Consultants must possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry issues they handle. They must also have the flexibility and organizational skills to work with company management as they implement changes. Your resume should include the full range of qualifications you need to do your job well. A few key resume rules help you figure out the most effective ways to convey vital information.
Just a few resume upgrades can help your application stand out. Whatever your area of expertise, our assortment of consulting resume templates showcases top ways to get employers' attention through impactful writing and good resume organization.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Consulting Experience
Companies work with consultants to accomplish a variety of goals. Top areas of expertise include finance, tech, and health, as well as many other specialized areas.
As in our consulting resume templates, balance your description of your expertise with general important attributes, such as flexibility and cooperation. Employers want consultants who not only possess the right knowledge, but can also identify and address a particular company's resources and goals. Your work experience section may include entries such as these:
• Analyze accounting framework, identify areas that lead to errors or inefficiencies, and provide actionable solutions
• Work with management to pinpoint processes that do not yield desired results and recommend alternatives
• Provide agricultural expertise and site analysis as part of proposed merger
• Inspect network systems, identify problematic areas, and work with IT support to update system while ensuring minimal disruption for users
• Conduct workplace training and presentations to promote compliance with applicable health and safety standards
Consulting Resume Tips
At work, you analyze existing systems and look for ways to improve them. Our consulting resume templates help you do the same for your own document. Though your background may differ, some resume advice applies across the board. Implementing the following techniques can enhance your resume and distinguish you from other applicants:
1. Personalize Your Consulting Resume: Show you will fit well with a prospective employer by tailoring your document to its language and environment. Perusing the job listing and other materials you can find helps you structure your resume accordingly.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: On average, you have only six seconds to make your case to a prospective employer. Use that time wisely by creating instant interest with an impactful summary.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing concrete ways in which you improved a company tells a more convincing story than vague descriptions. Specific information is also easier to verify, which makes it more persuasive.
Consulting Resume Templates
As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. You may have read through reams of resume advice, but our consulting resume templates provide a real-world demonstration of effective writing. For step-by-step composition assistance, turn to top resources, such as this resume builder.
- Consulting Example 1
Sales & Marketing Manager – Zadran Group Of Companies (Dec 2014 /May 2016) Kabul, Kabul (Afghanistan) Prepared and revised documents such as contracts, marketing plans, proposals, press releases, advertisements and correspo... more 2
- Consulting Example 2
Management – ( September 1st 2014 – November 10th 2014) Self Employed , Norwalk, CT , Siesta Key, FL (United States ) Management and maintenance of two multi-million dollar developments in Norwalk, CT and Siesta Key, Flori... more 3
- Consulting Example 3
Sales Associate (October 2015 – March 2017)Aeropostale, Houma, Louisiana, United States Improved brand image, product knowledge and sales results, product awareness and brand image developing combined strategies. Performed plans... more 4
- Consulting Example 4
clerk – ( 2006 – 2007) philippi library, Philippi, West Virginia (United States) Maintained inventories. Helped customers to find and understand the information in the library. Arranged and supervised collections of books, ... more 5
- Consulting Example 5
Senior Associate (April 2013 – Present)Ernst and Young Advisory, , , Singapore Development of pricing strategy for a large IT Infrastructure company in Singapore ¢ Advised client on pricing strategy and recommended the impl... more 6
- Consulting Example 6
Risk & Liability Administrator (October 1990 – June 1996)Char-Broil, Columbus, Georgia, United States Responsible for handling consumer related issues involving personal injury and/or property damage.Buyer/Planner (June ... more 7
- Consulting Example 7
Keyholder Sales Supervisor (March 2017 – Present)iWorld Connect, Kelowna, BC, Canada Performed plans to expand new and existing customer sales. Developed actions to improve the brand image. Improved brand image, product knowledg... more 8
- Consulting Example 8
it li Education Arthur L. Johnson Reigonal High School, 2007, ClarkNew Jersey, United States General HS Education, General HS Education High School DiplomaMilitary experience Air Defense Crew Member (February 2011 – February 201... more 9
- Consulting Example 9
in future job and to gain more skills. Gain more idea in finding related to my course.EducationASU-CIT, 3rd year Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines BS Information Technology, Bachelor’s Degree High School DiplomaExperienceS.A (S... more 10
- Consulting Example 10
Assistant – ( 2015 Summer – 2016 Start of school year) ENMU, Portales, NM (USA) Created, implemented, and fixed information technology systems for clients. Fixed small tasks. Taught basic needed things to the teachers and ... more