A legal secretary uses finely tuned organizational skills to keep law offices in order. Our legal secretary resume templates give examples of how to present those skills in the best light. A great resume lets recruiters know that you have the necessary skills and experience to be the best candidate for the job by making your best assets the focal point of the document.
We offer tips from real-world professionals and tools to help you build your resume step by step. By using these tools to customize your final draft, you can be confident in the document you submit to prospective employers.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Legal Secretary Experience
When people walk into a law office, the legal secretary is likely the first person they see. Legal secretaries perform the same basic functions as traditional secretaries. In addition to these tasks, they produce legal documents, communicate with legal clients, and assist with research. Our legal secretary resume templates model how to use action words and mirror specific skills mentioned in job postings to present your experience:
• Manage a multi-line telephone system efficiently by prioritizing and answering calls in a timely manner
• Oversee schedule by making appointments, securing travel arrangements, and providing reminders to relevant parties
• Deliver legal documents, invoices, and other communications to both clients and legal staff via the appropriate channels
• Prepare, edit, process, copy, and file legal documentation to ensure accurate communication and record keeping
• Conduct minor legal research, such as database searches and publication reviews, to support the legal team’s casework
Legal Secretary Resume Tips
You can find professional, real-world examples of legal secretary resume templates to help you put together a working draft of your qualifications. You should tweak each resume you submit, however, to reflect the specific job for which you are applying by following these tips:
1. Personalize Your Legal Secretary Resume: When you are searching for jobs, it's tempting to submit the same resume for every posting. Instead, match your document to each job description by placing the keywords found in the description throughout the page.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Legal secretary jobs are in high demand, so there are likely many candidates applying for the position you desire. Your summary statement should grab the attention of recruiters by featuring your most impressive qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your accomplishments are what make you unique. List your experience in terms of specific examples that show you are the best person for the job, and your resume is more likely to set you apart.
Legal Secretary Resume Templates
Our collection of legal secretary resume templates helps you find inspiration for your own document. Start with these examples to build a stellar resume.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can help, too. Use our tools and real-world tips from actual jobseekers to take the next step in your career.
- Legal Secretary Example 21
xelyn xond Work history Cashier (February 2013 – June 2013) Dick’s Sporting Goods, Fairfax, Virginia, USA Reason for leaving: Attending School Volunteer Aide (September 2013 – Present) Hope Montessori School, Annandale, V... more 22
- Legal Secretary Example 22
Cashier (May 2014 – June 2015)Wendy’s, Ventura, Ca, USA Kept contact with cookers, serving staff and patrons to meet client requirements. Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold d... more 23
- Legal Secretary Example 23
David Mckellar Objective Highly motivated student looking to gain experience in the working field. Looking for a company to challenge my skill’s, while benefiting from determined effort. I have friendly, outgoing, energetic, and responsive ... more 24
- Legal Secretary Example 24
Neha Mehra Objective > Gain expertise and experience in the secretarial work. > Get a practical knowledge of the applicability of legal framework in a company. Education Maharaja Sris Chandra College, Kolkata, West Bengal B.Com(Hons.), Accountan... more 25
- Legal Secretary Example 25
xhary rman Education Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education in General Science Southern Illinois University, 2015, Carbondale, Illinois Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Internships Teaching Clinicals – 5th grade Trico... more 26
- Legal Secretary Example 26
Tia Steward Accomplishments Created two successful binding business contracts for local businesses. Voluntarily developed a new file system for a local business. Graduated high school with a honors diploma. Education University of Kentucky, Lexi... more 27
- Legal Secretary Example 27
Loan officer – ( Dec, 2006 – Oct, 2010) Holiday Finance Corp, Brownsville, Texas Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness. ??Improves loan applications and documentation by informing ap... more 28
- Legal Secretary Example 28
Juvenile Court Coordinator (August 2013 – April 2014)Montgomery County Youth Facility, Montgomery, AL Guaranteed that trials were directed in accordance with existing regulation, including decisions such as how evidence had to ... more 29
- Legal Secretary Example 29
Administration (3/3/2007 – 12/13/09)Army, Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States Developed and implemented training programs and procedures for the different job departments of the company. Kept up to date employee records inclu... more 30
- Legal Secretary Example 30
LEGAL SECRETARY – ( 1/1/2014 – 1/1/2016) ABC LAW FIRM, BANDAR SUNWAY, SELANGOR (MALAYSIA) Protected the best interest of the company. Guaranteed that my client’s rights were protected during the divorce process, and t... more