Police protect our communities, and this requires an ability to use sound judgment, especially when they encounter potentially life-threatening situations. Even when it comes to preparing your resume, you need good judgment to know what information you need that can motivate hiring personnel to offer you a job. Our well-crafted police officer resume templates handle the bulk of the work for you.
You can take these sample documents to the next level by making the correct edits. Our team of contributors reveals the best practices you need to write a resume that spotlights your strongest attributes, related achievements, and relevant experience.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Police Officer Experience
Police officers find employment in a variety of work settings, such as college campuses. They often occupy diverse roles ranging from railroad police to sheriff. Depending on the employer, their duties can vary. Refer to our police officer resume templates to help you describe your experience using keywords from the job listing and action verbs:
• Investigate all criminal activity, gather and safeguard evidence, make legitimate arrests of guilty parties, and issue subpoenas when necessary
• Maintain order and peace while protecting individuals and property, monitoring suspicious activity, preventing crimes, and capturing criminals
• Testify in court and at administrative hearings to provide evidence by describing situations, actions, and conditions of individuals
• Gather and preserve physical evidence, protect the crime scene, and record and report every fact pertaining to an incident
• Answer calls regarding disturbances, accidents or crimes, in addition to providing information to staff, students, and the general public
Police Officer Resume Tips
Police officer resume templates help you get from point A to point B in your document. These samples include the basic building blocks, such as career summary, skills, work history, and education sections. When you apply the advice of our experts, you may end up being the top candidate for an open position.
1. Personalize Your Police Officer Resume: Roughly 64% of staffing firms use an applicant tracking system to screen out unfit applicants. To ensure your resume makes the cut, list the job skills you have that match the employer's requirements.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters reject or accept a submission within six seconds, so write a well-spun summary that entices them to continue reading. Compose four to six sentences that clarify how you can benefit an employer. Shine the spotlight on your relevant accomplishments, aptitudes, and work history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Give hiring managers a good story by using data, stats, and numbers. This helps them see how much of an impact you had in the workplace. Additionally, don't be shy about sharing any awards, promotions, or accolades you received.
Police Officer Resume Templates
Our database of police officer resume templates includes examples from real jobseekers. Browse through the collection to get your creative juices flowing.
Ready to build your attention-grabbing document? Our buddies at My Perfect Resume have a user-friendly builder that allows you to create an arresting resume in three simple steps.
- Police Officer Example 11
xina xkin Work history Daycare Provider (2000 – 2015)State Of MN, Jordan, MN, USA Taking care of children on a daily basis, parent relations, teaching pre-school, running my own books.Education and Training Apple Valley High Scho... more 12
- Police Officer Example 12
Brian Lockey Education and Training Bonita Vista High School , 2011, Bonita VistaCA, USA High School diploma , High School diploma High School diploma.Grossmont Community College , 2013, San DiegoCA, USA Criminal Justice, AA Genera... more 13
- Police Officer Example 13
Victor Peinado Education and TrainingWestern Oregon University – 2018 Monmouth, Oregon, Polk Criminal Justice, Bachelor Studying to get a bachelors in Criminal Justice with a focus on Homeland SecurityInterests Computing Football/S... more 14
- Police Officer Example 14
Correctional Officer/Reserve Deputy (December 2012 – Present)Autauga County Sheriff’s Office (334) 361-2500, Prattville, Alabama, USA Supervise inmates, count inmates, search inmates and their personal property, book new a... more 15
- Police Officer Example 15
Police Offier (2003 – 2017)Mar-Mac Police Department, Marquette, Iowa, United States Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Patrolled the building periodically. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities... more 16
- Police Officer Example 16
Justin Hogan EducationSouthern New Hampshire University – Currently Enrolled Online, New York, USA Criminology, Bachelor of Science Currently working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in CriminologyDutchess County Law Enforcement Ac... more 17
- Police Officer Example 17
hn xsey Objective Enforce the laws of the United States, and maintain the safety of the General Public. Work history Team Member (05/2011 – 06/2011) Chick-fil-A, Benbrook, Texas, USA I provided excellent customer service through orde... more 18
- Police Officer Example 18
xothy dy Education and TrainingSouth High School, 2011 Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States General Studies, High School Diploma Basic high school diplomaMchenry County College, 2015 Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States Criminal Justi... more 19
- Police Officer Example 19
Volunteer Member – ( September 8, 2015 – Currently) Boys and Girls Club, Raleigh, NC (USA) Worked with children groups providing educational and sport activities. Worked as the contact person between community groups and ... more 20
- Police Officer Example 20
Collision Repair Technician, 8/2013 – Current Free Spirit Designs, Syracuse, NY, United States Evaluated damaged vehicles and recommended repairs. Carried out light mechanical and collision repairs as directed. Responsible for tran... more