Police protect our communities, and this requires an ability to use sound judgment, especially when they encounter potentially life-threatening situations. Even when it comes to preparing your resume, you need good judgment to know what information you need that can motivate hiring personnel to offer you a job. Our well-crafted police officer resume templates handle the bulk of the work for you.
You can take these sample documents to the next level by making the correct edits. Our team of contributors reveals the best practices you need to write a resume that spotlights your strongest attributes, related achievements, and relevant experience.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Police Officer Experience
Police officers find employment in a variety of work settings, such as college campuses. They often occupy diverse roles ranging from railroad police to sheriff. Depending on the employer, their duties can vary. Refer to our police officer resume templates to help you describe your experience using keywords from the job listing and action verbs:
• Investigate all criminal activity, gather and safeguard evidence, make legitimate arrests of guilty parties, and issue subpoenas when necessary
• Maintain order and peace while protecting individuals and property, monitoring suspicious activity, preventing crimes, and capturing criminals
• Testify in court and at administrative hearings to provide evidence by describing situations, actions, and conditions of individuals
• Gather and preserve physical evidence, protect the crime scene, and record and report every fact pertaining to an incident
• Answer calls regarding disturbances, accidents or crimes, in addition to providing information to staff, students, and the general public
Police Officer Resume Tips
Police officer resume templates help you get from point A to point B in your document. These samples include the basic building blocks, such as career summary, skills, work history, and education sections. When you apply the advice of our experts, you may end up being the top candidate for an open position.
1. Personalize Your Police Officer Resume: Roughly 64% of staffing firms use an applicant tracking system to screen out unfit applicants. To ensure your resume makes the cut, list the job skills you have that match the employer's requirements.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters reject or accept a submission within six seconds, so write a well-spun summary that entices them to continue reading. Compose four to six sentences that clarify how you can benefit an employer. Shine the spotlight on your relevant accomplishments, aptitudes, and work history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Give hiring managers a good story by using data, stats, and numbers. This helps them see how much of an impact you had in the workplace. Additionally, don't be shy about sharing any awards, promotions, or accolades you received.
Police Officer Resume Templates
Our database of police officer resume templates includes examples from real jobseekers. Browse through the collection to get your creative juices flowing.
Ready to build your attention-grabbing document? Our buddies at My Perfect Resume have a user-friendly builder that allows you to create an arresting resume in three simple steps.
- Police Officer Example 51
Public Safety Officer – ( March 1, 2015 – Present) Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipes,... more 52
- Police Officer Example 52
Disposal Attendant – Wiley Lease Co. September 9th, 2014 – Currently Working Here // Pleasanton (United States) Maintaining equipment and fluid levels to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies; Ensuring no hazardous mat... more 53
- Police Officer Example 53
xemy al SummaryI have been a Sworn Law Enforcement Officer since August 2014. I have attended multiple advance Law Enforcement Training classes to further my knowledge and training while completing my duties as a Law Enforcement Officer. I b... more 54
- Police Officer Example 54
Deputy Sheriff – ( December 1998 – Present) Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Birmingham, AL (USA) Uphold state and local laws Proactively prevent crime Patrol an assigned beat to protect persons and properties Enfor... more 55
- Police Officer Example 55
Tyler Cook Objective To obtain a law enforcement position. I have experience in a prison setting and want to be on a force that assists, protects, and defends the community. Military experienceMilitary Police Correctional Specialist – (... more 56
- Police Officer Example 56
Frances Wilson Objective To obtain a Bachelors Degree in Criminology and minor in Sociology. To work within Law Enforcement agencies to lower the crime rate among juveniles and foster children. Education and Training California State University... more 57
- Police Officer Example 57
xthew xhez EducationLone Star High School, 2017 Frisco, TX General education, College prep Currently a freshman at Lone Star High School in Frisco, TXAbout MeI am a hard worker, fast learner and skilled at multi-tasking. I enjoy lear... more 58
- Police Officer Example 58
Communications Operator, 12/2004 – Present date Broward Sheriff’s Office, Fort Lauderdale, FL Responsible for incoming emergency calls from the public. Data entry. Time management. Issuing case numbers to field units.Dat... more 59
- Police Officer Example 59
Aaron Robinson Objective Hardworking and motivated professional looking to transition from U.S. Army duty to the civilian workforce. Highly motivated with more than 3 years of experience and achievements, including good conduct medal. Actively see... more 60
- Police Officer Example 60
Shannia Shafer Miss Education and TrainingNorthridge High School – 2016 Middlebury, Indiana, United States High School, Core 40 I plan to go to school for criminal justice. I will get my bachelors degree in this.Work historyBusse... more