Are you looking for a machinist job? If so, the best place to start is with your resume. You cannot underestimate how important this document is. Many hiring managers rely entirely on the resume of applicants to make their decision. After reading yours, employers should immediately be confident in your ability to work quickly and effectively.
To make your resume as strong as possible, take a look at our machinist resume template. You can see what aspects work well for the machinist position specifically and what kinds of information should appear on your own machinist resume.
Free Manufacturing And Production Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional manufacturing and production resumes.
How To Mention Your Machinist Experience
Out of your entire resume, there may be no section more important than the experience section. Surprisingly, however, the format of this section is nearly as important as the content. After all, the way you organize the information determines how easily the reader understands it. Be sure to check our machinist resume template.
• Set up equipment and machines for operation, ensuring all machines are completely functional before use
• Inspect all machines for issues, fixing them immediately if possible or creating a malfunction report
• Perform machine maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage, including lubricating parts and replacing worn out parts
• Clean, measure, and package finished products according to field standards to meet all customer expectations
• Measure and inspect parts using precision tools, including calipers, depth micrometers, gauge pins, and thread micrometers
Machinist Resume Tips
The first step toward putting a stand-out and eye-catching resume is reviewing our machinist resume templates. The following detail the next few steps you should take to ensure that your resume is as strong as it possibly can be. Simply keep these aspects in mind as you write, and you can be more confident in what you create:
1. Personalize Your Machinist Resume: Review the job description before you begin writing. Incorporate the language and skills from the posting to make your resume personalized to each new job opening.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers read, which means they form their first impression from it. Take extra time to make sure your summary statement is as appealing as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describe your previous work experiences, giving real examples and including real metrics. This makes the resume more believable, not to mention more appealing to readers.
Machinist Resume Templates
Seeing an example first always makes it easier to start writing your own resume. That is why we provided our machinist resume template. If you want to make the writing process even easier, consider using an online resume builder. This tool automatically takes care of the formatting and organizational aspects of resume writing.
- Machinist Example 41
Lead Loader (05/01/12 – 1/01/13) Efco, Monet , Mo, United States Loaded Machines with metal, and made sure the shift ran smothley. Process Tech (01/01/13 – Current) Efco, Monett, Mo, United States Run Shift , and make sur... more 42
- Machinist Example 42
xothy xann ObjectiveI am seeking a position which will allow me to better provide for my family as well as gain useful experience while learning new skills.EducationBerne Knox Westerlo Central, 1990 Berne, NY, USA General Education , H... more 43
- Machinist Example 43
Customer Service Representative – Ciox Health (Formerly ESC) 01-2016 – 11-2016 // Phoenix (United States) Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Assisted individual customers and companies in... more 44
- Machinist Example 44
Ronnie Casarez Objective Seeking a position in Maintenance which will utilize my experience and training. Work history Janitorial & Maintenance – SaveMart – (April 1999/September 2004) Lemoore, CA, United States Receives oral o... more 45
- Machinist Example 45
Matthew Carroll Skills forklift operator, experienced, 2 years janitorial, experienced, 3 years Education and TrainingAlexandria High School – 2012 Alexandria, AL, usa basics, high school diploma High School DiplomaWork history... more 46
- Machinist Example 46
ence c hamilton x. Warehouse/ManufacturingTo create a positive and safe work enviorment while strengthening my financial portfolio.SkillsCertified Forklift Operater, I have an OSHA certification in forklift operation/safety 5 years... more 47
- Machinist Example 47
Electrical Installation Laborer – ( 07/2013 – Current) Turnkey Unlimited, Abbeville , SC (USA) Use various types of power tools, hand tools and equipment Running conduit and Pulling wire Demolishing and Install necessary... more 48
- Machinist Example 48
Sales Associate (Aug 09 – March 17)Central Tire, Sanford, Maine Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Managed daily operations, dealt wi... more 49
- Machinist Example 49
Machinist (1974 – 2005) Todd Industries, Walton Hills, Ohio Performed assembly measures as specified. Drilled, taped and reamed holes. Performed maintenance and mechanical activities. Bridgeport and Assembly (2005 – 2008) ... more 50
- Machinist Example 50
Machine Operator – Shawnee Specialties – (April 2016/November 2016) Eau Claire, Michigan, United States Operated a Drill Press, Counter Bore, Trim Press and any other machine required to machine the parts required. Examined c... more