Managers supervise their teams and hold accountability for performance. Demonstrate your organization, attention to detail, and communication skills by creating a resume that displays these attributes rather than just listing them. Top priorities include proper formatting and effective work history descriptions.
Many jobseekers have already heard this advice but remain unsure of how to apply it to their own documents. Our wide array of management resume templates offers great examples of documents from professionals with various backgrounds working in many types of industries. Use them along with our writing tips to craft a unique resume that represents you as the top professional you are.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Management Experience
Effective managers understand the goals of their industry, and they also possess core general skills that apply across the board. As managers work in virtually all types of industries, your submission should showcase your unique role.
Frame general qualifications such as team leadership and communication within the context of your industry and organization type. You can see some examples of good experience descriptions in our management resume templates.
• Hire, train, and supervise administrative team; provide performance feedback and initiate disciplinary measures as necessary
• Analyze team productivity and implement initiatives to boost employee motivation and productivity
• Manage department budget, work with accounting department to set yearly budget and make adjustments as needed
• Report to executive management team concerning role of sales department, its short- and long-term goals, and its progress in achieving them
• Analyze market trends, develop and lead sales strategy, collaborate with marketing department in creating promotional campaigns
Management Resume Tips
If, so far, your resume writing has consisted of listing everything you can think of about your job experience, there are some easy ways to refine and elevate this information. Our management resume templates present examples of effective information selection and language use. Use these simple rules to achieve a similar effect:
1. Personalize Your Human Resources Resume: Adapting your resume for each application helps it clear the increasingly common hurdle of the applicant tracking system. Plus, it impresses human hiring managers once it arrives on their desks.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Think of this section as a blurb; does it make the reader want more? Draw in employers with dynamic, succinct descriptions of what makes you a stellar manager.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing your experiences in terms of goals you have achieved and tangible ways you benefited the company bolsters your assertions that you are the candidate employers want.
Management Resume Templates
Looking over some stellar management resume templates from managers with similar backgrounds to yours can yield helpful ideas for good ways to frame your own skills and experiences. Other resources to check out include this step-by-step resume builder that helps you craft an impressive resume quickly and easily.
- Management Example 1
Maintenance – ( 5/09 – 8/09) Burlington Coat Factory, Cicero, NY (United States) Aided in daily cleanup and upkeep of the storeCashier – ( 8/09 – 11/09) Burlington Coat Factory, Cicero, NY (United States)... more 2
- Management Example 2
Building Manager (March 2013 – April 2016) RL Consulting, San Pedro, CA, usa Completed various maintenance tasks including plumbing issues, painting, minor electrical repairs. Negotiated new lease agreements. Sent periodical infor... more 3
- Management Example 3
Vice-President/Office Manager (August 1985 – Present)Brazosport Tire Company, Clute, Texas Prepared A/P, A/R, credit memos, sales tax reports, invoicing and cash receipts. Resolved account discrepancies, resolved special cases, ... more 4
- Management Example 4
Pizza Italiano, washington, dc, dc 1999 – 2002 : store manager Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Trained the client service department on customer service and phone skills. Trained the customer s... more 5
- Management Example 5
Yvette Roderick Objective To obtain a position with an organization which would benefit from my honest work ethics and positive attitude, while allowing me to feed my personal and professional passions. Education and TrainingMetropolitan Stat... more 6
- Management Example 6
August 15, 2005 – Present / Performance Contracting Inc, Hayward, CA Carpenter Foreman I am currently employed as a Carpenter Foreman at Performance Contracting Incorporated which is known throughout the industry as PCI and is recog... more 7
- Management Example 7
xter j heafer xaf907 Work history/ expeirence warehouse assistant manager (June, 1, 2011- June, 1, 2012- June, 1, 2013 – Aug, 10 ,2011- Aug 1, 2012- Aug, 15, 2013)Giant Dons Flooring America, Anchorage, AK, USA used forklift for da... more 8
- Management Example 8
xrew en Military experience: First Sergeant (1996 – 2016)USMC, Camp Pendleton, CA, USA Helicopter engine mechanic Supervisor Helicopter Engine Instructor Quality Assurance Rep Drill Instructor Company First SergeantTechnical skill... more 9
- Management Example 9
Executive Manager’s Assistant – Pfizer 2013/07/05 – 2014/06/25 // New York (USA) Performed plans to expand new and existing customer sales. Developed actions to improve the brand image. Improved brand image, product k... more 10
- Management Example 10
Department/Project Manager (2007 – 2012)Lowe’s Home Improvement, Regional, Texas/Oklahoma, USA Developed and managed different plans, dealt with budgets and supervised projects from the beginning until the end. Maintained ... more