There is no denying that it is tricky to land any job, including in the security field. A huge part of the process is creating a resume that will stand out from the competition. In fact, many hiring managers use the resume exclusively when choosing a candidate. So what do you need to do to create the best resume possible?
We have put together a comprehensive writing guide and security guard and surveillance officer resume templates to help you get started. These tools will make it much easier to write a resume to catch the eye of employers.
Free Law Enforcement And Security Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional law enforcement and security resumes.
How To Mention Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Experience
Remember that your experience section is most likely the most important part of your resume. In addition to that, the format in this section is just as vital. Our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates demonstrate that using strong action verbs is a great way to strengthen this section.
• Review security tapes, identifying and making note of suspicious customers, and reporting captured cases of theft
• Stand guard in assigned locations, watching all customers closely for shoplifting or other suspicious behavior
• Remain aware of store entrance and exit points, ensuring they are completely clear at all times
• Create surveillance reports, which include details of suspicious customers, time stamps, pictures, and criminal activity
• Coordinate with supervisors and managers to cover all store hours with adequate security staff members
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Tips
Now that you have read our security guard and surveillance officer resume templates carefully, you may be wondering what the next step is to land a security position. Think of reading the example resumes as the first step in the process. After you have done that, continue on to these resume-writing steps:
1. Personalize Your Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume: Make your resume more personalized by reviewing the job description. Include similar skills and language as the job posting to appeal to the hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement opens your resume, which means it determines the first impression readers have of you. Take the time to polish this section, and think about what you want to communicate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using real examples from your previous working experiences adds credibility to your resume while giving you an excellent opportunity to emphasize certain qualities about yourself.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer Resume Templates
Our library of security guard and surveillance officer resume templates is one of the best tools you can use to improve your resume. However, if you still feel like you need more help putting your resume together, consider using an automatic resume builder as well. This will let you focus on the content of your resume.
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 41
Security Agent, 03/2014 – Current Summit Security, New York, NY, USA Called police or fire department in case of presence of unauthorized persons or fire. Identified personnel and people who entered in the building.Security Ag... more 42
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 42
Combat Engineer (2008 – 2014)United States Army, Londonderry , NH, USA Operated and maintained communication equipment in good condition. Detected and annulled mines. Took rapid and advantageous decisions to fulfill each missio... more 43
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 43
Marion Harrington Education and TrainingNortheast High School – 2006 Saint Petersburg , Florida , United States of America general, Diploma High School Diploma I have completed the required course and obtained a class d unarmed securi... more 44
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 44
security / doorman – ( 07/2011 – present) molley malones, townsville, queensland (australia) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water ... more 45
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 45
Sergeant (July, 2002 – March, 2014)Manchester Police Department, Manchester, Maryland, USA Patrol supervisor in a Municipal Police Department. Supervised daily operations of Police Officers, responded to critical incidents and t... more 46
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 46
Jail Officer (March 18, 2001 – September 14, 2015) Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, Forsyth, Ga., USA Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking... more 47
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 47
U.S. Army, Fort Sam Houston , TX Nov 2013 – Apr 2013 : Manager of Protection Operations Created and reviewed protection plans and policies for all Army units in North America ensuring the safety and security for all personnel and eq... more 48
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 48
Team Leader, August 13th, 2013 – Spetember 26th, 2016 United States Army , Fort Benning, Georgia, United States Calvary Scout is Job training for a cavalry scout requires 16 weeks of One Station Unit Training. Some of it takes plac... more 49
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 49
GSA Security Officer – ( 2009 – 2013) Jenkins Security Consultant’s , WASHINGTON, DC200 (20018) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Checked in all visitor’s and contacted POC before entr... more 50
- Security Guard And Surveillance Officer Example 50
Personal Security Detail – ( April 2010 – July 2012) Sally Port, Baghdad, Baghdad (Iraq) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leaking water pipes... more