Police protect our communities, and this requires an ability to use sound judgment, especially when they encounter potentially life-threatening situations. Even when it comes to preparing your resume, you need good judgment to know what information you need that can motivate hiring personnel to offer you a job. Our well-crafted police officer resume templates handle the bulk of the work for you.
You can take these sample documents to the next level by making the correct edits. Our team of contributors reveals the best practices you need to write a resume that spotlights your strongest attributes, related achievements, and relevant experience.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Police Officer Experience
Police officers find employment in a variety of work settings, such as college campuses. They often occupy diverse roles ranging from railroad police to sheriff. Depending on the employer, their duties can vary. Refer to our police officer resume templates to help you describe your experience using keywords from the job listing and action verbs:
• Investigate all criminal activity, gather and safeguard evidence, make legitimate arrests of guilty parties, and issue subpoenas when necessary
• Maintain order and peace while protecting individuals and property, monitoring suspicious activity, preventing crimes, and capturing criminals
• Testify in court and at administrative hearings to provide evidence by describing situations, actions, and conditions of individuals
• Gather and preserve physical evidence, protect the crime scene, and record and report every fact pertaining to an incident
• Answer calls regarding disturbances, accidents or crimes, in addition to providing information to staff, students, and the general public
Police Officer Resume Tips
Police officer resume templates help you get from point A to point B in your document. These samples include the basic building blocks, such as career summary, skills, work history, and education sections. When you apply the advice of our experts, you may end up being the top candidate for an open position.
1. Personalize Your Police Officer Resume: Roughly 64% of staffing firms use an applicant tracking system to screen out unfit applicants. To ensure your resume makes the cut, list the job skills you have that match the employer's requirements.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters reject or accept a submission within six seconds, so write a well-spun summary that entices them to continue reading. Compose four to six sentences that clarify how you can benefit an employer. Shine the spotlight on your relevant accomplishments, aptitudes, and work history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Give hiring managers a good story by using data, stats, and numbers. This helps them see how much of an impact you had in the workplace. Additionally, don't be shy about sharing any awards, promotions, or accolades you received.
Police Officer Resume Templates
Our database of police officer resume templates includes examples from real jobseekers. Browse through the collection to get your creative juices flowing.
Ready to build your attention-grabbing document? Our buddies at My Perfect Resume have a user-friendly builder that allows you to create an arresting resume in three simple steps.
- Police Officer Example 21
mes xfer Work history Walmart, Post Falls, Idaho (United States) Cashier, April 28th, 2016 – July 11, 2016 Checked out customers, dealt with customer issues, handled money Buffalo Wild Wings, Couer d’Alene , Idaho (United States... more 22
- Police Officer Example 22
Marine, 08/15/2004 – 11/15/2009 United States Marine Corps, Kailua , HI, United States Company level administration. Battalion level security (physical and intelligence). Korean language proficiency. Maintenance of a TS-SCI securit... more 23
- Police Officer Example 23
Deputy (08/2008 – 01/2013) Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, Milledgeville, Georgia, USA I became employed with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Officer in 2008, after graduating high school. I worked in the Detention Cent... more 24
- Police Officer Example 24
Patrol Officer (September 1993 – Present)Nashua Police Department, Nashua, NH Patrol an assigned sector on foot or in a police vehicle, Answer calls for service, Investigates criminal offenses and traffic accidents. Enforce moto... more 25
- Police Officer Example 25
Brian Ezell Objective A highly motivated, focused, results-driven professional with 15 years experience in law enforcement looking to become a full time K-9 Trainer. Work historyCorporal K-9 Handler/Trainer – ( March 2009 – Presen... more 26
- Police Officer Example 26
Nicholas McCullough Objective To obtain an position as a police officer EducationThe University of Toledo – 2016 (Expected) Toledo, Ohio Criminal Justice, Bachelor of Science 3.121 GPAOwens Community College – 2015 Perrysb... more 27
- Police Officer Example 27
Employee – ( 2018 – 2020) Jimmy John’s Sandwich Maker, Homestead, Florida (United States) Created fresh, quality products for satisfied costumers.Employee – ( 2021 – 2023) US Security , Doral , Flo... more 28
- Police Officer Example 28
U.S. Army, Fort Bliss, Texas 2010 – 2015 : Non Commissioned Officer Identified personnel and people who entered the COB during, “Operation Enduring Freedom”. Patrolled the COB on roving guard ensuring operational securi... more 29
- Police Officer Example 29
Security Forces Member, May 2011 – Present USAF, San Antonio, TX, USA Identified personnel and people who entered in the installation. Patrolled the base periodically. Arrested and expelled people involved in irregular or criminal... more 30
- Police Officer Example 30
IPS Hospitality, Oradell, New Jersey (United States) Hotel Security Guard, 7/2013 – 12/2013 Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as fire risk or security d... more