A library curator builds a valuable collection of materials that enhance the institution's worth. Our curator resume templates show you how to build a resume that properly exhibits how valuable you would be to potential employers. By following the examples provided, you make your strengths and experience clear to recruiters who read the document.
We also offer tools to help you build your resume section by section. We provide real-world tips from experts to help you edit your draft once you have a basic framework. These elements can bring you one step closer to your next position.
Free Library Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional library resumes.
How To Mention Your Curator Experience
Library curators are literary archivists. They keep meticulous records, documenting details about every item in the archive. They decide who can handle the items and set the parameters for when each collection will be on display. The curator resume templates show how to use dynamic action verbs and terms from the job ad to link the contents of your resume to the requirements in each job posting:
• Evaluate, appraise, and preserve archival materials with specialized expertise on how to care for old texts
• Organize records of rare materials, particularly those that cannot withstand much human contact, creating digital backups when necessary
• Create and enforce guidelines for patrons and library employees regarding access to rare or delicate materials
• Seek out valuable or priceless historical documents and rare books to enhance library's special collections
• Supervise and train others to set up displays and care for delicate and rare materials properly
Curator Resume Tips
The curator resume templates give you a good idea of how your resume should look. Once you have a first draft, you can fine-tune it for maximum impact by following writing best practices. Here are some extra tips to make your document stand out in a crowd.
1. Personalize Your Curator Resume: Review each job advertisement, noticing the keywords that stick out. Insert these words throughout your document. This helps your resume get past an ATS and into the hands of interested employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Start your document by focusing on the skills that make you a prime candidate for the position. This improves your chances of catching the eye of recruiters, even if they are just skimming through all the submissions.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Reveal your passion for your work in your resume. Tell stories about your personal experience rather than just listing general job duties. Your specific experience is what sells you to the employer.
Curator Resume Templates
Each curator resume template provides a real-world example of a job-winning document that can help you get started on creating your own. Our partners at My Perfect Resume also offer a resume-building tool. Once you have a draft, you can apply our tips to enhance the document before submitting it.
- Curator Example 1
Konrad Dunbar Objective To obtain job and aquire pay for school purposes Work history Towson University, Clerk, 2/2/12 – 8/24/12 Towson, MD, USA Education CCBC Essex, 2013, Rossville , MD, USA English, AssociateTowson High School, 20... more 2
- Curator Example 2
Volunteer, July 2016 – August 2016 Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, Ohio, United States Maintained inventories.LanguagesSpanish, Novice Study of Spanish for the past 7 years.Personal informationI am currently a junior atte... more 3
- Curator Example 3
Grill Cook , July, 2015 – December 2016 McDonald’s, Cordova, Tennessee, United States Took drink and food orders from customers. Demonstrated cooks the preparation and presentation of food in services. Prepared drinks and foo... more 4
- Curator Example 4
Cheyanne Gamble EducationAlbert M. Lowry – 2015 Winnemucca, Nevada, USA History, Bachelor of Arts in History Bachelor of Arts in HistoryInterests I love the subject of History, and it would be dream of mine to pursue my goal in Hi... more 5
- Curator Example 5
xhael me Technical skills Professional Driver and Carpenter, Driving and Rough Carpentry 1996-2016 years Welder, Basic Welding 2016 years Education Elementary Graduate, Basic Education Sampalocan Elementary School, 1974-1981, Caloocan City... more