When you are applying to own a franchise, you want a resume that shows you will be a good representative of the company. Peruse our library of franchise resume templates to see examples of how to focus on the skills and experience that will best align your goals with those of the parent company. Get good examples of how to specify your qualifications.
Use the resume-building tool to ensure that you don't leave any pertinent information off your document. Our real-world expert contributors offer tips to make your resume the best it can be to enable a successful job hunt.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Franchise Experience
If you want to own your own business, there are many reasons to buy a franchise. Instead of building your business from the ground up, you partner with an established entity that may have a certain measure of name recognition and success. Our franchise resume templates show you how to use action words and match your experience with the job description to communicate your value clearly:
• Consult with parent company advisors to strategize a business plan that makes sense for the location
• Manage operations or hire on-site manager to supervise employees and conduct on-the-job training to uphold the standards of the company
• Handle payroll to ensure timely checks for employees and structure company budgets for inventory on location
• Purchase supplies needed for local operations, per the guidance of and agreement with the parent company
• Train and complete performance evaluations of employees according to the standards and schedule of the parent company
Franchise Resume Tips
To make a resume that will wow decision-makers at the parent company, use our franchise resume templates as examples. Once you have the basics down, follow these tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Franchise Resume: When recruiters read resumes, they are looking for the candidate who best matches the job description posted. Insert the keywords featured in the blurb into your resume in a natural, organic way to customize your resume for the job you want.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is the first impression your resume makes on prospective employers. As such, it is one of the most important sections on the page. Write a summary that gives a memorable picture of what you bring to the table.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Avoid generic task lists under the jobs in your experience section. Instead, list your accomplishments and the professional milestones you reached in each position. The more specific you can be, the more your experience shines.
Franchise Resume Templates
Real-world professionals with franchise experience write our franchise resume templates. You are getting solid industry advice.
My Perfect Resume's resume builder offers a quick, linear approach to creating a great resume. Paired with tips from our contributors, you are well-equipped to pursue your goal of owning a franchise.
- Franchise Example 1
General Manager – ( November 2015 – Current) Dollar Tree, Largo , Florida Continuation of Family Dollar; franchise was bought out by Dollar Tree. Created employee schedules, payroll and background check through Project Man... more 2
- Franchise Example 2
Store Manager, October 2000 – January 2014 Enmark, Augusta , GA, United States Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges an... more 3
- Franchise Example 3
QA/QC inspector, 2/15/15 – 5/20/15 Alternative Energy Development , Holden, UT, USA Completed assignments on-time and within budget, and was available to travel on short notice. Performed operation and maintenance activities for re... more 4
- Franchise Example 4
Manager/Owner (April, 2004 – Present)Subway Sandwiches, Union City, CA, USA Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges an... more 5
- Franchise Example 5
Nicholas Engel EducationShaler Area High School – 2007 Pittsburgh, PA, United States AP program, High School Degree Followed an advanced placement program throughout high school.Slippery Rock University – Currently enrolled ... more 6
- Franchise Example 6
Fox and Hound, Manager, February 2011 – Current Peoria, AZ, USACactus Moon, Server, August 2011 – July 2012 Mesa, AZ, USAAmarone Italian Restaurant, Management, April 2010 – February 2011 Scottsdale, AZ, USAElep... more 7
- Franchise Example 7
Kitchen Manager, November 2010 – Current The Willow Restaurant, Washington Courthouse, Ohio, USA Collaborated with the operations manager to perform in the most efficient way to meet the company’s expectations. Managed daily ... more 8
- Franchise Example 8
General Manager (Jan/2013 – Current)The Green Burro, Greensboro, NC, USA Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve monthly objectives. Responsible for all orders Li... more 9
- Franchise Example 9
Employee – ( 2006 – 2009) Wendys, Troy, michigan (United States) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and pla... more 10
- Franchise Example 10
, 4 years ExperienceManagement – ( 2007 – 2015) Mcdonalds, Greensboro, Georgia (United States) The duties include but not limited too, training and retraining of new and experienced worker’s. Controlling a shift of ... more