Savvy detectives and criminal investigators can spot clues, round up evidence, and gather facts to solve crimes. When it comes to preparing an effective resume, it's important to gather all the right information as well. Often, this means having detective and criminal investigator resume templates at your disposal.
These documents help you build a case for why a prospective employer should hire you. You present the evidence in the form of your relevant skills, work history, accomplishments, and education. If you need more assistance, let our experts show you how to put together a document that gets you the position you seek.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Experience
Detectives and criminal investigators play a key role in the law enforcement and security sector. They track suspect activities, prepare cases, and testify in court. Our detective and criminal investigator resume templates provide examples of how to showcase your skill set and background by using action verbs and language employers include in their job listings:
• Discover fraudulent plans to conceal illegal criminal activities and to deter individuals from trying to commit similar crimes
• Interview and question individuals to obtain confessions from suspects as well as gather relevant information from witnesses, victims, and others.
• Sign sworn declarations and criminal complaints needed to support an arrest made based on probable cause or issue arrest warrants
• Use computer platforms to obtain data and information from federal, state, and local computer databases
• Serve as lead investigator of crimes involving identity theft, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, and other assigned crimes
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Tips
Detective and criminal investigator resume templates are part of a strategic job search plan. These documents make the writing process easy. It only takes a few adjustments to tailor the content needed to meet your specific needs. Following the resume-writing tips from our contributors helps ensure that you make the best impression on recruiters.
1. Personalize Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume: The last thing you want is a cookie-cutter resume, so add some color to your document, but don't go overboard. Keep it conservative, and stick with one accent color, such as blue.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief paragraph appears in the top one-third of your document, so it's a section hiring manager pay close attention to. Use four to six lines to illustrate why you’re the best candidate for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The work experience section allows you to draw a recruiter's attention to how well you function in the workplace. Emphasize the skills you use to achieve specific results by quantifying these details with percentages, numbers, and figures.
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Templates
Our database of detective and criminal investigator resume templates includes real-life examples from applicants. Browse the collection to see what inspires you.
Using an award-winning resume builder solves the mystery of how to write a compelling document. Our pals at My Perfect Resume have a platform to help you finish your resume in three short steps.
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 11
enzie bone Education and TrainingWest Chester University , 2017 West Chester, PA, West Chester Criminal Justice , N/A N/APenn Manor High School, 2013 Millersville, PA, Lancaster N/A, N/A High School DiplomaWork historyHostess,... more 12
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 12
COMMRCIAL DRIVER (2/2/2010 – CURRENT DATE) LKQ/ACCRUX STAFFING, JENKINSBURG , GA, UNITED STATES TRANSPORTING AUTO PARTS DOWN TO TIFTON GA,OR AS FAR AS FLORIDA, TO A SECOND DRIVER WHO MEETS WITH ME AT ALOTTED LOCATION AT WITCH TIME... more 13
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 13
am an Computer skillsMicrosoft Word,Excel, and Powerpoint, Moderete 4 yearsLanguagesEnglish, Hardcore Speak,read and write.InterestsMovies,Video Games,Sports,Squash,PhotographyCommunity serviceHelp a store in Orange, Califo... more 14
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 14
Task Force Officer/Detective/SWAT Operator (05/01/2016 – Current)ICE-Homeland Security Investigations/City of Taylor, Taylor , Michigan, United States Conducting criminal and civil investigations while applying the laws and regu... more 15
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 15
xemy xser Personal informationAfter 10 years of military service, I decided to continue on with my higher education. My end goal is to have my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I plan on continuing working in public service and working with... more 16
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 16
Sarah Overton Education and TrainingEastern Kentucky University – 2012 Richmond, Kentucky, United States Criminal Justice, Bachelor Of Science Bachelor of Science in Criminal JusticeEastern Kentucky University – 2012 Richmo... more 17
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 17
xei xg ObjectiveTo obtain a position as Crime Analyst in LVMPD.EducationUniversity of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2013 Las Vegas, NV, United States Sociology, Bachelor of Arts Graduated Magna cum LaudeWork historyHead Photo Specialist, Januar... more 18
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 18
xrew berger Technical skills, – yearsEducation Greencastle Antrim High School, 2008, GreencastlePA, United Stated General Education , High School Diploma 2012 graduate from Greencastle Antrim High School, with a high sch... more 19
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 19
Area Supervisor – ( May 2013 – November 2015) Six Flags Great America, Gurnee, Illinois (United States of America) Area supervisor of twelve different food locations in Six Flags Great America which had a revenue of over tw... more 20
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 20
Investigator/Patrolman – ( 05/05/2005 – 07/01/2011) Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department, Kearneysville, West Virginia (US) Investigated crimes committed to youths and property, to include interviewing suspects and v... more