Your resume must show that you know how to complete the many tasks required in a farming job (and get them done quickly), and it should also demonstrate your ability to think on your feet and act effectively when under stress. We've pulled together helpful advice on how to write a resume that does this.
In addition to expert tips, we have examples of resumes from real-world farmers. Make sure your document gets straight to the point using one of our farming resume templates and strategic tips from industry professionals who know what employers want to see.
Free Natural Resources And Agriculture Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional natural resources and agriculture resumes.
How To Mention Your Farming Experience
The work of a farmer is challenging and often requires quick thinking and a practical outlook. Maybe you have all the right experience to handle those daily emergencies, but you struggle to create interesting descriptions of your abilities. Our farming resume templates show you how to use strong action words and a variety of specific phrases pulled from job ads to showcase your work experience.
• Assist in repair and reconditioning of heavy equipment; perform necessary repairs, sometimes in the field; maintain personal equipment
• Coordinate thorough field trials to determine optimal conditions for application of fertilizers and crop-protection products
• Use physical labor, tools, and equipment to build fences, including walking, lifting, stapling wire and wood, nailing, and digging
• Lay farm irrigation trenches and pipes to ensure uniform crop coverage; perform maintenance on water lines and pipes as needed
• Manage team of farmers producing vegetable and pasture-based livestock crops with an increasing scope of responsibility
Farming Resume Tips
Our farming resume templates provide a great starting point for your document-writing efforts. Once you have a first draft, you can start to perfect it. With the following tips from professionals, you can quickly improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Farming Resume: Many of the duties you perform during farm labor are transferable to other job opportunities. However, your resume is most effective when you've pulled specific words and phrases from each job listing to tailor your document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters don't spend much time on each document that crosses their desks, so place your stand-out facts in the top third of the page. A strong summary statement explains why you're the best match for the open position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: One of the best ways to get an edge above your competition is to share impressive achievements. Choose a story that demonstrates your abilities to get the job done right the first time, and include measurable results.
Farming Resume Templates
Our collection of farming resume templates includes real-world examples uploaded from previous users. Read through those examples to give yourself a starting point, and then turn to the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume. It includes helpful descriptions, spell-check tools, and other useful resources.
- Farming Example 31
le xtra Work HistoryLawn Care, mowed and cared for various lawns, dealt with calculating prices, and handled money – May 2015 – September 2015 yearsNewspaper Delivery For The Standard , Delivered newspapers to homes, handled... more 32
- Farming Example 32
Nikki-layne Anderson LicensesI currently hold a 2nd year provisional licence.Interestsmy interests are Animals, Badminton, Swimming, Fishing, Horse riding, Motor bike riding, Surfing and Building.EducationSmithton High School (SHS),... more 33
- Farming Example 33
Heavy machinery operater (8 Years old – present)PetersonFarms, Newcambria, Missouri, United States Operated different machines and vehicles such as tractor, reaper, combine harvester or seeder. Applied complements such as plow, ... more 34
- Farming Example 34
Farmhand (3/19/2014 – 9/28/2015)Private Land, Littleton, CO, United States Operated different machines and vehicles such as tractor, reaper, combine harvester or seeder. Sprayed fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides if needed. ... more 35
- Farming Example 35
Brodie Gallagher Objective I intend to attain more hands on experience in the research of corn and soybeans through an internship by using the knowledge I have gained from classes related to Plant and Soil Science. EducationSouthern Illinois ... more 36
- Farming Example 36
Langner Farms , Storm Lake , Iowa (USA ) Head farm hand , n/a – current I helped with working ground and any other farm jobs. I also worked with cattle. Education High school , High school Storm Lake High School , 2020, Storm ... more 37
- Farming Example 37
ad igal Areas of expertise Firefighter (retired), Fire suppression, medical emergencies, haz-mat, rescue, fire hydraulics, saftey inspections, managerial duties and reporting, truck maintenance and operation, EMT certified 23 years Owner/o... more 38
- Farming Example 38
Surveyor (May 1, 2007 – August 31, 2007)Saskatchewan Department Of Highways, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada -Worked with engineers on road design and surveyed out cuts and fills for equipment operators. -Checked densities of co... more 39
- Farming Example 39
Hard working (2012 – 2016)Shanes wood supplys, Pinjarra, WA, Austraila Prepared ground for tree planting, planted trees and employed pesticides and fertilizers. Examined tools and equipment to determine causes of operating erro... more 40
- Farming Example 40
Assistante to Executive director – Mongolian Artisan Cheemakers Union LLC (2016/07/until ow) Ulaanbaatar, Sukhbaatar District (Mongolia) My Daily responsibility is help executive directors work, contact new supermarket, restaurant... more