Managers supervise their teams and hold accountability for performance. Demonstrate your organization, attention to detail, and communication skills by creating a resume that displays these attributes rather than just listing them. Top priorities include proper formatting and effective work history descriptions.
Many jobseekers have already heard this advice but remain unsure of how to apply it to their own documents. Our wide array of management resume templates offers great examples of documents from professionals with various backgrounds working in many types of industries. Use them along with our writing tips to craft a unique resume that represents you as the top professional you are.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Management Experience
Effective managers understand the goals of their industry, and they also possess core general skills that apply across the board. As managers work in virtually all types of industries, your submission should showcase your unique role.
Frame general qualifications such as team leadership and communication within the context of your industry and organization type. You can see some examples of good experience descriptions in our management resume templates.
• Hire, train, and supervise administrative team; provide performance feedback and initiate disciplinary measures as necessary
• Analyze team productivity and implement initiatives to boost employee motivation and productivity
• Manage department budget, work with accounting department to set yearly budget and make adjustments as needed
• Report to executive management team concerning role of sales department, its short- and long-term goals, and its progress in achieving them
• Analyze market trends, develop and lead sales strategy, collaborate with marketing department in creating promotional campaigns
Management Resume Tips
If, so far, your resume writing has consisted of listing everything you can think of about your job experience, there are some easy ways to refine and elevate this information. Our management resume templates present examples of effective information selection and language use. Use these simple rules to achieve a similar effect:
1. Personalize Your Human Resources Resume: Adapting your resume for each application helps it clear the increasingly common hurdle of the applicant tracking system. Plus, it impresses human hiring managers once it arrives on their desks.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Think of this section as a blurb; does it make the reader want more? Draw in employers with dynamic, succinct descriptions of what makes you a stellar manager.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing your experiences in terms of goals you have achieved and tangible ways you benefited the company bolsters your assertions that you are the candidate employers want.
Management Resume Templates
Looking over some stellar management resume templates from managers with similar backgrounds to yours can yield helpful ideas for good ways to frame your own skills and experiences. Other resources to check out include this step-by-step resume builder that helps you craft an impressive resume quickly and easily.
- Management Example 1
Brian Ralston Education Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma Bachelors, Management Science and Information Systems, 2018 High School Diploma Work history Target, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma November 2013 – July 2014 : Sales Associat... more 2
- Management Example 2
October 04 2013 – Current / Lowe’s, Abbeville, Louisiana Customer Service Assoicate Assisted customers with questions and directions throughout the store. Explained Replacement plans and Extended protection plans to customers.... more 3
- Management Example 3
New and Used Vehicle Sales Manager (December 2009 – June 2014)Alf Barbagallo, Osborne Park, Western Australia Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume po... more 4
- Management Example 4
Baileys Frozen Yogurt, Fallbrook, CA (United States) Manager, October 1, 2013 – Present Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price... more 5
- Management Example 5
Animal Rescue Coalition, Sarasota, Florida 2009 – 10-9-2012 : Director of Spay and Neuter Clinic Supervision of Mobile Spay and Neuter Clinic Ordering of Medical Supplies Scheduling Scouting new locations Marketing Client Relations ... more 6
- Management Example 6
Rahul Raj Technical skillsMs- Word , Ms – Excel, sales (3)Areas of expertiseSound expertise in sales,Excellent written and verbal communication skills,Strong Presentation skills,Goal-oriented,Strong networking skills,Negotiatin... more 7
- Management Example 7
Warehouse Associate – ( 10/19/2014 – Present) Border States Electric, Fargo, North Dakota (United States) Duties: Help prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing order... more 8
- Management Example 8
Delivery Driver – ( May 7 2016 – August 17 2016) Donatos, Somerset , Kentucky (United States) In this job, I had to deliver pizzas to the customers. I also had to answer the calls and order the pizzas.Pizza Maker –... more 9
- Management Example 9
Customer Service/ Office Management / Collection / Recovery Agent – ( 06/2005 – 03/2014) Automobile Recovery Bureau of N.C., Charlotte, North Carolina (USA) Prepared A/P, A/R, credit memos, sales tax reports, invoicing and ... more 10
- Management Example 10
Account Executive – ( 9-1-1999 – 12-31-2014) Mohawk Industries, Phoenix, AZ (US) Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, described purchase terms and condit... more