Executives are the face and voice of the company. To prove you can perform at this level, you need a resume that shows not only a history of leadership and initiative but also the specific skill set needed to represent the company well. The executive resume templates give real-world examples from professional titans of industry.
Our resume builder can streamline the resume-writing process. We partner with real-world jobseekers to give you the best guidance for your career. With our contributors' helpful tips, your new and improved resume is ready to start working for you in a short amount of time.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Executive Experience
An organization's top-tier executives are the leaders who coordinate the operation of the entire company. As seen on our executive resume templates, you must understand the financial structure of the company as well as the human resources side of things. You should be prepared to demonstrate that you're a decision-maker whose qualifications mirror the job description. Your list of responsibilities should start with strong action words:
• Hire and supervise department heads as they carry out organizational, departmental, and individual goals for their respective offices
• Oversee financial well-being of the company and make recommendations for needed changes to the budget or reports
• Collaborate with other executives to analyze the effectiveness of the company's production rate and company morale
• Create and implement company policies, including hiring, onboarding, training, anti-discrimination, human resources, and exit procedures
• Act as a change agent when an aspect of the company's operation is broken or needs improvement
Executive Resume Tips
In conjunction with a well-written cover letter, your resume must catch the recruiter's eye if it is going to get you an interview. Follow the examples found in the executive resume templates as well as the tips our contributing professionals have to offer.
1. Personalize Your Executive Resume: Word choice is important. Tailor each resume to the job you are trying to get. Use keywords and key phrases from the job description so that it shows you are the best match for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters should not have to look any further than your summary statement to know how well you would perform at the job. Make it a clear, concise statement of your best skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Numbers are persuasive. When you talk about your executive experience, find a way to quantify your accomplishments. Cite growth percentages and specific revenue earned to give the complete story of your competence.
Executive Resume Templates
The contributors who write these executive resume templates are actual professionals in the field. These examples can set you up for a successful job search.
We offer other tips and tools that help you as well. The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can guide you step by step through the writing process.
- Executive Example 21
Wedding Planner and Sales Manager (Aug 2004 – August 2005)Wyndham Garden Hotel , Dallas, TX Welcomed customers who arrived to the hotel and offered excellent client service. Dealt with guest arrivals, informed about the hotel se... more 22
- Executive Example 22
Executive Assistant – ( 19/01/2009 – nowadays) IndÃºstria de Bebidas Pirassununga Ltda., sÃ£o Paulo, SÃ£o Paulo (Brazil) Activities: Assistance to the President and Sales Director. Correspondence and Document Receiv... more 23
- Executive Example 23
Shop Administrative Assistant, September 2010 – Present Evapco, Inc., Taneytown, MD, US Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Trained employees ... more 24
- Executive Example 24
Manager (11/15/2007 – 05/31/2013) Busy Bee Beverage, Jacksonville , Arkansas, United States Customer service and public relations daily. Ordering of all merchandise within the business. Responsible for daily deposits and handling ... more 25
- Executive Example 25
VP Coordinator (01/12 – Present)Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Fort Worth, TX, USA Manage and maintain marketing Sharepoint content & security. Manage Scientific Advisor annual contract process & track invoices and paym... more 26
- Executive Example 26
Owner/Manager – ( April 1, 2014 – Present) Raging River Pizza Co, Fall City, WA (USA) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, by sale-o&... more 27
- Executive Example 27
Reports Analyst/ Workforce Assistant, Oct 2012 – May 2014 Convergys, Mandaluyong City, Manila, Philippines Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Created and maintained new filing systems. Provided administrative support for... more 28
- Executive Example 28
Executive Assistant to the COO – McDowell Family LLC April 2011 – Present // Akron (United States) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Cre... more 29
- Executive Example 29
Assistant Manager (Sep 2011 – Aug 2013) American Eagle Outfitters, Scottsdale, Arizona Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices. Oversaw and organized the custom... more 30
- Executive Example 30
Student job – ( 01/07/2014 – 31/07/2014) Standaardboekhandel, Knokke-Heist, West Flanders (Belgium) Sales... more