Savvy detectives and criminal investigators can spot clues, round up evidence, and gather facts to solve crimes. When it comes to preparing an effective resume, it's important to gather all the right information as well. Often, this means having detective and criminal investigator resume templates at your disposal.
These documents help you build a case for why a prospective employer should hire you. You present the evidence in the form of your relevant skills, work history, accomplishments, and education. If you need more assistance, let our experts show you how to put together a document that gets you the position you seek.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Experience
Detectives and criminal investigators play a key role in the law enforcement and security sector. They track suspect activities, prepare cases, and testify in court. Our detective and criminal investigator resume templates provide examples of how to showcase your skill set and background by using action verbs and language employers include in their job listings:
• Discover fraudulent plans to conceal illegal criminal activities and to deter individuals from trying to commit similar crimes
• Interview and question individuals to obtain confessions from suspects as well as gather relevant information from witnesses, victims, and others.
• Sign sworn declarations and criminal complaints needed to support an arrest made based on probable cause or issue arrest warrants
• Use computer platforms to obtain data and information from federal, state, and local computer databases
• Serve as lead investigator of crimes involving identity theft, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, and other assigned crimes
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Tips
Detective and criminal investigator resume templates are part of a strategic job search plan. These documents make the writing process easy. It only takes a few adjustments to tailor the content needed to meet your specific needs. Following the resume-writing tips from our contributors helps ensure that you make the best impression on recruiters.
1. Personalize Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume: The last thing you want is a cookie-cutter resume, so add some color to your document, but don't go overboard. Keep it conservative, and stick with one accent color, such as blue.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief paragraph appears in the top one-third of your document, so it's a section hiring manager pay close attention to. Use four to six lines to illustrate why you’re the best candidate for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The work experience section allows you to draw a recruiter's attention to how well you function in the workplace. Emphasize the skills you use to achieve specific results by quantifying these details with percentages, numbers, and figures.
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Templates
Our database of detective and criminal investigator resume templates includes real-life examples from applicants. Browse the collection to see what inspires you.
Using an award-winning resume builder solves the mystery of how to write a compelling document. Our pals at My Perfect Resume have a platform to help you finish your resume in three short steps.
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 21
POS Associate/Floor Associate/Customer Service/Truck Associate, 10/2012 – Present Kohl’s Department Store, Davenport, IA, USA Solicit credit card, reward, and e-mail accounts. Process transactions, returns, and even exchanges... more 22
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 22
Campus Visits and Data Entry Coordinator Barton College Admissions- Student Ambassador Enter data of prospective students attending campus visits Organize files for admissions counselors Organize campus visits folder and keep track of dat... more 23
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 23
Rave’en Dyer Personal information Very Good Customer Service skills. I’m very easy to get along with and a team player. Fast learner. Work historyTeam2 Trainer/ Party Host – ( AUg. 2010 – To Date) Chuck E. Cheese, Pit... more 24
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 24
Laborer, Helper – ( 04/1979 – 08/1986) Allied Repair Service, Norfolk, Virginia (USA) Assisted tradesman as a helper in the repair and installations of piping systems aboard U.S.Naval vesselsPolice recruit – ( 06... more 25
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 25
Darren Scott Education and TrainingUniversity of North Florida – 2006 Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A. Criminal Justice, Bachelor of Arts Major: Criminal Justice Minor: SociologyNortheast Florida Criminal Justice Training and Educatio... more 26
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 26
d 1 yearCustomer Service, Excelled 4 yearsInterestsMovies Mountain biking Events organizer Computing Chess Socialising with friends... more 27
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 27
Crime Scene Investigator (February 2008 – April 2014)Seattle Police Department , Seattle , WA, United States Utilize advanced technology to document crime scenes. Dust environments to find latent fingerprints. Sample fluid stai... more 28
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 28
Law Enforcement: 26 years – ( USMC: 1982-1986 – NYPD: 1987-1990, NCPD: 1990-2013) Military 4 years, Police Officer 26 years, Breath Technician 10 years, Drug Expert 3 years, Investigator 11 years, Commanding Officer 5 years... more 29
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 29
MARRIOTT, SAN DIEGO,CA , SAN DIEGO,CA (USA) BUSSER, 11/2014/ – 12/2015 Cleaned the working area and equipment. MIKE’S BBQ, ESCONDIDO, CA CASHIER, 04/2011 – 08/2011 Kept contact with cooks, serving staff, and patrons... more 30
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 30
ntha xell Objective My plan is to be able to operate every social media site possible, bringing in as many new customers as possible. I currently have all social media sites of my own up and running, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, P... more