The legal field is a competitive one with an average growth rate according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, meaning you need a resume that stands out from the dozens or hundreds of other applicants' as you search for employment. Start with our resume-writing best practices to learn how to personalize your document and put your best foot forward.
Our attorney and lawyer resume templates are also helpful for learning how to organize your information and gain the reader's attention by providing the right information. Remember, the better your resume is, the more likely you are to receive interview calls.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Attorney and Lawyer Experience
Did you know the phrasing you use to list your information is a determining factor for many interviewers? Like our attorney and lawyer resume templates, your document should include strong action words at the beginning of each experience bullet point. It is also important to use the same keywords, phrases, and acronyms that the job descriptions do if you want the reader to notice your resume.
• Meet with clients to discuss their legal needs, coach them on presenting themselves in court, and represent them in court
• Interpret laws and regulations as well as court rulings, and use everyday terminology to help clients understand their cases
• Prepare documents related to legal proceedings, including legal briefs, opinions, and paperwork related to filing appeals
• Gather evidence for court cases by finding relevant documents and interviewing clients, witnesses, and other individuals
• Assist with the development of state programs, including drafting legislation and establishing procedures for law enforcement
Attorney and Lawyer Resume Tips
A strong resume is extremely important in such a competitive field. While our attorney and lawyer resume templates are a great starting point, you must work to customize your resume and make it stand out to the reader. Use the following tips and tricks to help your document advance through the hiring process.
1. Personalize Your Attorney and Lawyer Resume: Submitting the same resume to every job posting makes you seem uninterested in any specific position. Customize your document to match each job description, matching language and keywords for each one.
2. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Interviewers want to know what makes you the best, so don't be afraid to sell yourself. List examples of your accomplishments and awards where possible, including quantitative information when you have it.
3. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Don't use an outdated objective on your resume. Instead, create a personal summary that focuses on your biggest achievement in the field and some of the skills you have that make you an excellent candidate.
Attorney and Lawyer Resume Templates
You don't need to go it alone to create a high-quality resume. Real jobseekers created our library of attorney and lawyer resume templates, and the tips make it easier to customize the template to your own needs and experience. If you need further assistance, you can also check out our partner site's professional resume builder.
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 1
Security Dispatcher – ( May 2104 – Present) TC Security, South Bend , IN Dispatch phone calls in relation to residential and commercial burglary and fire alarms. Communicates effectively with customers in relation to their... more 2
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 2
Volunteer – ( June 2013 – June 2015) Akshaya Children’s Home, Bangalore, Karnataka Contributed to teaching and fundraising in the orphanage.Volunteer – ( May 2015 – June 2015) Rotary Blood Bank, Bang... more 3
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 3
Cherubim Ms. EducationMundy – 2008 Jonesboro , Georgia, United States clinical , College Prep High School courses to prepare me for collegeClayton State University – n/a Morrow, Georgia , United States Psychology , Bache... more 4
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 4
Attorney and Counselor at Law – ( 1994 – Present) The Law offices of thon ne P.A., Fort Lauderdale, Florida (USA ) Involved in every aspect of Cases, from acquisition of Clients to Disposition. Advised clients about ... more 5
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 5
Baby sitter, summer 2014 – present Andrea Lubenthal , Fort Dodge, Iowa (United States) Interviewed witnesses. Education St Edmond , 2029 (Iowa City, Iowa – United States) law – masters of science in criminal justice... more 6
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 6
Lawyer of the defendant (2011 – 2012)Mount Olivet, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Mock Trails with schoolVolunteer Dalton Learning Center – Assist and Clerk Parkway Elementry School- Assist Work N/A (N/A ... more 7
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 7
uis ella Personal informationI am Louis and Im an enthusiastic, respectful and hard working person who wants to gain further work experience with your fantastic company to kick off my career in law. I can assure to you I will bring ene... more 8
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 8
Steven P. Tramontin, PLLC, Ann Arbor, MI November 2005 – Present : Owner Successful Solo Litigation Practice in the areas of Criminal Defense, Juvenile, Family Law, & Probate, Legal Defense Group, PLC, Ann Arbor, MI February 2... more 9
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 9
xya xe EducationJackson State University, May 2018 Jackson, Mississipi, United States History with a double minor in Political Science and Spanish, Bachelor of Arts GPA: 3.92 Honors: Salutatorian Scholarship President’s List: December 201... more 10
- Attorney And Lawyer Example 10
Host (Jan. 2014 – Aug. 2014) Olive Garden, Lafayette, Louisiana , United States Greeting guests with a warming smile as they walked inside the building. After greeting the guests, I would sit them at a table or booth in the restau... more