Are you looking for a machinist job? If so, the best place to start is with your resume. You cannot underestimate how important this document is. Many hiring managers rely entirely on the resume of applicants to make their decision. After reading yours, employers should immediately be confident in your ability to work quickly and effectively.
To make your resume as strong as possible, take a look at our machinist resume template. You can see what aspects work well for the machinist position specifically and what kinds of information should appear on your own machinist resume.
Free Manufacturing And Production Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional manufacturing and production resumes.
How To Mention Your Machinist Experience
Out of your entire resume, there may be no section more important than the experience section. Surprisingly, however, the format of this section is nearly as important as the content. After all, the way you organize the information determines how easily the reader understands it. Be sure to check our machinist resume template.
• Set up equipment and machines for operation, ensuring all machines are completely functional before use
• Inspect all machines for issues, fixing them immediately if possible or creating a malfunction report
• Perform machine maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage, including lubricating parts and replacing worn out parts
• Clean, measure, and package finished products according to field standards to meet all customer expectations
• Measure and inspect parts using precision tools, including calipers, depth micrometers, gauge pins, and thread micrometers
Machinist Resume Tips
The first step toward putting a stand-out and eye-catching resume is reviewing our machinist resume templates. The following detail the next few steps you should take to ensure that your resume is as strong as it possibly can be. Simply keep these aspects in mind as you write, and you can be more confident in what you create:
1. Personalize Your Machinist Resume: Review the job description before you begin writing. Incorporate the language and skills from the posting to make your resume personalized to each new job opening.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers read, which means they form their first impression from it. Take extra time to make sure your summary statement is as appealing as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describe your previous work experiences, giving real examples and including real metrics. This makes the resume more believable, not to mention more appealing to readers.
Machinist Resume Templates
Seeing an example first always makes it easier to start writing your own resume. That is why we provided our machinist resume template. If you want to make the writing process even easier, consider using an online resume builder. This tool automatically takes care of the formatting and organizational aspects of resume writing.
- Machinist Example 1
( – ), ,Education Smith Vocational & Agricultural High School, 2016, NorthamptonMA, United States of America Machine Technologies, High School Diploma I decided to switch from a normal High School in 2008 to go stu... more 2
- Machinist Example 2
Dale Heiter Education and Training High School Diploma, General Prep Courses Parkland High School, 2009, Allentown, Pennsylvania High School Diploma General Education Degree OSHA Certification, HVAC/R Core Corricula Certification, HVAC/R Lehig... more 3
- Machinist Example 3
Fenner , Humble, Texas 11/21/2010 – 12/17/2012 : Supervisor/Melt Molder Interpreted prints to create molds according to customer specifications Performed service on 30 ton injection presses Operated forklift Organized and delegated... more 4
- Machinist Example 4
Machine Operator – ( 03/2013 – present) QuietFlex Manufacturing, Groveland, FL (USA) Machine Operator Checked raw materials for quality and quantity ahead of loading into machine Prepared raw materials to be loaded into the... more 5
- Machinist Example 5
Commercial Transportation Associate (February 2011 – Current) United Airlines Chelsea, Houston, TX , United States of America Transports deliveries and supplies to designated flights. Shelf Stocker (February 2008 – June 201... more 6
- Machinist Example 6
Loader (June 2013 – September 2013)FedEx, Erlanger, KY, United States Though I worked at FedEx for a few months, I have gained the experience of working in the factory setting. I am eager to be taught how to make the products a... more 7
- Machinist Example 7
christopher Nevil Education and TrainingPortage high school – 2007 portage, indiana, usa basic accidemics, certificate of attendence trade school Porter county career center, modern machining consisted of basic training on mills lathe... more 8
- Machinist Example 8
Masonry Laborer – ( 6/2011 – 9/2011) Steger Masonry, Ridgway, PA Mixed mortar and sand together. Carried block and brick. Set up scaffolding. Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Heavy lifting for numerous hours ... more 9
- Machinist Example 9
CNC machinest – ( 01/14 – current) Nacco, Sulligent, AL (US) Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cleaned equipment and faci... more 10
- Machinist Example 10
Press Operation, 09/2012 – Current Norwood Medical, Dayton, Ohio, United States Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Cleaned equipment and facilities. Performed assembly measures as specified. Checked parts for quality. U... more