There is no denying that it is tricky to land any job, including in the security field. A huge part of the process is creating a resume that will stand out from the competition. In fact, many hiring managers use the resume exclusively when choosing a candidate. So what do you need to do to create the best resume possible?
We have put together a comprehensive writing guide and security guard and surveillance officer resume templates to help you get started. These tools will make it much easier to write a resume to catch the eye of employers.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Experience
Remember that your experience section is most likely the most important part of your resume. In addition to that, the format in this section is just as vital. Our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates demonstrate that using strong action verbs is a great way to strengthen this section.
• Review security tapes, identifying and making note of suspicious customers, and reporting captured cases of theft
• Stand guard in assigned locations, watching all customers closely for shoplifting or other suspicious behavior
• Remain aware of store entrance and exit points, ensuring they are completely clear at all times
• Create surveillance reports, which include details of suspicious customers, time stamps, pictures, and criminal activity
• Coordinate with supervisors and managers to cover all store hours with adequate security staff members
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Tips
Now that you have read our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates carefully, you may be wondering what the next step is to land a security position. Think of reading the example resumes as the first step in the process. After you have done that, continue on to these resume-writing steps:
1. Personalize Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume: Make your resume more personalized by reviewing the job description. Include similar skills and language as the job posting to appeal to the hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement opens your resume, which means it determines the first impression readers have of you. Take the time to polish this section, and think about what you want to communicate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using real examples from your previous working experiences adds credibility to your resume while giving you an excellent opportunity to emphasize certain qualities about yourself.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Templates
Our library of security guard and surveillance officer resume templates is one of the best tools you can use to improve your resume. However, if you still feel like you need more help putting your resume together, consider using an automatic resume builder as well. This will let you focus on the content of your resume.
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 21
Loss Prevention – ( 7-10-13 – current) Ross Dress For Less, Kennewick, Washington (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Along with greeting every customer to ensure they knew I was awa... more 22
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 22
6/2016 – Present / Harkins Theatres, Tempe, AZ Team Leader Kept the team organized and on task Made sure guests were being helped by the team in an efficient time period and manner Dealt with guest concerns and questions 5/2014 ... more 23
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 23
xinia xker Education and Training Minneapolis Community and Techincal College, 2016, MinneapolisMN Sound Arts, N/A First SemesterHubert Humphrey Job Corps, 2014, Saint PaulMN Medical Office Support, GED and CMAA Certified Medical ... more 24
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 24
vi eier Skills · Government Secret Security Clearance · Strong Leadership Skills · Many years of experience in Security · Strong Management skills; responsible for up to 40 employees · Conflict Re... more 25
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 25
Progressive Solutions – Progressive Solutions February 18, 2010 – March 20, 2011 // Marshall (USA) Sprayed chemicals around power poles and plantsTrade School – Ouichita Job Corps March 25, 2011 – January 1... more 26
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 26
Dillon Laster Education and Training Diploma, General Education Kingisher High school, 2014, Kingfisher, Oklahoma (United States ) Key Skills Interpersonal skills Ability to work in teams Multi-tasking Communication Computer Troubleshooting, ... more 27
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 27
Detention Officer (October 2012 – June 2013)Forsyth County, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Control a Dorm filled with inmates. Patrolled the building periodically... more 28
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 28
xneth rp Objective To obtain a Police Officer position at John Peter Smith Hospital Police Department utilizing excellent skills and capabilities in providing security and patrolling services to the public and properties of John Peter Smith. ... more 29
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 29
Kedin Morel Objective ##TEXT## Areas of expertise Advanced Soldier Skills., Military , 2 years Work History13B Cannon Crew Member – ( MAY 2010 – AUG 2012) US Army 2-319th AFAR 2nd BCT of the 82nd Airborne Division , Fort Bragg... more 30
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 30
Security Personnel – ( June 2010 – July 2010) United States Marine Corps Reserve, Ventspils, Courland (Latvia) Provided security along the perimeter of a US Marine encampment during BaltOps 2010. Duties included: – ... more