Are you looking for a machinist job? If so, the best place to start is with your resume. You cannot underestimate how important this document is. Many hiring managers rely entirely on the resume of applicants to make their decision. After reading yours, employers should immediately be confident in your ability to work quickly and effectively.
To make your resume as strong as possible, take a look at our machinist resume template. You can see what aspects work well for the machinist position specifically and what kinds of information should appear on your own machinist resume.
Free Manufacturing And Production Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional manufacturing and production resumes.
How To Mention Your Machinist Experience
Out of your entire resume, there may be no section more important than the experience section. Surprisingly, however, the format of this section is nearly as important as the content. After all, the way you organize the information determines how easily the reader understands it. Be sure to check our machinist resume template.
• Set up equipment and machines for operation, ensuring all machines are completely functional before use
• Inspect all machines for issues, fixing them immediately if possible or creating a malfunction report
• Perform machine maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage, including lubricating parts and replacing worn out parts
• Clean, measure, and package finished products according to field standards to meet all customer expectations
• Measure and inspect parts using precision tools, including calipers, depth micrometers, gauge pins, and thread micrometers
Machinist Resume Tips
The first step toward putting a stand-out and eye-catching resume is reviewing our machinist resume templates. The following detail the next few steps you should take to ensure that your resume is as strong as it possibly can be. Simply keep these aspects in mind as you write, and you can be more confident in what you create:
1. Personalize Your Machinist Resume: Review the job description before you begin writing. Incorporate the language and skills from the posting to make your resume personalized to each new job opening.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers read, which means they form their first impression from it. Take extra time to make sure your summary statement is as appealing as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describe your previous work experiences, giving real examples and including real metrics. This makes the resume more believable, not to mention more appealing to readers.
Machinist Resume Templates
Seeing an example first always makes it easier to start writing your own resume. That is why we provided our machinist resume template. If you want to make the writing process even easier, consider using an online resume builder. This tool automatically takes care of the formatting and organizational aspects of resume writing.
- Machinist Example 21
CNC Programmer/Machinist (7/1/2007 – 3/23/2014)Lakeview Quality Tool, Gaylord, MI, USA Responsibilities Program Haas machine centers with handwritten g-code. Set up and run parts verify quailty checks. Accomplishments Learned... more 22
- Machinist Example 22
1st Class CNC/NC Machinist, February 2012 – July 2014 Blueline Mfg., Houston, Texas, United States Custom machining of oilfield products. Setup and production of products per instructions. Inspection and documentation of quality. ... more 23
- Machinist Example 23
Laborer,forklift – ( June 1998 – April 2015) E.A Breeden, Elkton, Va (United States) Cleaned equipment and facilities. Operated tractors, fork lifts, and man-lifts. Supervised work, maintenance and security tasks provided b... more 24
- Machinist Example 24
building high functioning computers – 5 yearsExperience Umpire (3-2015 – 9-2016)Murray Calloway County Parks, Murray, KY, United States Worked as an umpire for little league baseball games.Custodian (9-2016 – C... more 25
- Machinist Example 25
Machinist/ Shop Foreman (July 1996 – November 2015)American Industrial Polymers, Inc., Giddings, TX, United States Supervised work, maintenance and security tasks provided by third parties. Performed maintenance and mechanical a... more 26
- Machinist Example 26
lan xbardt Portfolio Hi my name is Dylan, I recently graduated high school early. I am 18 now looking for a better job that can maybe be or help me lead down my career path. I am a very hard worker and I try to put 110% into my work. I am ... more 27
- Machinist Example 27
khiah bs SummarySelf motivated Machinist in training, offering a strong attention to detail, skill in reading blueprints and excellent attendance record.HighlightsExpertise in de-burring Drilling Tapping and milling Problem solvin... more 28
- Machinist Example 28
John Ross Skills Forklift operation, Advanced, 12 years Press Operator, Advanced, 20 years Work historyAssembly work – ( 1978 – 1981) Antiquity Hand Crafted Artifacts, Eaton, Ohio (United States) I worked with sheet metal formi... more 29
- Machinist Example 29
Production Lead (July 2001 – Present) Anlin Industries, Clovis, Ca, USA -Supervise and coordinate activities of workers who are engaged in cutting, measuring, leveling and punching vinyl and steel products. -Train workers in oper... more 30
- Machinist Example 30
Level 3 Machine Operator, 2002 – Present Brevard Robotics *Kel-Tec*, Cocoa, Florida, USA Safely operated various Mazak CNC machines. Produced requested parts to specified tolerances. Adhered to all ISO documentation and procedure... more