Managers supervise their teams and hold accountability for performance. Demonstrate your organization, attention to detail, and communication skills by creating a resume that displays these attributes rather than just listing them. Top priorities include proper formatting and effective work history descriptions.
Many jobseekers have already heard this advice but remain unsure of how to apply it to their own documents. Our wide array of management resume templates offers great examples of documents from professionals with various backgrounds working in many types of industries. Use them along with our writing tips to craft a unique resume that represents you as the top professional you are.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Management Experience
Effective managers understand the goals of their industry, and they also possess core general skills that apply across the board. As managers work in virtually all types of industries, your submission should showcase your unique role.
Frame general qualifications such as team leadership and communication within the context of your industry and organization type. You can see some examples of good experience descriptions in our management resume templates.
• Hire, train, and supervise administrative team; provide performance feedback and initiate disciplinary measures as necessary
• Analyze team productivity and implement initiatives to boost employee motivation and productivity
• Manage department budget, work with accounting department to set yearly budget and make adjustments as needed
• Report to executive management team concerning role of sales department, its short- and long-term goals, and its progress in achieving them
• Analyze market trends, develop and lead sales strategy, collaborate with marketing department in creating promotional campaigns
Management Resume Tips
If, so far, your resume writing has consisted of listing everything you can think of about your job experience, there are some easy ways to refine and elevate this information. Our management resume templates present examples of effective information selection and language use. Use these simple rules to achieve a similar effect:
1. Personalize Your Human Resources Resume: Adapting your resume for each application helps it clear the increasingly common hurdle of the applicant tracking system. Plus, it impresses human hiring managers once it arrives on their desks.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Think of this section as a blurb; does it make the reader want more? Draw in employers with dynamic, succinct descriptions of what makes you a stellar manager.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing your experiences in terms of goals you have achieved and tangible ways you benefited the company bolsters your assertions that you are the candidate employers want.
Management Resume Templates
Looking over some stellar management resume templates from managers with similar backgrounds to yours can yield helpful ideas for good ways to frame your own skills and experiences. Other resources to check out include this step-by-step resume builder that helps you craft an impressive resume quickly and easily.
- Management Example 1
d manager with excellent client and project management skills. Action-oriented with strong ability to communicate effectively with technology, executive, and business audiences. Committed and motivated Administrative Assistant with exceptio... more 2
- Management Example 2
ardo ondo Objective Highly motivated student interested in getting work experience preferably in the business field. Work history Cashier (May 2014 – August 2014)Super Ofertas Elizondo, Ejido Presidente Lazaro Cardenas, Tamaulip... more 3
- Management Example 3
Shift Leader – ( January 2014 – Current) Pita By The Beirut, Newnan, Georgia (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment.... more 4
- Management Example 4
Customer Service Leader – ( July 6, 2013 – Present) Hannaford, Gardner, MA (United States) As a service leader, I am responsible for ensuring that both our customers and associates are satisfied. I am a very experienced mul... more 5
- Management Example 5
Bre’Anna Ealey Objective To obtain a position in a company using the ability to understand and follow verbal instructions to provide the company with quick and reliable services. Education Studying, Cosmetology P and A Scholars Beauty Sc... more 6
- Management Example 6
2003 – 2007 / SELECT AUTOMOBILES, THRISUR, KERALA SALES EXECUTIVE Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Consulted with clients to know their... more 7
- Management Example 7
Ashley M. Borrego Education and TrainingLas Vegas Christian Academy, 2002 Las Vegas, New Mexico, United States High School Diploma, . General EducationLuna Community College, Current Las Vegas, New Mexico Early Childhood Multicultural Educ... more 8
- Management Example 8
Manager (February 2011 – July 2013)Cellairis, North Canton, OH, United States As store manager I was responsible for: Interviewing, hiring and training staff Evaluating employee performance Offering positive feedback Reporting ... more 9
- Management Example 9
thy xgel ObjectiveI’m seeking to obtain employment with your company; I am able to provide leadership, and upward mobility. I wish to unify my skills with an established company that will promote growth. I’ve worked in several di... more 10
- Management Example 10
Retail Sales Manager, April 16th 2014 – August 4th 2014 AT&T Mobility, Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Coached and developed Sales staff accordi... more