Are you looking for a machinist job? If so, the best place to start is with your resume. You cannot underestimate how important this document is. Many hiring managers rely entirely on the resume of applicants to make their decision. After reading yours, employers should immediately be confident in your ability to work quickly and effectively.
To make your resume as strong as possible, take a look at our machinist resume template. You can see what aspects work well for the machinist position specifically and what kinds of information should appear on your own machinist resume.
Free Manufacturing And Production Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional manufacturing and production resumes.
How To Mention Your Machinist Experience
Out of your entire resume, there may be no section more important than the experience section. Surprisingly, however, the format of this section is nearly as important as the content. After all, the way you organize the information determines how easily the reader understands it. Be sure to check our machinist resume template.
• Set up equipment and machines for operation, ensuring all machines are completely functional before use
• Inspect all machines for issues, fixing them immediately if possible or creating a malfunction report
• Perform machine maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage, including lubricating parts and replacing worn out parts
• Clean, measure, and package finished products according to field standards to meet all customer expectations
• Measure and inspect parts using precision tools, including calipers, depth micrometers, gauge pins, and thread micrometers
Machinist Resume Tips
The first step toward putting a stand-out and eye-catching resume is reviewing our machinist resume templates. The following detail the next few steps you should take to ensure that your resume is as strong as it possibly can be. Simply keep these aspects in mind as you write, and you can be more confident in what you create:
1. Personalize Your Machinist Resume: Review the job description before you begin writing. Incorporate the language and skills from the posting to make your resume personalized to each new job opening.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers read, which means they form their first impression from it. Take extra time to make sure your summary statement is as appealing as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describe your previous work experiences, giving real examples and including real metrics. This makes the resume more believable, not to mention more appealing to readers.
Machinist Resume Templates
Seeing an example first always makes it easier to start writing your own resume. That is why we provided our machinist resume template. If you want to make the writing process even easier, consider using an online resume builder. This tool automatically takes care of the formatting and organizational aspects of resume writing.
- Machinist Example 11
CNC Machinist (August 2008 – March 2016)Stabil Tech, Parks, Louisiana, USA Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cleaned equipment... more 12
- Machinist Example 12
Team Leader/Machine Operator – ( October 2011 – Present) Stanley Black & Decker, Greenfield, Indiana (USA) Maintain facilities and equipment as needed. Supervise quality of product and took specific actions to amend de... more 13
- Machinist Example 13
NC Programmer – ( 01/2013 – Present) Gage Pattern & Model, Madison Heights, Michigan (United States) Use Powermill to program NC Vertical Mills. Drill, and ream holes in plates, sub plates and bases. Work with allumin... more 14
- Machinist Example 14
General Laborer (6/11 – 8/11)Neyra Industries, Evendale, Ohio I would help package, load, and prepare materials for shipping. Drove forklift and loaded trucks and anything else needed of me.Manager (8/11 – 11/12)Fire... more 15
- Machinist Example 15
Cashier/Preparer (01/2009 – 03/2010) McDonald’s Corporation, Rincon, Georgia, United States I was employed by the McDonald’s Corporation as mentioned above for approximately one year. My duties included delivering cust... more 16
- Machinist Example 16
Kason Wood Education and TrainingAtlanta High School – 2014 Atlanta, Texas, United States General, High School Diploma Graduated in Top 10 Percent of Class National Honor Society Varsity Baseball, Track, and Cross Country (2012-2014) ... more 17
- Machinist Example 17
d, 1 Year years Diecaster, Level 3, 1.5 Years years Set up, Level 1, 6 months years Work historyDie Caster – ( 8/25/2014 – present) SUS, Logansport, Indiana I set up machines and die cast metal.3rd Shift stock ̵... more 18
- Machinist Example 18
xmas ston Objective Looking for full time position in a company where I can receive and increase benefits for myself. Where i can advance and prove that I can be a hard working and productive team member. Work history Production Tech (Feb ... more 19
- Machinist Example 19
machine operator – ( 2004 – 2009) Genpak, Middletown, NY Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cleaned equipment and facilit... more 20
- Machinist Example 20
Machine Operator – Kingsbury Inc 5/2011 – 10/19/2016 // Oshkosh (United States) I set up and operated a Manual Mill, milling to the specified height holding a tolerance of .001. I then was moved to a CNC Horizontal Machinin... more