There is no denying that it is tricky to land any job, including in the security field. A huge part of the process is creating a resume that will stand out from the competition. In fact, many hiring managers use the resume exclusively when choosing a candidate. So what do you need to do to create the best resume possible?
We have put together a comprehensive writing guide and security guard and surveillance officer resume templates to help you get started. These tools will make it much easier to write a resume to catch the eye of employers.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Experience
Remember that your experience section is most likely the most important part of your resume. In addition to that, the format in this section is just as vital. Our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates demonstrate that using strong action verbs is a great way to strengthen this section.
• Review security tapes, identifying and making note of suspicious customers, and reporting captured cases of theft
• Stand guard in assigned locations, watching all customers closely for shoplifting or other suspicious behavior
• Remain aware of store entrance and exit points, ensuring they are completely clear at all times
• Create surveillance reports, which include details of suspicious customers, time stamps, pictures, and criminal activity
• Coordinate with supervisors and managers to cover all store hours with adequate security staff members
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Tips
Now that you have read our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates carefully, you may be wondering what the next step is to land a security position. Think of reading the example resumes as the first step in the process. After you have done that, continue on to these resume-writing steps:
1. Personalize Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume: Make your resume more personalized by reviewing the job description. Include similar skills and language as the job posting to appeal to the hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement opens your resume, which means it determines the first impression readers have of you. Take the time to polish this section, and think about what you want to communicate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using real examples from your previous working experiences adds credibility to your resume while giving you an excellent opportunity to emphasize certain qualities about yourself.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Templates
Our library of security guard and surveillance officer resume templates is one of the best tools you can use to improve your resume. However, if you still feel like you need more help putting your resume together, consider using an automatic resume builder as well. This will let you focus on the content of your resume.
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 31
Security Guard (July 15, 2012 – Present) U.S. Security Associates , Corona , CA -Highly positive customer service interaction by smiling and greeting employees, visitors, and vendors at the main lobby. -Identified personnel and ... more 32
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 32
an hell Objective Position as night-shift Security Officer, Allied Barton to utilize my communication skills, customer service background, ability to work well with others, and be a responsible, reliable employee/team member. Work history ... more 33
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 33
Michael Buraus Education and TrainingSan Francisco State University – 2014 San Francisco, CA, USA Criminal Justice, Bachelor Degree I received my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice at a four year university, San Francisco State Uni... more 34
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 34
Security Officer – ( aug 2012 – july 2013) American Security And Protective Services, Las vegas, Nevada (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregulari... more 35
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 35
security guard and surveillance officer – ( May 2010 – December 2010) united states navy, Manama, Iran (Bahrain) Patrolled the building periodically. Realized periodical inspection trips and recorded times. Maintained repor... more 36
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 36
Security guard – ( April 2014 – September 2014) Diamond Jacks Casino, Shreveport, LA (United States) Stand at ID check point; escorts patrons to their seats; Assisted guestCashier – ( June 2013 – August 2014... more 37
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 37
Infantry/Reconnaissance – ( 07/2001 – 07/2004) US ARMY, fort hood, Ga, Tx, (US, Korea, Kuwait, Iraq) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leakin... more 38
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 38
Creative security company, San Jose, California (USA) security Guard at the yardhouse, 9/25/12 – 12/22/12 Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking ... more 39
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 39
d , Access Control 9 yearsExperienceSecurity Guard , 5/98 – 9/03 Effective Security, New York, New York, United States Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities su... more 40
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 40
Kevin Elliott Education and TrainingBeech Grove High School – 2013 Beech Grove, Indiana, United States General Studies, High School Degree While attending Beech Grove High School, I attended C9 career center my junior and senior year f... more