You need vast knowledge and great research skills to be successful at library circulation. You can put those same skills to use when you create the resume you need to get the job. Our circulation services resume templates demonstrate how to show off your information-gathering strengths and experiences that make you perfect for the position.
Once you have built a strong draft using the step-by-step instruction of the resume builder, all you need are a few special touches to finish it. Our tips from professionals in the field of library science can help you create a job-winning document.
Free Library Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional library resumes.
How To Mention Your Circulation Services Experience
Being a circulation specialist involves some clerical skills, but the position also requires specialized expertise. Circulation professionals are master researchers, and those are the skills you need to focus on when you are applying for jobs. Each circulation services resume template shows a different way to use action words to match particular research skills listed in the job description of a specific position:
• Locate and retrieve publications that fulfill library patrons' criteria to assist them with both academic needs and personal preferences
• Track usage of periodicals and other subscriptions to focus financial resources on the publications that get the most use
• Gather information from periodical databases, remote sources, and the electronic resources of other library systems
• Research trends in circulation services to provide up-to-date, popular materials that library patrons may enjoy
• Document circulation of library materials by checking items both in and out consistently and accurately
Circulation Services Resume Tips
In conjunction with your cover letter, your resume is the main document that tells potential employers how well you match the job they're offering. The following tips help you turn your circulation services resume template into a job-winning document that can impress employers and lead to interviews.
1. Personalize Your Circulation Services Resume: Each job description uses specific keywords that indicate skills the employer would like the chosen candidate to have. By using these words throughout your document, you increase your chances of getting an interview.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters may spend only a few seconds skimming your resume. Make it easier for them to pay attention and want to read more with a strong opening statement about your best strengths.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Tell memorable stories about the work you've done and the skills you have honed. Your experience section should include accomplishments, not just basic tasks that you performed to complete the job adequately.
Circulation Services Resume Templates
Look through our circulation services resume templates. You will find real-world examples from jobseekers on the same career path you've chosen.
My Perfect Resume offers a resume builder to walk you through the process of writing a stellar document. Coupled with our tips, it can help you create a fantastic resume.
- Circulation Services Example 1
Student Assistant (January 2013 – March 2014) Albertsons Library, Boise, ID, Ada Helped customers to find and understand the information in the library. Informed about different reference sources like catalogues, cards and other, ... more 2
- Circulation Services Example 2
Circulation Clerk – ( May, 2011 – Present) Northbrook Public Library, Northbrook, Illinois Proficient in all areas of the Circulation Department. Interact with patrons regarding circulation of materials, issuance of librar... more 3
- Circulation Services Example 3
Tyler Huffman Work historyBusser – ( 7/3/2015 – 8/12/2015) Trattoria Stella, Traverse City, Michigan (United States) – Able to work effectively in high stress situations. – Able to communicate effectively with managem... more 4
- Circulation Services Example 4
yan xott Education Meade High School, 2015, MeadeKansas, USA General, general – Maintained a 3.85 GPA for all 8 semesters. -Recieved High Honors and Salutatorian of the Class of 2015The University of Kansas, 2019, LawrenceKans... more 5
- Circulation Services Example 5
Danielle Young EducationUniversity of Connecticut – 2014 Waterbury, CT, United States General Studies, Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Science in General Studies with an emphasis on Human ServicesNaugatuck Valley Community College ... more 6
- Circulation Services Example 6
Karen Jeffrey Education Leominster HS, Leominster, MA HS Diploma, General, 1979 General Studies Work history Alton Village Store and Gas, Alton, NH 05/2012 – present : Clerk complete point of sale transactions quickly and accurately, open ... more 7
- Circulation Services Example 7
Detailer – Charlie’s Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram October 31, 2013 – August 31, 2014 // Maumee (United States ) Wash and wax cars, shampoo interior, clean upholstery.Service/Sales Porter – Dave White Acura Sep... more 8
- Circulation Services Example 8
Library Page/ Office Technician Trainee (September 2006 – Present) Everett Public Library, Everett, Washington, United States My duties in this position included: Prepared and distributed information about activities, services and... more 9
- Circulation Services Example 9
Library Associate – Extra Help – ( November 2013 – Present) Kern County Library, Bakersfield, California (United States ) Helped customers to find and understand the information in the library. Informed about differen... more 10
- Circulation Services Example 10
Girl Scout Troop Leader ( December 2012 – presently)Girl Scouts of Middle TennessEE, Nashville, TN, USA I am the Troop leader for the Daisy and Brownie troop in Sylvan Park Elementary School. This is a voluntary position. I c... more