Small business owners and entrepreneurs may be their own bosses, but they may also have to write and submit resumes. Some agencies that connect independent workers with clients may want owners and operators to set forth their qualifications in a resume. This document can also complement a portfolio of work by summing up your background and the extent of your experience.
Our writing guidelines address the requirements for resumes and unique factors that entrepreneurs and business owners should consider. We also maintain a collection of small business and entrepreneurship resume templates that provide examples of ways to write a great resume.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Small Business and Entrepreneurship Experience
The work history section on the resume of an entrepreneur or small business owner may resemble that of a conventional employee, or the writer may structure experience on the basis of gigs or projects. View resumes written by independent workers in our collection of small business and entrepreneurship resume templates.
• Plan short- and long-term operational agendas and budgets to promote the success of a business
• Maintain accurate and detailed financial records for use in planning and tax preparation and filing
• Establish and cultivate relationships with clients to obtain repeat business, positive customer testimonials, and referrals
• Create online marketing campaigns to increase visibility for a lower cost than conventional advertising methods
• Hire contractors and employees and process onboarding as well as payroll and tax filing information
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resume Tips
Small business owners and entrepreneurs should consider the interests or needs of an agency, client, or other readers. Taking the time to do so may help you determine how to portray your skills and experience. Browse our small business and entrepreneurship resume templates to see documents written by jobseekers like you.
1. Personalize Your Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resume:
Personalizing a resume may be easier for business owners and entrepreneurs than regular employees. Your experience is likely to be unique, and you may need to focus on specific abilities.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement:
Sum up the amount of time you have owned or operated your own venture. You may also refer to full- or part-time employee positions or projects that exemplify your work.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
Make a positive impression on an agency, client, or other parties possible by trying to be as specific as possible when describing your abilities or work experience in your resume.