Police protect our communities, and this requires an ability to use sound judgment, especially when they encounter potentially life-threatening situations. Even when it comes to preparing your resume, you need good judgment to know what information you need that can motivate hiring personnel to offer you a job. Our well-crafted police officer resume templates handle the bulk of the work for you.
You can take these sample documents to the next level by making the correct edits. Our team of contributors reveals the best practices you need to write a resume that spotlights your strongest attributes, related achievements, and relevant experience.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Police Officer Experience
Police officers find employment in a variety of work settings, such as college campuses. They often occupy diverse roles ranging from railroad police to sheriff. Depending on the employer, their duties can vary. Refer to our police officer resume templates to help you describe your experience using keywords from the job listing and action verbs:
• Investigate all criminal activity, gather and safeguard evidence, make legitimate arrests of guilty parties, and issue subpoenas when necessary
• Maintain order and peace while protecting individuals and property, monitoring suspicious activity, preventing crimes, and capturing criminals
• Testify in court and at administrative hearings to provide evidence by describing situations, actions, and conditions of individuals
• Gather and preserve physical evidence, protect the crime scene, and record and report every fact pertaining to an incident
• Answer calls regarding disturbances, accidents or crimes, in addition to providing information to staff, students, and the general public
Police Officer Resume Tips
Police officer resume templates help you get from point A to point B in your document. These samples include the basic building blocks, such as career summary, skills, work history, and education sections. When you apply the advice of our experts, you may end up being the top candidate for an open position.
1. Personalize Your Police Officer Resume: Roughly 64% of staffing firms use an applicant tracking system to screen out unfit applicants. To ensure your resume makes the cut, list the job skills you have that match the employer's requirements.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters reject or accept a submission within six seconds, so write a well-spun summary that entices them to continue reading. Compose four to six sentences that clarify how you can benefit an employer. Shine the spotlight on your relevant accomplishments, aptitudes, and work history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Give hiring managers a good story by using data, stats, and numbers. This helps them see how much of an impact you had in the workplace. Additionally, don't be shy about sharing any awards, promotions, or accolades you received.
Police Officer Resume Templates
Our database of police officer resume templates includes examples from real jobseekers. Browse through the collection to get your creative juices flowing.
Ready to build your attention-grabbing document? Our buddies at My Perfect Resume have a user-friendly builder that allows you to create an arresting resume in three simple steps.
- Police Officer Example 31
ton xder Objective Pursue a career in law enforcement and protect and serve the community. Education and Training Diploma, General Studies Belding High school, 2010, Belding, Michigan (United States) I attended Belding High School at whi... more 32
- Police Officer Example 32
Justin Leighton Walker Personal informationDOB: 12/04/1992 (24)ObjectiveThe reasons that I am applying for a career in law enforcement is that I want to serve the community that I have grown up with and have learned to call home. My number... more 33
- Police Officer Example 33
Highway Patrol Officer, January 26th 1995 – Current Arizona Dept of Public Safety, Phoenix, AZ, USA Protect and serve all people in the state of Arizona through the enforcement of traffic and criminal laws. Drug interdiction, comme... more 34
- Police Officer Example 34
Patrick Byrne Education and TrainingHillsborough Community College – Still attending Tampa, FL, USA Criminology, Associate of Science Progressing towards B.A. in Criminology, with minor in PsychologyWork historyLead Range Safety ... more 35
- Police Officer Example 35
Deputy Sheriff – ( 09/2006 – Present) Wright County, Buffalo, MN Examined doors, windows and gates to assure they were secure. Arrested and expelled people involved in irregular or criminal acts. Called attention to prowle... more 36
- Police Officer Example 36
Levi Square Education and TrainingSam Houston State University – 2013 Huntsville, Texas, United States Sociology, Bachelors of Science Minor in Criminal JusticeSam Houston State University – 2016 Huntsville, Texas, Walker S... more 37
- Police Officer Example 37
Police Officer – Mercy Health Police Department May 2012 – present // Youngstown (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Patrolled the building periodically. Arrested and expelled people... more 38
- Police Officer Example 38
Oct. 2009 – Present / U.S. Army, Fort Drum, NY Infantryman (11B) Operated and maintained sophisticated equipment designed for tactical operations. Operated and maintained communications equipment and various support vehicles. Superv... more 39
- Police Officer Example 39
General Manager – ( March 2016 – September 2016) Five Guys , Charleston , SC (USA ) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, p... more 40
- Police Officer Example 40
William Byram Work historyFrac Division Manager – ( September 2012 – Present) Slingshot Supply Inc, Odessa, Texas (United States) As Division Manager, I oversee over 20 employees in the day to day operation. I am responsible for t... more