You need vast knowledge and great research skills to be successful at library circulation. You can put those same skills to use when you create the resume you need to get the job. Our circulation services resume templates demonstrate how to show off your information-gathering strengths and experiences that make you perfect for the position.
Once you have built a strong draft using the step-by-step instruction of the resume builder, all you need are a few special touches to finish it. Our tips from professionals in the field of library science can help you create a job-winning document.
Free Library Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional library resumes.
How To Mention Your Circulation Services Experience
Being a circulation specialist involves some clerical skills, but the position also requires specialized expertise. Circulation professionals are master researchers, and those are the skills you need to focus on when you are applying for jobs. Each circulation services resume template shows a different way to use action words to match particular research skills listed in the job description of a specific position:
• Locate and retrieve publications that fulfill library patrons' criteria to assist them with both academic needs and personal preferences
• Track usage of periodicals and other subscriptions to focus financial resources on the publications that get the most use
• Gather information from periodical databases, remote sources, and the electronic resources of other library systems
• Research trends in circulation services to provide up-to-date, popular materials that library patrons may enjoy
• Document circulation of library materials by checking items both in and out consistently and accurately
Circulation Services Resume Tips
In conjunction with your cover letter, your resume is the main document that tells potential employers how well you match the job they're offering. The following tips help you turn your circulation services resume template into a job-winning document that can impress employers and lead to interviews.
1. Personalize Your Circulation Services Resume: Each job description uses specific keywords that indicate skills the employer would like the chosen candidate to have. By using these words throughout your document, you increase your chances of getting an interview.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters may spend only a few seconds skimming your resume. Make it easier for them to pay attention and want to read more with a strong opening statement about your best strengths.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Tell memorable stories about the work you've done and the skills you have honed. Your experience section should include accomplishments, not just basic tasks that you performed to complete the job adequately.