Jobseekers often have questions about various aspects of resume composition. It can be hard to figure out what information to include and what to leave out. Knowing some key rules can make the writing process smoother.
Keep in mind that the purpose of your document is to let prospective employers know you meet their requirements and will fit well within the company. Your resume should also engage readers and make them want to learn more about what you bring to the job. Our human resources resume templates offer some outstanding examples of professional documents that present employers with all the information they seek.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Human Resources Experience
Human resources professionals must possess significant interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to understand a vast number of organizational rules and policies. Many employers also require or prefer various software proficiencies.
Your work experience section provides the bulk of information about your skills. Prioritize especially challenging or successful tasks, use varied, dynamic action verbs to start each entry, and mirror the language found in the job ad. Our human resources resume templates include some helpful examples:
• Analyze organizational policy and draft recommendations on changes or additions based on organizational goals and applicable laws and regulations
• Create and lead organizational initiatives to improve employee morale and productivity
• Review and update employee handbook and other workplace materials; address violations as per policy
• Administer workplace compensation, benefit, and incentive structures
• Resolve workplace conflicts according to organizational policy
Human Resources Resume Tips
Perfecting your resume does not have to give you a headache. Just keeping some fundamental principles in mind as you write can help you create a document that impresses employers and furthers your career goals. Our human resources resume templates exemplify several important techniques to help your application garner positive attention.
1. Personalize Your Human Resources Resume: Invest the time to research each prospective employer, and carefully read the job posting. Using the same phrasing and emphasizing qualifications the employer prioritizes can move your resume to the top of the pile.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This section can determine whether a manager will keep reading. To make the right impression, make your summary interesting and useful.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Metrics and specific accomplishments show employers how you put your skills and knowledge to use.
Human Resources Resume Templates
Human resources resume templates from actual professionals illustrate the top resume guidelines you need to create a successful document. Additional tools, such as this easy-to-use resume builder , go even further in paving the way to career success by providing the building blocks to craft a standout submission.
- Human Resources Example 1
Julie Arsenault Qualifications – Currently working towards CHRL designation – Currently an honors level postgraduate student at George Brown College – Over 5 years of experience in both general and financial administrative role... more 2
- Human Resources Example 2
Chief Operations Officer (September 1998 – Present)Family Service Society, Inc., Corning, New York Evaluate the company environment and suggest changes to meliorate efficiency, productivity and employee positive attitude. Create... more 3
- Human Resources Example 3
Business Manager (December 2009 – Present)HomeTown Cooking, Hickory, NC, USA Performed plans to expand new and existing customer sales. Introduced new marketing strategies to improve customer acquisition, business implantation a... more 4
- Human Resources Example 4
1st Grade Teacher (September 1974 – August 1975)Woodlawn Elementary School, Sebring , Florida, United States Developing, maintaining and executing lesson plans.Field Executive (October 1975 – September 1982)Girl Scou... more 5
- Human Resources Example 5
The Home Depot, Inc., Flushing, MI 2002 – 2012 : Specialty Sales Supervisor Ensure ALL customers receive exceptional service in a safe and clean environment. Resolve disputes and conflicts fairly and quickly. Ensure staff are knowle... more 6
- Human Resources Example 6
Human Resources Assistant – ( 2017 – 2021) MANPOWER, Valdosta, GA (US) Prepared and revised documents such as contracts, marketing plans, proposals, press releases, advertisements and correspondence. Maintained accuracy and... more 7
- Human Resources Example 7
clerk – ( 2008 – 2010) white line express, Wolcott , in (usa) i awnsered phones, filed documents, took care of pay roll and etc.clerk – ( 2010 – 2013) good to go bp, Reynolds, in (Usa) i was a clerk at a... more 8
- Human Resources Example 8
Heather Young Education Lakewood Christian High School, McAlester, Ok. high school diploma, general, 2010 Eastern Oklahoma State College, McAlester, Ok. , Life Sciences, 2010-Present Work history Family Video, McAlester, Ok. 2011 – July 2... more 9
- Human Resources Example 9
Payment Verification (4/13 – Present)Footlocker.com, Wausau, Wisconsin, United States Verify orders to try and cut back on fraud. Be attentive to the job so that you can make standards. Due to the nature of our job all our proce... more 10
- Human Resources Example 10
Intensive In-Home Services Supervisor – ( 07/01/2012 – Current) Family Facets, Columbia, Missouri (United States) Developed and managed different plans, dealt with budgets and supervised projects from the beginning until th... more