Are you looking for a machinist job? If so, the best place to start is with your resume. You cannot underestimate how important this document is. Many hiring managers rely entirely on the resume of applicants to make their decision. After reading yours, employers should immediately be confident in your ability to work quickly and effectively.
To make your resume as strong as possible, take a look at our machinist resume template. You can see what aspects work well for the machinist position specifically and what kinds of information should appear on your own machinist resume.
Free Manufacturing And Production Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional manufacturing and production resumes.
How To Mention Your Machinist Experience
Out of your entire resume, there may be no section more important than the experience section. Surprisingly, however, the format of this section is nearly as important as the content. After all, the way you organize the information determines how easily the reader understands it. Be sure to check our machinist resume template.
• Set up equipment and machines for operation, ensuring all machines are completely functional before use
• Inspect all machines for issues, fixing them immediately if possible or creating a malfunction report
• Perform machine maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage, including lubricating parts and replacing worn out parts
• Clean, measure, and package finished products according to field standards to meet all customer expectations
• Measure and inspect parts using precision tools, including calipers, depth micrometers, gauge pins, and thread micrometers
Machinist Resume Tips
The first step toward putting a stand-out and eye-catching resume is reviewing our machinist resume templates. The following detail the next few steps you should take to ensure that your resume is as strong as it possibly can be. Simply keep these aspects in mind as you write, and you can be more confident in what you create:
1. Personalize Your Machinist Resume: Review the job description before you begin writing. Incorporate the language and skills from the posting to make your resume personalized to each new job opening.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers read, which means they form their first impression from it. Take extra time to make sure your summary statement is as appealing as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describe your previous work experiences, giving real examples and including real metrics. This makes the resume more believable, not to mention more appealing to readers.
Machinist Resume Templates
Seeing an example first always makes it easier to start writing your own resume. That is why we provided our machinist resume template. If you want to make the writing process even easier, consider using an online resume builder. This tool automatically takes care of the formatting and organizational aspects of resume writing.
- Machinist Example 31
TYSON’S , VICKSBURG, MS (UNITED STATES) FORK LIFT DRIVER, 01/14/2007 – 01/21/2013 Operated tractors, fork lifts, and man-lifts. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Performed assembly measures as specified. HORIZON HOTEL AND CASINO,... more 32
- Machinist Example 32
Peco Foods Inc., Pocahontas, Ar (US) Machine Operator, 06/06/2016 – 10/20/2016 Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Repaired and replaced broken parts. Heavy lifting and general maintenance. Cellular World, Pocahontas, ... more 33
- Machinist Example 33
Cnc Machinist – ( 4/2012 – 6/2013) Prospect Steel, Little Rock, Arkansas (United States) Ran and Maintained Pedding Haus machinery with drill, acetylene torch, and plasma cutter. Adjusted feed rates and program to fit speci... more 34
- Machinist Example 34
CncMachinist (Current – Oct 2013)Rhinestahl AMG , Mason, Ohio, United States Maintained facilities and equipment as needed.Cnc machinist (May 2011 – Oct 2013)GKN Aerospace, Cincinnati , Ohio , United States Manufac... more 35
- Machinist Example 35
ent lloyd willis x. Technical skillsmanual machinist, lathes, tool & die, grinder, vertical/horizontal mills 2 years machine trades yearspress operator/general laborer, can do anything 4 yearsmechanic, cars/trucks 10+ years... more 36
- Machinist Example 36
Electronics Associate (July 2009 – June 2011) Wal-Mart, Roscoe, Illinois, United States Helped clients to locate articles, explained features and contrasted different models. Explained clients the terms of warranties. Anticipated ... more 37
- Machinist Example 37
operating multiple makes of milling machines and lathes, Manual Lathe/Mill – 1 year Experience 2007 – current / Petsmart, Fountain Valley, CA Retail Management Loaded and unloaded trucks. Cleaned equipment and facilities. Ass... more 38
- Machinist Example 38
machinist (1998 – 2011) Wrayco LLC, Stow, Ohio, USA Examined carefully pieces to eliminate defects. Performed assembly measures as specified. Eliminated small quantities of metal to clean parts. Drilled, taped and reamed holes. Pe... more 39
- Machinist Example 39
Carry out, bagger, stock person – ( June 4th 2012 – May 22nd 2015) Larry’s Super Market, Pelican Rapids, MN Kept stock full. Prepared the store for close. Bagged and carried out groceries. Kept produce full. Maintain... more 40
- Machinist Example 40
Weld Tech – ( May 2010 – December 2013) Shiloh Industries, Wellington, Ohio (United States) Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Constructed and modified engine components using different metals, and methods such ... more