Writing a great resume may require some planning. Professionals seeking strategy and planning roles should focus on presenting their qualifications and describing the extent of their experience, skills, work history, and educational credentials in a complete and structured document.
We provide writing pointers customized for positions in this field. You can also draw inspiration for formatting and content from a variety of strategy and planning resume templates. Our collection includes real-world resumes that make it easy to see what other applicants include in their resumes. These examples can help you make sure that you come across as a capable candidate.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Strategy and Planning Experience
Employers reading resumes for a strategy and planning position want to see how your experience satisfies the requirements. Make a positive impression by describing your skills with the same keywords and phrases that appear in the job description. Use action words to emphasize your abilities and show you are the right candidate for the role. Look over the experience sections in our strategy and planning resume templates.
• Analyze current market strategies to determine the best external and internal approaches to increase profitability
• Prepare reports describing and recommending paths of action for all levels of management and employees
• Gather and process business intelligence from industry reports, public information, opinion polling, and similar resources
• Manage the flow of business intelligence, analysis, and relevant conclusions to senior management and directors
• Communicate with managers, external suppliers, and professional organizations to stay aware of changing industry trends
Strategy and Planning Resume Tips
You can improve the quality of your resume by making a few minor adjustments. Customize your professional summary, skills section, and experience section for each position. Enhancing the early sections of this document can encourage employers to keep reading. Refer to our strategy and planning resume templates for further guidance.
1. Personalize Your Strategy and Planning Resume: Use keywords from a job description throughout your resume. Responding to the requirements set by an employer can help you come across as the best candidate for an open position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Employers skim each resume for a few seconds. A strong summary statement can communicate the extent of your experience, any specializations, and major credentials near the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: One of the best ways to make a strategy and planning resume stand out is to specifically describe your achievements. Indicate the impact of your work by including metrics or statistics.
Strategy and Planning Resume Templates
Check out our strategy and planning resume templates for examples of real resumes by jobseekers in this field. These examples include information employers expect to find in these documents and demonstrate how to make yours just as readable. The resume builder at My Perfect Resume makes it possible to quickly produce a professional-looking document.
- Strategy And Planning Example 1
Senior Marketing Engineer – ( 2007 March – 2014 March) Forbes Marshall Lanka Pvt Ltd, Kohuwala, Colombo (Sri Lanka) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs,... more 2
- Strategy And Planning Example 2
Assistant sales/marketing/communication (Sept 2014 – March 2015) Geraldine Carfield Jewellery , Paris, Paris, France Internship: – Sold advertising spaces for the fashion magazines L’officiel and Jalouse – Se... more 3
- Strategy And Planning Example 3
Superintendent, November 2012 – March 2017 K & P Enterprise, Hinesville, GA, United States Maitained the janitorial supplies of Multiple bank branches After hours clean up of public and private areas of multiple bank branches ... more 4
- Strategy And Planning Example 4
Assistant Manager, 2014 – Current Walgreens, Denver, Colorado, United States Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Planned material and supervised store. Managed daily operations, dealt ... more 5
- Strategy And Planning Example 5
Sales Associate , June 2016 – August 2016 Banana Republic, Freeport, Maine, United States Help customers with product questions, personal stylist for our customers, check-out at register, and manage fitting rooms.Host, June 20... more 6
- Strategy And Planning Example 6
red ring Accomplishments Learned and Implemented INFOR VISUAL ERP System, which has allowed for improved efficiencies in product flow, decreased stock-outs and greater on-time delivery. Continued focus on support of IT Departments DDMRP deve... more 7
- Strategy And Planning Example 7
St John Truck & Trailer Service Inc, Muskegon, MI February 5 2007 – current : Service Writer Responsible for scheduling, and notifying customers of work completion. Responsible for completing estimates, updating customers on r... more 8
- Strategy And Planning Example 8
Front Desk/ Housekeeping (10/2013 – Still Employed) Extended Stay Hotel, Hazelwood, MO, United States Check guests in and out of hotel per Metropolitan and Preferred standards Handling guest complaints and concerns in an efficient... more 9
- Strategy And Planning Example 9
Construction EHS Consultant (CSF/CSM) (01 April 2017 – Present)Google on behalf of Aecom, Eemshaven, Groningen, Netherlands Implement and maintain an EHS Construction safety program by facilitating the construction safety progr... more 10
- Strategy And Planning Example 10
of 30 years in Chemical Industries. Areas Covered In Chemical Industry- Pharmaceutical ( APIs & Formulations), Intermediates (Pharma & Agro) Animal Nutrition & Health Chemical, Plastics & Polymers (including semi fini... more