-third of your document, so it's a section hiring manager pay close attention to. Use four to six lines to illustrate why you’re the best candidate for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The work experience section allows you to draw a recruiter's attention to how well you function in the workplace. Emphasize the skills you use to achieve specific results by quantifying these details with percentages, numbers, and figures.
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Templates
Our database of detective and criminal investigator resume templates includes real-life examples from applicants. Browse the collection to see what inspires you.
Using an award-winning resume builder solves the mystery of how to write a compelling document. Our pals at My Perfect Resume have a platform to help you finish your resume in three short steps.
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 1
Fulton County, Atlanta, Georgia 2000 – 2010 : Deputy Sheriff Patrolled the district on foot, by car or by motorcycle. Responded to emergency calls, crime and medical Arrested and booked criminals Testified in court Atlanta Poli... more 2
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 2
vin xman Education and Training Washington Township High School, 2011, SewellNJ, United States Student of the Month, High School Football Team High School DiplomaGloucester County College, 2013, SewellNJ, United States Criminal Ju... more 3
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 3
Hampton Police Division, Hampton, Virginia (United States) Detective Corporal – Crimes Against Persons, August 2009 – Present Investigating homicides, robberies, gang related violent crimes, sex crimes and the related intern... more 4
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 4
d One years Protective Service Detail Agent, Experienced Eight months years Fly Away Security Team Leader, Experienced Six Months years Experience USAF, Kaiserslautern, Ramstein Air Base (Germany) Criminal Investigator, February 2010 ... more 5
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 5
Christopher Smith Education and TrainingVirginia Commonwealth University – 2018 Richmond, VA, United States Criminal Justice, B.S. Criminal Justice After applying to VCU as a Lighting Design major for the Theatre Arts program, I took ... more 6
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 6
James Wagner Education and TrainingCape Coral High School – 2012 Cape Coral, Florida, U S General , graduated Attended cape from 2008 -2012 graduated in general school studiesAsset protection Assoc. – 2015 Fort Myers, Flori... more 7
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 7
ara del illo Education and Training Criminal Justice BA, Criminal Justice San Francisco State University, 2016, San Francisco, California (USA) I am currently a freshmen attending San Francisco State University. I am a criminal justice maj... more 8
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 8
Zacuk Hinojosa Education and TrainingUniversity of Texas Pan American – 2016 Edinburg, Texas, USA Criminal Justice, Social & Behavioral Sciences Full time student at University of Texas Pan American.Work historyProgram Lead... more 9
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 9
As part of my requirements to be apart of the Early College High School I have to intern with a company or person that is currently involved with the degree field I am trying to get my associates in. I am currently interning at the Carlsb... more 10
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 10
Kaycie Bobbins Education and Training University of Phoniex , 2015-2019, PhoniexAZ, United States Criminal Justice , Bachelor of Science and Criminal Justice Currently attending full time online classes.Roane-Jackson Techincal Center, 201... more