Senior executives fill leadership roles in businesses and organizations. These high-level employees make decisions that shape the corporate culture and determine the future profitability of a company. Most competitive candidates for a position on this level have extensive experience in business at mid-level management or above.
You should describe your background and indicate why you are the right candidate in your resume. Look over our career-specific writing tips and senior executive resume templates for ideas on how to improve the content and formatting of your document. We also make it easy for jobseekers to create professional resumes.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Senior Executive Experience
The way you describe the experience that qualifies you to excel in a senior executive role is significant. Use keywords from the job description and respond to the requirements for the executive position you want. Stay focused on your abilities by using action words, as shown in the following sample job responsibilities and the work history sections on our senior executive resume templates.
• Direct operations and financial activities with a focus on driving down costs, maximizing profits, and increasing efficiency
• Approve policies and appoint managers to monitor major divisions of a company or organization and achieve compliance
• Lead governing boards or management committees and deliver speeches, present information, or write reports from an executive perspective
• Meet with board members or managers to coordinate activities, address important issues, or resolve problems
• Oversee adherence to best practices or legal requirements, and recommend changes to achieve compliance or advocate for changes
Senior Executive Resume Tips
You can strengthen your resume in several ways. Browse our senior executive resume templates and work on customizing the early sections of your document for the executive role you want. Remember that hiring managers and recruiters have a limited amount of time, so make the most of your opportunity.
1. Personalize Your Senior Executive Resume: Avoid submitting an identical resume to every senior executive position. Strive to customize your summary statement and skills section, if not also the descriptions of your work history, for each job application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A solid professional summary will motivate prospective employers to keep reading. Sum up your experience and top qualifications in several short phrases that do not need to be complete sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The more specific you can be regarding your skills and work history, the better. Bring up concrete accomplishments in past management positions, and try to use metrics when possible.
Senior Executive Resume Templates
For additional writing guidance, refer to our collection of senior executive resume templates by real-world job applicants. These examples can be useful sources of inspiration or comparison to help you improve your resume. Use the step-by-step resume builder at My Perfect Resume to create a polished document in minutes.
- Senior Executive Example 1
Senior Country Manager – ( 01 May 1995 – Dec 31 2012) CCM Korea ( Berca Group), Busan-Jin Gu, Busan (South Korea) Managing and Coordinate company’s activities in Korea such as -Development -Purchasing -Production deli... more 2
- Senior Executive Example 2
VP – Technologies Pvt Ltd (2008 Sept/Present ) Mumbai, Maharasthra () Designed, organized and managed advertising campaigns for clients and for the company. Collaborated with the operations manager to perform in the most efficient... more 3
- Senior Executive Example 3
Air Force, Washington, DC (US) Enlisted Aide/House Manager, 08/01/2014 – Present Organized staff schedules. Coordinated the kitchen staff. Supervised and coordinated planning, budgets, purchases and all food processes in the resta... more 4
- Senior Executive Example 4
General Manager (May 2016 – Current)Vapor Squared LLC, Doylestown, PA, USA Operate and manage online marketplace which specializes in vaping. Manage daily operations and directly facilitating customer and client sales. Develope... more 5
- Senior Executive Example 5
Director of International Development (10/01/2012 – Current)Young Life, Colorado Springs, CO – Directed all fundraising activity for International Young Life. – Hired, trained, and supervised development staff and e... more 6
- Senior Executive Example 6
Owner – ( 1992 – 1997) Ken Beck Trucking , Inc, Willits , CA Contract Log Hauler for the Louisiana Pacific Co. Negotiated all contracts, Hired/ Fired employees . Budgeted and analysed financals.Owner – ( 1998 ... more 7
- Senior Executive Example 7
Assistant Vice President, 1996 – 2000 Bank Putera, Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price... more 8
- Senior Executive Example 8
Operation Manager , 05/2015 – 10/2016 Prosperity Auto Sale, LLC , Jacksonville , FL Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Designed and implemented a complete training program and organi... more 9
- Senior Executive Example 9
Chief Operating Officer – ( Oct 2014 – current) OMEG, Tulsa, OK Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, and planned campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Directed employee actions, trained staff and e... more 10
- Senior Executive Example 10
in leading companies and teams to operational excellence – 15 yearsAccomplishments Twenty years of successful experience in managing manufacturing operations, engineering, quality and marketing in both the Military Large Power eq... more