To land interviews and increase your chances of getting an exciting job offer, you need to enter your job hunt prepared with an outstanding resume. This document should show hiring managers that you can quickly and expertly navigate the various duties and responsibilities of the role.
If resume-writing is not your area of expertise, take a look at our useful tips to understand how to craft this important text. We have the archivist resume templates you need to help you with this process as well. They come from real professionals in your field, so you can use them for both inspiration and guidance.
Free Library Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional library resumes.
How To Mention Your Archivist Experience
How you mention your relevant experience is just as critical as the actual experience itself. As you can see from our archivist resume templates, you should use action words to make your experiences sound more impressive. In addition, write with the same language that you find in the job posting, using the following examples as inspiration:
• Evaluate various historical manuscripts and other archival materials to confirm their authenticity and accurately appraise them
• Prepare innovative classification systems to assist in the organization and easy access of archival records and documents
• Safeguard records and materials by creating copies in different formats such as audiotape, film, and other digital files
• Utilize research skills to discover the origins and historical use of each archival document or object
• Implement educational programs such as classes and workshops, and assist users who need information and access to materials
Archivist Resume Tips
To get a new job as an archivist, you need a resume that can make it to the top of the pile on hiring managers' desks. As you use our archivist resume templates to create your own document, follow these steps as well to strengthen your text even more:
1. Personalize Your Archivist Resume: Tailor your text to the specific archivist role you are pursuing by studying the description of the job. Incorporate the skills and responsibilities that are most important to the role.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Convince employers to read the rest of your resume by crafting a perfect summary. Detail a few of the professional attributes that make you the best option for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Did you improve a collection from a certain time period, revolutionize a classification system, or excel in other ways in past archivist positions? Include such specific examples in your resume.
Archivist Resume Templates
Resume-writing is not always easy, but there are tools that can make the process less confusing and time-consuming. Our archivist resume templates, uploaded by actual professionals in your industry, can provide inspiration regarding your content. In addition, My Perfect Resume offers a resume builder that can help you perfect your document.
- Archivist Example 1
Photo Archivist – ( Oct. 15, 2005 – present) Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas, Nevada (USA)Photo specialist, Graphic arts, photo archive management – ( Sept. 2000 – Sept. 30, 2005) Las Vegas Sun, Henders... more 2
- Archivist Example 2
ella xtin Technical skillsTime management/organization/meeting deadlines, Proficient – 5 yearsExtremely proficient in reading comprehension/analyzing text, Expert – 5 yearsAdaptable/Quick to learn new skills and/or lang... more 3
- Archivist Example 3
Archival Processing Assistant – ( 11/7/13 – Current) UCSB Davidson Library, Santa Barbara, CA (93107) Creation of accession inventories and assisting in the preparation o inding aids Processing manuscript and archival coll... more 4
- Archivist Example 4
Waiter – ( June 2009 – Februrary 2014) Favorito’s, Fowler, CA (US) Up-sold additional menu items, beverages and deserts to increase restaurant profits. Took nessisary steps to meet customer needs and effectivly resol... more 5
- Archivist Example 5
Ms. Mary Catherine Rakowski N/A EducationWest Virginia University – December 2015 Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America History, Bachelors Degree I will be obtaining my Bachelors degree in December 2015 with a major in H... more 6
- Archivist Example 6
Summer Docent (June 2012 – August 2014)Korner’s Folly Historical House Museum , Kernersville , North Carolina This job required giving tours, working in the gift shop, and managing archives. Several artifact donations over... more 7
- Archivist Example 7
Annastacia Schabilion Work historyStudent Worker – ( September 2013 – February 2014) Rolling Hills Progress Center, Lanark, IL (United States)LanguagesSwedish, Beginner: I am currently enrolled in Swedish 101 and plan on pur... more 8
- Archivist Example 8
Matthias Mizer EducationMt. Vernon High School – 2015 Gambier, Ohio, United States Liberal arts, Diploma I am currently a Student of Mount Vernon High School.Interests Socialising with friends References Quade Franz Jeremy Chapma... more 9
- Archivist Example 9
Archivist II (November 2007 – Present)York County, York, Pennsylvania, United State Created indices and finding aids for various record series. Processed documents and determined the appropriate method of organization for quick ... more 10
- Archivist Example 10
erly xton EducationLake Land College, 2010 Matoon, IL, United States History, Associate of Arts History, generalEastern Illinois University, 2013 Charleston, IL, United States History, Bachelor of Arts History, Early Modern Europe and... more