Executives are the face and voice of the company. To prove you can perform at this level, you need a resume that shows not only a history of leadership and initiative but also the specific skill set needed to represent the company well. The executive resume templates give real-world examples from professional titans of industry.
Our resume builder can streamline the resume-writing process. We partner with real-world jobseekers to give you the best guidance for your career. With our contributors' helpful tips, your new and improved resume is ready to start working for you in a short amount of time.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Executive Experience
An organization's top-tier executives are the leaders who coordinate the operation of the entire company. As seen on our executive resume templates, you must understand the financial structure of the company as well as the human resources side of things. You should be prepared to demonstrate that you're a decision-maker whose qualifications mirror the job description. Your list of responsibilities should start with strong action words:
• Hire and supervise department heads as they carry out organizational, departmental, and individual goals for their respective offices
• Oversee financial well-being of the company and make recommendations for needed changes to the budget or reports
• Collaborate with other executives to analyze the effectiveness of the company's production rate and company morale
• Create and implement company policies, including hiring, onboarding, training, anti-discrimination, human resources, and exit procedures
• Act as a change agent when an aspect of the company's operation is broken or needs improvement
Executive Resume Tips
In conjunction with a well-written cover letter, your resume must catch the recruiter's eye if it is going to get you an interview. Follow the examples found in the executive resume templates as well as the tips our contributing professionals have to offer.
1. Personalize Your Executive Resume: Word choice is important. Tailor each resume to the job you are trying to get. Use keywords and key phrases from the job description so that it shows you are the best match for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters should not have to look any further than your summary statement to know how well you would perform at the job. Make it a clear, concise statement of your best skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Numbers are persuasive. When you talk about your executive experience, find a way to quantify your accomplishments. Cite growth percentages and specific revenue earned to give the complete story of your competence.
Executive Resume Templates
The contributors who write these executive resume templates are actual professionals in the field. These examples can set you up for a successful job search.
We offer other tips and tools that help you as well. The resume builder at My Perfect Resume can guide you step by step through the writing process.
- Executive Example 31
Executive Secretary – ( 12/2010 – Present) Univeristy of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia (USA) Serve as the Executive Secretary to the Chair of the Department of Surgery, Dr. Irving Kron. Prepared al... more 32
- Executive Example 32
Junior Executive (August 2011 – June 2012)Shree Marketing, Karaikudi, Tamilnadu, India Worked in Shree Marketing, a Franchisee of “THE HINDU” from August 2011 to June 2012 handling Marketing and Administration. Handl... more 33
- Executive Example 33
Management & Sales – ( June 2012 – Present) Tailor Made Kitchens and Baths, Inc., Midlothian, Virginia (USA) Sales – In store, in home quotes, direct mailing, four home shows per year Office – Manage websit... more 34
- Executive Example 34
Systems Administrator (1 July 2003 – to date)Embassy of Nigeria, Woluwe St. Pierre, Brussels, Belgium Provided help-desk assistance to matters related to more than 20 employees for hardware and software solutions. Trained all em... more 35
- Executive Example 35
Ashley Elizabeth Sayegh Technical skillsStrong organizational and planning skills, Excellent written and verbal communication, Fine attention to detail an problem solving, Personable, Friendly, Reliable, Fluent in MS Office, IT skills, Social m... more 36
- Executive Example 36
Continental Resources Inc., Sidney, MT November 2004 – 12/2015 : Production Analyst – Planned and coordinated logistics and materials for staff and management meetings as well as staff events. – Ordered and distributed o... more 37
- Executive Example 37
Hair color specialist (March 2011 – current) Maximum FX, Austin, TX – Texas, United States Welcomed clients and ensured punctuality in their appointments with the salon personnel. Promoted sales of products and services Sche... more 38
- Executive Example 38
marie lm BUSINESS EXPERIENCEIndependent Licensed Insurance Agent, April, 2014 – Present AFLAC, Louisville, KY, USA Identify potential businesses to present insurance options for employees. Consulted with employees to learn their need... more 39
- Executive Example 39
Sales Execution Coordinator (April 1999 – July 2014)Western Beverage Company, Eugene, Oregon -Sales and Administrative Professional with 15 years of experience supporting and directing C-level executives and their sales teams in... more 40
- Executive Example 40
Executive Assistant / Receptionist (June 2011 – Currently Employed)Jerry Fink Real Estate Inc., Howard Beach, New York Receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Received and answered requests from prospects,received by e-mail a... more