Your resume must show that you know how to complete the many tasks required in a farming job (and get them done quickly), and it should also demonstrate your ability to think on your feet and act effectively when under stress. We've pulled together helpful advice on how to write a resume that does this.
In addition to expert tips, we have examples of resumes from real-world farmers. Make sure your document gets straight to the point using one of our farming resume templates and strategic tips from industry professionals who know what employers want to see.
Free Natural Resources And Agriculture Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional natural resources and agriculture resumes.
How To Mention Your Farming Experience
The work of a farmer is challenging and often requires quick thinking and a practical outlook. Maybe you have all the right experience to handle those daily emergencies, but you struggle to create interesting descriptions of your abilities. Our farming resume templates show you how to use strong action words and a variety of specific phrases pulled from job ads to showcase your work experience.
• Assist in repair and reconditioning of heavy equipment; perform necessary repairs, sometimes in the field; maintain personal equipment
• Coordinate thorough field trials to determine optimal conditions for application of fertilizers and crop-protection products
• Use physical labor, tools, and equipment to build fences, including walking, lifting, stapling wire and wood, nailing, and digging
• Lay farm irrigation trenches and pipes to ensure uniform crop coverage; perform maintenance on water lines and pipes as needed
• Manage team of farmers producing vegetable and pasture-based livestock crops with an increasing scope of responsibility
Farming Resume Tips
Our farming resume templates provide a great starting point for your document-writing efforts. Once you have a first draft, you can start to perfect it. With the following tips from professionals, you can quickly improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Farming Resume: Many of the duties you perform during farm labor are transferable to other job opportunities. However, your resume is most effective when you've pulled specific words and phrases from each job listing to tailor your document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters don't spend much time on each document that crosses their desks, so place your stand-out facts in the top third of the page. A strong summary statement explains why you're the best match for the open position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: One of the best ways to get an edge above your competition is to share impressive achievements. Choose a story that demonstrates your abilities to get the job done right the first time, and include measurable results.
Farming Resume Templates
Our collection of farming resume templates includes real-world examples uploaded from previous users. Read through those examples to give yourself a starting point, and then turn to the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume. It includes helpful descriptions, spell-check tools, and other useful resources.
- Farming Example 41
Nicholas Aupperle Education and TrainingLeRoy High School – 2014 LeRoy, IL, United States None, Diploma I received my diploma from LeRoy High School in May of 2014.University of Missouri – None Columbia, MO, United States A... more 42
- Farming Example 42
farm machinary operator – ( 09/13/13 – still working) buddys special spreading, yuma, arizona (yuma) I drive a large work truck in fields spreading feces over hay seeds and other crops. I inspect and maintain the trucks I o... more 43
- Farming Example 43
Farm Manager, May 1, 2011 – April 15, 2014 Hughes Farms, Murray, Kentucky, United States Operated different machines and vehicles such as tractor, reaper, combine harvester or seeder Sprayed fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides i... more 44
- Farming Example 44
Milker/Farm Hand – ( August 2014 – Present) Rydal Mt Farms, Dover, Ohio (United States) Repaired farm machinery and equipment. Transported farm equipment and tools, harvest, and workers to indicated locations. Attended 200 ... more 45
- Farming Example 45
xmas xain Education and Training High School, Bio-engineering Mount Juliet Christian Academy, 2013, Mount Juliet, Tennessee (United States) High School Diploma Interests Badminton Movies Athletics Art Public speaking Mountain biking Travel... more 46
- Farming Example 46
Field Head in Charge (July 2009 – present)PT Umbul Mas Wisesa (Jabelmalux Group) a subsidiary of SIPEF, Kotapinang, North Sumatera, IndonesiaField Head Assistant (July 2006 – June 2009)PT, Agromuko (a member of SIPEF... more 47
- Farming Example 47
Research Assistant – ( May 2011 – October 2012) Dupont Pioneer, Salinas, Puerto Rico (US) TRTR5TIntern – ( November 2009 – May 2011) Dupont Pioneer, Salinas, Puerto Rico (US) Supervised and assisted in pol... more 48
- Farming Example 48
Farmers Market Manager (2008 – Present)Wiser Farm Produce, Evansville, Wisconsin, United States I oversaw the selling of vegetables at the Evansville Farmers Market, the Evansville Farmers Market and the Rock County Farmers Mark... more 49
- Farming Example 49
Operator 1 – ( 11/24/2014 – current) Enervest Operating , Charleston, WV (United States ) Examined tools and equipment to determine causes of operating errors. Used power tools, hand tools and precision measuring instrument... more 50
- Farming Example 50
USDA – Farm Service Agency, Ithaca, Michigan January 2008 – Present : Senior Farm Loan Officer ##DESCRIPTION## Jon LaPorte Farms, Cassopolis, Michigan January 1999 – Present : Owner/Operator ##DESCRIPTION## Rocky View ... more