Your resume must show that you know how to complete the many tasks required in a farming job (and get them done quickly), and it should also demonstrate your ability to think on your feet and act effectively when under stress. We've pulled together helpful advice on how to write a resume that does this.
In addition to expert tips, we have examples of resumes from real-world farmers. Make sure your document gets straight to the point using one of our farming resume templates and strategic tips from industry professionals who know what employers want to see.
Free Natural Resources And Agriculture Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional natural resources and agriculture resumes.
How To Mention Your Farming Experience
The work of a farmer is challenging and often requires quick thinking and a practical outlook. Maybe you have all the right experience to handle those daily emergencies, but you struggle to create interesting descriptions of your abilities. Our farming resume templates show you how to use strong action words and a variety of specific phrases pulled from job ads to showcase your work experience.
• Assist in repair and reconditioning of heavy equipment; perform necessary repairs, sometimes in the field; maintain personal equipment
• Coordinate thorough field trials to determine optimal conditions for application of fertilizers and crop-protection products
• Use physical labor, tools, and equipment to build fences, including walking, lifting, stapling wire and wood, nailing, and digging
• Lay farm irrigation trenches and pipes to ensure uniform crop coverage; perform maintenance on water lines and pipes as needed
• Manage team of farmers producing vegetable and pasture-based livestock crops with an increasing scope of responsibility
Farming Resume Tips
Our farming resume templates provide a great starting point for your document-writing efforts. Once you have a first draft, you can start to perfect it. With the following tips from professionals, you can quickly improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Farming Resume: Many of the duties you perform during farm labor are transferable to other job opportunities. However, your resume is most effective when you've pulled specific words and phrases from each job listing to tailor your document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters don't spend much time on each document that crosses their desks, so place your stand-out facts in the top third of the page. A strong summary statement explains why you're the best match for the open position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: One of the best ways to get an edge above your competition is to share impressive achievements. Choose a story that demonstrates your abilities to get the job done right the first time, and include measurable results.
Farming Resume Templates
Our collection of farming resume templates includes real-world examples uploaded from previous users. Read through those examples to give yourself a starting point, and then turn to the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume. It includes helpful descriptions, spell-check tools, and other useful resources.
- Farming Example 21
Structual Welder – Lee/Vac 4/20/2015 – 1/6/2016 // Houma (United States) Earned Welding certificate and has been welding for 12+ years. Also served six years with Edison Chousest offshore as a certified rigger and deckhand.... more 22
- Farming Example 22
ica le Personal NoteI have always been a strong self starter, and hard worker. From an early age I have been encouraged to work diligently and toward established goals. I have always believed that every job that you do should be done ef... more 23
- Farming Example 23
Goodwill Industries of Eastern North Carolina, Durham, NC Dec. 2012 – Present : Farm Utility Worker The Goodwill Community Farm is a project of the Goodwill Community Foundation and grows food exclusively for donation purposes. I wo... more 24
- Farming Example 24
Farmer – ( May 2001 – Present) xemy xold, Saint Helena, Nebraska (USA) Operate, maintain and repair all types of farm equipment needed on a certified organic farm. Manage the harvesting operation for our farm and severa... more 25
- Farming Example 25
Papa John’s Pizza, Delivery Driver, October 29, 2016 – Current Indianapolis, Indiana, USACommunity Exteriors Inc., Claims Specialist, July 23, 2016 – October 6,2017 Indianapolis, Indiana, USA Military experience Uni... more 26
- Farming Example 26
Calf Management (2007 – Present)De Bruin Farms, Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada Cleaned stables, equipment, and facilities to follow health regulations and to keep a high quality of produce. Repaired farm machinery and equipment. ... more 27
- Farming Example 27
Kenneth Schuelke Education and TrainingTri-County High School – 2015 Plainfield, WI, United States of America Communications and Mathematics, High School Diploma While attending Tri-County High School, though I was not necessarily one ... more 28
- Farming Example 28
Orchard Worker – Kiyokawa Orchards 6/21/16 – 8/28/16 // Parkdale (United States) Thinned apples off trees to increase apple size when ripe. Picked and sorted various kinds of fruit. Maintained several urban gardens, water... more 29
- Farming Example 29
Farm Manager, April 2008 – Present Kirschenmann Farms, Cuyama, CA Sprayed fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides if needed. Supervised work of farm workers. Operated different machines and vehicles such as tractor, reaper, combine ... more 30
- Farming Example 30
Washington State University, Pullman, Washington (United States) Undergraduate Researcher, 1.17 – 12.17 I have been working in a university lab with a professor and a graduate student on conducting research and building a website ... more