Savvy detectives and criminal investigators can spot clues, round up evidence, and gather facts to solve crimes. When it comes to preparing an effective resume, it's important to gather all the right information as well. Often, this means having detective and criminal investigator resume templates at your disposal.
These documents help you build a case for why a prospective employer should hire you. You present the evidence in the form of your relevant skills, work history, accomplishments, and education. If you need more assistance, let our experts show you how to put together a document that gets you the position you seek.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Experience
Detectives and criminal investigators play a key role in the law enforcement and security sector. They track suspect activities, prepare cases, and testify in court. Our detective and criminal investigator resume templates provide examples of how to showcase your skill set and background by using action verbs and language employers include in their job listings:
• Discover fraudulent plans to conceal illegal criminal activities and to deter individuals from trying to commit similar crimes
• Interview and question individuals to obtain confessions from suspects as well as gather relevant information from witnesses, victims, and others.
• Sign sworn declarations and criminal complaints needed to support an arrest made based on probable cause or issue arrest warrants
• Use computer platforms to obtain data and information from federal, state, and local computer databases
• Serve as lead investigator of crimes involving identity theft, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, and other assigned crimes
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Tips
Detective and criminal investigator resume templates are part of a strategic job search plan. These documents make the writing process easy. It only takes a few adjustments to tailor the content needed to meet your specific needs. Following the resume-writing tips from our contributors helps ensure that you make the best impression on recruiters.
1. Personalize Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume: The last thing you want is a cookie-cutter resume, so add some color to your document, but don't go overboard. Keep it conservative, and stick with one accent color, such as blue.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief paragraph appears in the top one-third of your document, so it's a section hiring manager pay close attention to. Use four to six lines to illustrate why you’re the best candidate for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The work experience section allows you to draw a recruiter's attention to how well you function in the workplace. Emphasize the skills you use to achieve specific results by quantifying these details with percentages, numbers, and figures.
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Templates
Our database of detective and criminal investigator resume templates includes real-life examples from applicants. Browse the collection to see what inspires you.
Using an award-winning resume builder solves the mystery of how to write a compelling document. Our pals at My Perfect Resume have a platform to help you finish your resume in three short steps.
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 31
Customer Service (May 2012 – Present) Low Tor Storage, Haverstraw, New York, United States Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer... more 32
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 32
Alice Da Cruz Education and Training B.A, Criminology Central Connecticut State University , 2019 New Britain, Connecticut, United States Learning about why people commit crimes, and the impact of these behaviors on society. This major prepares s... more 33
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 33
Personal Care Assistant, 2012 – 2016 Northeast Arc, Essex, Massachusetts, United States Cared for a special needs child, dressed her, bathed her, prepared her food and helped her to eat.Hospital Volunteer, 2011 – 2012 Be... more 34
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 34
Jacob Davis Education and TrainingTerre Haute North Vigo High School – 2013 Terre Haute, Indiana Core 40, Academic Honors n/aIvy Tech Community College – 2015 Terre Haute, Indiana Criminal Justice, Associate of Science I g... more 35
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 35
Piero Maldonado Objective I would like to develop more problem solving skills, as well as more quick reaction skills. I understand in this career it is critical to think on your feet and a split decision could change the outcome. With that being ... more 36
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 36
Security Officer (09/2004 – Present)Department of Homeland Security/TSA, Huntsville , AL, United States I have been a dual function screener at TSA Huntsville since 09/2004. Duties include but are not limited to: Providing secur... more 37
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 37
Thomas Sheehan Education and TrainingRowan University – 2018 Glassboro, New Jersey, United States Law and Justice , Bachelor’s Degree Criminal InvestigatorInterests Sports, Skiing, Video Games, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, ... more 38
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 38
Digital Forensic Examiner (June 2012 – Present)U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command (USACIDC), Schofield Barracks, HI, U.S.A. Conducted digital forensic examinations on numerous types of digital media in support of felony cr... more 39
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 39
Civil Operations / Counterdrug – ( 07/2007 – 01/2008) National Guard Counterdrug Program, Aurora, Colorado Visited schools and community centers to educate children, and general population about the dangers of narcotics. ... more 40
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 40
Patrol Officer – Subase Security (15 May 2016/Present) Kings Bay , Georgia (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Patrolled the building periodically. Arrested and expelled people involved in ... more