Managers supervise their teams and hold accountability for performance. Demonstrate your organization, attention to detail, and communication skills by creating a resume that displays these attributes rather than just listing them. Top priorities include proper formatting and effective work history descriptions.
Many jobseekers have already heard this advice but remain unsure of how to apply it to their own documents. Our wide array of management resume templates offers great examples of documents from professionals with various backgrounds working in many types of industries. Use them along with our writing tips to craft a unique resume that represents you as the top professional you are.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Management Experience
Effective managers understand the goals of their industry, and they also possess core general skills that apply across the board. As managers work in virtually all types of industries, your submission should showcase your unique role.
Frame general qualifications such as team leadership and communication within the context of your industry and organization type. You can see some examples of good experience descriptions in our management resume templates.
• Hire, train, and supervise administrative team; provide performance feedback and initiate disciplinary measures as necessary
• Analyze team productivity and implement initiatives to boost employee motivation and productivity
• Manage department budget, work with accounting department to set yearly budget and make adjustments as needed
• Report to executive management team concerning role of sales department, its short- and long-term goals, and its progress in achieving them
• Analyze market trends, develop and lead sales strategy, collaborate with marketing department in creating promotional campaigns
Management Resume Tips
If, so far, your resume writing has consisted of listing everything you can think of about your job experience, there are some easy ways to refine and elevate this information. Our management resume templates present examples of effective information selection and language use. Use these simple rules to achieve a similar effect:
1. Personalize Your Human Resources Resume: Adapting your resume for each application helps it clear the increasingly common hurdle of the applicant tracking system. Plus, it impresses human hiring managers once it arrives on their desks.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Think of this section as a blurb; does it make the reader want more? Draw in employers with dynamic, succinct descriptions of what makes you a stellar manager.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing your experiences in terms of goals you have achieved and tangible ways you benefited the company bolsters your assertions that you are the candidate employers want.
Management Resume Templates
Looking over some stellar management resume templates from managers with similar backgrounds to yours can yield helpful ideas for good ways to frame your own skills and experiences. Other resources to check out include this step-by-step resume builder that helps you craft an impressive resume quickly and easily.
- Management Example 1
2007 – 2013 / Atrium Incorporated, New York, New York Administrative Manager, Retail Used MS Access database software to keep records of clients, invoices, payments and cancellations. Internal Audits. Provided administrative support... more 2
- Management Example 2
ra xewicz My OwnI have no other work experienceEducationJunipero Serra High School, Class of 2015 San Diego, California, United States still attending, none I am currently enrolled as a senior at Junipero Serra high school. I’v... more 3
- Management Example 3
Shift Manager (01/09 – 04/11) Whataburger, Gainesville, Texas, USA Evaluate Team Member performance, identify and engage in training and development activities, and keep General Manager informed of progress. Greet customers and so... more 4
- Management Example 4
Customer Service Manager – ( Aug. 2011 – Present) Hobby Lobby, Kingsport, TN (USA) Train new employees on cash register, returns/exchanges, and company policy. Complete daily schedules for all employees. Make and execute we... more 5
- Management Example 5
Senior Planner – ( Sep 2011 – Sep 2015) M+W Group Singapore, Singapore, Singapore (Singapore) Provides roadmap for tasks and milestones that requires tracking and controlled as the project progressed. Hold periodic projec... more 6
- Management Example 6
Assistant Manager (03/15/2016 – Currently )Famous Footwear , Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Trained new hires. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, describ... more 7
- Management Example 7
rk xton EducationAmerican Public University , 2015 Charles Town, WV Transportation and Logistics Management, Bachelor of Arts The Bachelor of Arts in Transportation and Logistics Management focuses on the principles, policies, trends, and cu... more 8
- Management Example 8
Rescare Home Care , Eastman , GA (USA) Office Assistant, March 2008 – March 2009 Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Created and maintained new ... more 9
- Management Example 9
Jason Chamberlin Work historyAir Ramp – ( August 2012 – January 2013) United Parcel Service (UPS), Ontario, California (U.S.) Loaded Packages onto and off of Airplanes at Ontario AirportElectrician – ( June 2012 –... more 10
- Management Example 10
General Manager – Luna Grill Sep 2012 – Aug 2016 // San Diego (United States) In my position I utilized various systems as Micros Oracles, Excel and Word. I was in charge on looking at profit and loss reports and also bein... more