There is no denying that it is tricky to land any job, including in the security field. A huge part of the process is creating a resume that will stand out from the competition. In fact, many hiring managers use the resume exclusively when choosing a candidate. So what do you need to do to create the best resume possible?
We have put together a comprehensive writing guide and security guard and surveillance officer resume templates to help you get started. These tools will make it much easier to write a resume to catch the eye of employers.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Experience
Remember that your experience section is most likely the most important part of your resume. In addition to that, the format in this section is just as vital. Our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates demonstrate that using strong action verbs is a great way to strengthen this section.
• Review security tapes, identifying and making note of suspicious customers, and reporting captured cases of theft
• Stand guard in assigned locations, watching all customers closely for shoplifting or other suspicious behavior
• Remain aware of store entrance and exit points, ensuring they are completely clear at all times
• Create surveillance reports, which include details of suspicious customers, time stamps, pictures, and criminal activity
• Coordinate with supervisors and managers to cover all store hours with adequate security staff members
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Tips
Now that you have read our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates carefully, you may be wondering what the next step is to land a security position. Think of reading the example resumes as the first step in the process. After you have done that, continue on to these resume-writing steps:
1. Personalize Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume: Make your resume more personalized by reviewing the job description. Include similar skills and language as the job posting to appeal to the hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement opens your resume, which means it determines the first impression readers have of you. Take the time to polish this section, and think about what you want to communicate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using real examples from your previous working experiences adds credibility to your resume while giving you an excellent opportunity to emphasize certain qualities about yourself.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Templates
Our library of security guard and surveillance officer resume templates is one of the best tools you can use to improve your resume. However, if you still feel like you need more help putting your resume together, consider using an automatic resume builder as well. This will let you focus on the content of your resume.
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 11
Security Officer – ( Aug. 2014 – Present) Kings Island, Kings Island, Ohio Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipes, fire risk o... more 12
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 12
Loss Prevention Associate – ( November 2007 – Current) Bergdorf Goodman, New York, New York (United States) Disarming alarms to open the store for business that day. Verifying all employees or visitors entering and leaving ... more 13
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 13
Exelon Nuclear Security, Middletown , Pennsylvania (USA) Security Lead Supervisor, 10/08/04 – Present Supervise a team of 12 full time personnel. Create schedules, Interface with Security and Plant Management to support plant acti... more 14
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 14
Security Officer – ( November 2012 – Present) Metro K-9 S.S.E.S, Cathedral City, California (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as ... more 15
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 15
Ship Security Forces (November 2013 – December 2014)US Navy, San Diego, California Patrolled the ship periodically. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipes, fire risk or security doors unlocked.... more 16
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 16
xriel nald Military experience Lance Corporal (Jan 2011 – Current)United States Marine Corps, San Bruno, California, United States of America Currently a reservist in the United States Marine Corps. I have experiences in talking, u... more 17
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 17
Security Guard – ( Febuary 2010 – Present) AlliedBarton Security Services, San Jose , CA (USA) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building.Meat Clerk – ( March 2008 – January 2010) Lucky Supe... more 18
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 18
Game Adviser, 5-8-2011 – Current GameStop, Rockford, IL, USA Customer sevice with cleaning, stocking, and loss prevention practices.Stay at Home Dad, 7-2004 – Current N/A, Rockford, IL, USA Cleaning after, organizing for... more 19
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 19
Security Officer (02/2015 – Present) Securitas, Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A. Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Patrolled the building periodically. Examined doors, windows and gates to assure they were secure... more 20
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 20
Transportation Security Officer – ( 01/29/2012 – Current) Department Of Homeland Security, Queens, New York (United States) Security screening of passengersDelivery driver – ( 11/2009 – 12/2011) Anne’s... more