Working in project management requires you to have a keen attention to detail, strong communication skills, and stellar multitasking capabilities. Your resume needs to impart these skills and more to the hiring manager so you get called in for an interview.
Reading through examples, including our project management resume templates, will help you to see what other professionals have detailed in their resumes. Then, you can find ways to incorporate the best ideas into your own document. Our associated writing guides will further assist you in taking your resume to the next level.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Project Management Experience
Without project managers, many companies would feel lost. It takes specific skills to manage and maintain projects from inception to completion, often more than one at a time. Your resume must demonstrate to hiring managers that you have the ability to keep the project on schedule.
When you write your experience, use compelling, active descriptions that go beyond your duties and detail your accomplishments. Reviewing our project management resume templates and resume writing best practices will give you an idea of which areas of your position to emphasize, such as the following:
• Delegate key tasks to appropriate staff to ensure all elements are properly handled
• Review project keystones to determine whether it is on schedule
• Complete financial analysis and create annual budgets for all stages of the project
• Meet regularly with clients to best understand the specifications of the project
• Train and recruit staff as needed to keep the project on schedule
Project Management Resume Tips
While looking at our project management resume templates provides an excellent starting point for building a stellar resume, you also can quickly elevate your document through incorporating a few key tips:
1. Personalize Your Project Management Resume: Do not simply copy and paste the information you find on the resume samples and templates. Spend some time personalizing them to your own experience and accomplishments. Then, take it a step further and tailor your resume to the job description by integrating keywords and phrases from the posting.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Make it easy for hiring managers to see your value quickly with a summary statement. Incorporate the essential skills and qualifications you have that make you the best candidate for the position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Avoid bland lists of your duties. Instead, detail your accomplishments that accurately demonstrate your ability to perform the duties for the position.
Project Management Resume Templates
When you look at our library of project management resume templates, you benefit from examples our users uploaded. This means they have passed real-world tests, providing you with a better source for inspiration. If you wish to have additional help developing your own, then check out My Perfect Resume's resume builder.
- Project Management Example 1
Project Manager (Jun 2012 – Dec 2013)Ecolog International, Kandahar, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan Manage project team to execute operations project effectively and efficiently. Define scope, budget and schedule for operations ... more 2
- Project Management Example 2
fdfdf (2015 – 2017)dmcc, dubai, uae, uae Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achiev... more 3
- Project Management Example 3
Interior Designer with Project Management and Computer Care, 07/2007 – Current Kitchen Classics, Inc., Pleasant Hill, California, United States Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales ca... more 4
- Project Management Example 4
Lead carpenter – ( April 13th 2006 – Jan 1st 2013) Specialty Custom Services, stayton, oregon (United States) Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Performed general laborer work such as placing concrete and ins... more 5
- Project Management Example 5
Service Coordinator – ( December 2011 – January 2013) Toyoda Machinery USA, Arlington Heights, IL Issue quotes to customers for machine repairs Dispatch all 30 field service technicians to customers on a weekly basis Log a... more 6
- Project Management Example 6
Project Manager – ( 05/10/2013 – Present) ConsumerTrack, El Segundo, CA (USA) Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Directed sales ... more 7
- Project Management Example 7
Millersburg Saddle Co., Ltd., Millersburg, Ohio (USA) Owner, 2011 – Current Developed actions to improve the brand image. Improved brand image, product knowledge and sales results, product awareness and brand image developing comb... more 8
- Project Management Example 8
Service Manager – ( 02.02.2015 – -) Schindler Romania, Bucharest, Bucharest (Romania) Insured company’s direct and effective relations with clients. Directed service teams tasks and supervised service activities in te... more 9
- Project Management Example 9
warehouse manager/Carpet tech – ( 1980 – 1981) Kerr Rug Company, Fresno, CA (United States) Directed production teams tasks and supervised production staff. Planned material and supervised store. Collaborated with the opera... more 10
- Project Management Example 10
Superintendant, 02/2006 – 11/26/2014 Icon Costom Masonry, Pineville, North Carolina Collaborated with the operations manager to perform in the most efficient way to meet the company’s expectations. Controlled facilities and e... more