A legal secretary uses finely tuned organizational skills to keep law offices in order. Our legal secretary resume templates give examples of how to present those skills in the best light. A great resume lets recruiters know that you have the necessary skills and experience to be the best candidate for the job by making your best assets the focal point of the document.
We offer tips from real-world professionals and tools to help you build your resume step by step. By using these tools to customize your final draft, you can be confident in the document you submit to prospective employers.
Free Legal Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional legal resumes.
How To Mention Your Legal Secretary Experience
When people walk into a law office, the legal secretary is likely the first person they see. Legal secretaries perform the same basic functions as traditional secretaries. In addition to these tasks, they produce legal documents, communicate with legal clients, and assist with research. Our legal secretary resume templates model how to use action words and mirror specific skills mentioned in job postings to present your experience:
• Manage a multi-line telephone system efficiently by prioritizing and answering calls in a timely manner
• Oversee schedule by making appointments, securing travel arrangements, and providing reminders to relevant parties
• Deliver legal documents, invoices, and other communications to both clients and legal staff via the appropriate channels
• Prepare, edit, process, copy, and file legal documentation to ensure accurate communication and record keeping
• Conduct minor legal research, such as database searches and publication reviews, to support the legal team’s casework
Legal Secretary Resume Tips
You can find professional, real-world examples of legal secretary resume templates to help you put together a working draft of your qualifications. You should tweak each resume you submit, however, to reflect the specific job for which you are applying by following these tips:
1. Personalize Your Legal Secretary Resume: When you are searching for jobs, it's tempting to submit the same resume for every posting. Instead, match your document to each job description by placing the keywords found in the description throughout the page.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Legal secretary jobs are in high demand, so there are likely many candidates applying for the position you desire. Your summary statement should grab the attention of recruiters by featuring your most impressive qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your accomplishments are what make you unique. List your experience in terms of specific examples that show you are the best person for the job, and your resume is more likely to set you apart.
Legal Secretary Resume Templates
Our collection of legal secretary resume templates helps you find inspiration for your own document. Start with these examples to build a stellar resume.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can help, too. Use our tools and real-world tips from actual jobseekers to take the next step in your career.
- Legal Secretary Example 31
and code calling skills... more 32
- Legal Secretary Example 32
Paralegal/Legal Assistant – ( 10/2005 – present) Law Offices of John C. Manoog, III, Hyannis, MA (02601) Write and prepare settlement demand packages Prepare Complaints, Summonses, Discovery Requests and other pleadings M... more 33
- Legal Secretary Example 33
File Clerk (July 2014 – Present (On as needed basis)) Hardin Thompson, P.C., Bingham Farms, MI Maintained and organized file documents alphabetically and numerically Created, processed, and retrieved documents Generated and mainta... more 34
- Legal Secretary Example 34
xez-rodriguez EducationRider University – 2013 Lawrenceville, New Jersey, USA Global Studies, BA I am currently a student of Rider University. I am finishing up my Bachelors in Global Studies to then earn my Masters in Linguis... more 35
- Legal Secretary Example 35
August 2005 – November 2014 / Gila River Indian Community, Sacaton, Arizona 85147 Legal Secretary III Represented the company interests. Used MS Access database software to keep records of clients, invoices, payments and cancellati... more 36
- Legal Secretary Example 36
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York, New York (USA) Legal Secretary, June 1985 – Present Assistant to Senior Litigation Partner and five associates. Responsibilities included preparing and revision of briefs, affi... more 37
- Legal Secretary Example 37
xoke asin EducationA.S in Paralegal – Paralegal/Legal Assistant (2017) Santa Fe college – Gainesville // florida (United States) I am currently enrolled in classes at the NorthWest campus of Santa Fe College. I am learning ... more 38
- Legal Secretary Example 38
Erin Folse EducationFletcher Technical Community College , 2014 Schriever, Louisiana , United States Criminal Justice/General Studies , Associate I will be graduating at the end of May with an Associates in Criminal Justice and an Associates ... more 39
- Legal Secretary Example 39
Full-Time Missionary (May 2014 – November 2015) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Managua, Managua, Nicaragua Served a full-time LDS mission in the country of Nicaragua. Learned Spanish Taught and studied every stu... more 40
- Legal Secretary Example 40
Legal Assistant (September 2016 – present)Office of the Appellate Public Defender, St. Paul, MN – Drafts messages, delivers mail, and prepares client files for re – Compiles district court documents from New MGA R... more