Savvy detectives and criminal investigators can spot clues, round up evidence, and gather facts to solve crimes. When it comes to preparing an effective resume, it's important to gather all the right information as well. Often, this means having detective and criminal investigator resume templates at your disposal.
These documents help you build a case for why a prospective employer should hire you. You present the evidence in the form of your relevant skills, work history, accomplishments, and education. If you need more assistance, let our experts show you how to put together a document that gets you the position you seek.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Experience
Detectives and criminal investigators play a key role in the law enforcement and security sector. They track suspect activities, prepare cases, and testify in court. Our detective and criminal investigator resume templates provide examples of how to showcase your skill set and background by using action verbs and language employers include in their job listings:
• Discover fraudulent plans to conceal illegal criminal activities and to deter individuals from trying to commit similar crimes
• Interview and question individuals to obtain confessions from suspects as well as gather relevant information from witnesses, victims, and others.
• Sign sworn declarations and criminal complaints needed to support an arrest made based on probable cause or issue arrest warrants
• Use computer platforms to obtain data and information from federal, state, and local computer databases
• Serve as lead investigator of crimes involving identity theft, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, and other assigned crimes
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Tips
Detective and criminal investigator resume templates are part of a strategic job search plan. These documents make the writing process easy. It only takes a few adjustments to tailor the content needed to meet your specific needs. Following the resume-writing tips from our contributors helps ensure that you make the best impression on recruiters.
1. Personalize Your Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume: The last thing you want is a cookie-cutter resume, so add some color to your document, but don't go overboard. Keep it conservative, and stick with one accent color, such as blue.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This brief paragraph appears in the top one-third of your document, so it's a section hiring manager pay close attention to. Use four to six lines to illustrate why you’re the best candidate for the role.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The work experience section allows you to draw a recruiter's attention to how well you function in the workplace. Emphasize the skills you use to achieve specific results by quantifying these details with percentages, numbers, and figures.
Detective and Criminal Investigator Resume Templates
Our database of detective and criminal investigator resume templates includes real-life examples from applicants. Browse the collection to see what inspires you.
Using an award-winning resume builder solves the mystery of how to write a compelling document. Our pals at My Perfect Resume have a platform to help you finish your resume in three short steps.
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 41
xdra xtao Work historyAssistant General Manager – McDonald’s 10/10/2013 – 06/12/2016 // New Port Richey (US) *Conducted interviews for potential employees. *Hosted orientations for new employees. *Created training pla... more 42
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 42
Brandy Przybylski Objective My objective is to gain helpful and real world experiences to not only better my learning of the real world but to also help me form social connections with others throughout my remaining years in high school. Educati... more 43
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 43
xtopher xdet Education and Training Highscool, Eleventh Grade Thomas Sumter Academy, 2015, Sumter, SC (United States) I am in the eleventh grade, attending a Christian private school. I take four classes through the highschool, all which a... more 44
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 44
Travis Heitzenrader Education and TrainingSpanish Springs High School – 2014 Sparks, Nevada, USA Student, High School Deploma I am a current High School Senior with a 3.7 unweighted 4.2 weighted GPAInterests Athletics: Four year V... more 45
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 45
Command Seargent Major, January 20, 1984 – Present Louisiana Army National Guard, Pineville, Louisiana, USA Responsible for the health, welfare, and training of enlisted Soldiers. Advises commander on all issues concerning enlisted... more 46
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 46
Chelsea Berry Education and TrainingTruman College – 2018 Chicago, IL, United States Psychology, Undergraduate Passed first semester with all B’s G.P.A of 3.0 Federal Grant Hard Working individual Team workerNorthLawndale Co... more 47
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 47
Michael Pina Gomez Objective To help prepare students perform at the honors academic level and to prepare them for college Education University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina Bachelors , Criminology/Criminal Justice, 2016 GPA: 3.524... more 48
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 48
Police Officer – ( 12/27/2010 – present) Merriam Police Department, Merriam, Kansas (U.S.A.) Over four years of street patrol experience, with one year of experience as a field training officer. Promoted to Master Police Of... more 49
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 49
Head Assistant – ( February 6, 2012 – February 6, 2015) Detectives Run Wild, Cumming, Georgia (United States) I have the head assistant at the company Detectives Run Wild. I lead a detective investigation against Hingle Mc... more 50
- Detective And Criminal Investigator Example 50
Volunteer – New Lenox Police Station 2014 – 2018 // New Lenox (United States) I help volunteer with the local police station. I help out with charitable events along with anything they need help with on the side.Educati... more