Now is a great time to work as a licensed practical and vocational nurse. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects LVN jobs to grow faster than average. Despite this growth, jobs can be highly competitive, so you need to attract the attention of hiring managers with a stellar resume.
A strong resume reflects your ability to handle the position and demonstrates your value through outlining your work history and emphasizing key skills. Reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides the foundation to build a standout resume of your own.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Experience
LVNs play an important role on the healthcare team, so it is essential to detail the key responsibilities to demonstrate you have the right background. To really stand out, you need to attract the attention of hiring managers by using compelling language.
Incorporate strong action language that paints a picture of the work you have done. Additionally, look at the job posting and mirror the language. Get inspiration by reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates. To get you started, here are a few examples:
• Administer intravenous fluids and other prescribed medication to patients, making a detailed note on the patients' charts
• Record vital signs of the patient, including blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and pulse
• Assess patients for any changes in their condition and report to the supervising nurse or doctor
• Assist in implementing the patient's care plan by providing basic patient care
• Communicate with the rest of the medical treatment team for seamless care coverage
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Tips
Reviewing our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides a great foundation. However, it is also easy to end up with a resume that appears too similar to the other applicants'. Do not get stuck with a generic resume; use the following tips to catch the eye of the hiring manager:
1. Personalize Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume: After you have created the foundation for your resume, look at the job posting and identify key criteria. Incorporate these into the document using similar language to ensure your resume reflects the needs of the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most recruiters only spend about six seconds looking at a resume, so make this time count. Put a summary statement at the top that details your most impressive skills so hiring managers want to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Take your work experience examples to the next level by incorporating accomplishments that demonstrate how well you performed certain duties and tasks.
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Templates
When you read our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates, let the real-world examples inspire you. Our users have uploaded the resumes that helped them land a job. Those who wish for additional support can try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 1
xmy pson Objective Newly graduated Licensed Practical Nursing Student with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic. Demonstrated medical procedure competency. Looking for a position that involves providing care for a wide variety of... more 2
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 2
Clinical Navigator- Diabetes Care Center – ( 11/2014 – Present) Chickasaw Nation Medical Center, Ada, OK Responsible for receiving, processing and scheduling internal consults for the Diabetes Care Center. Worked with nurs... more 3
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 3
LPN on TCU, July 2002 – Current Minnesota Masonic Homes, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA Caring for patients on TCU after discharge from Hospitals. Assessing VS, Surgical incisions, Fluid status, Pain control. Administering Medications... more 4
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 4
Harlee Manor, Springfield, Pa (USA) LPN, 11/2008 – 9/2015 Kept up to date case histories of patients.. Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examined medical reports to establish ... more 5
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 5
Alexis Marquis Work history Defense Commissary Agency, Oak Harbor , WA January 2009 – August 2012 : Customer Service Customer service, cash register, stocking shelves, inventory, price changes Objective To pursue a career in the medical fi... more 6
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 6
Elizabeth Cruz Work historyCNA – ( 6/2001 – 8/2003) Crane Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Crane, TX (USA) Did all of ADLs for residents, showered, straightened out residents room, fed residents. Took vitals, assisted nurses, re... more 7
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 7
Licensed Practical Nurse (July 2003 – October 2016)Elderwood at Waverly, Waverly, New York, Tioga Experience caring for geriatric populations in acute and long term setting Administer medications as prescribed by MD/NP Assist i... more 8
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 8
xgail en Objective I have great drive, enthusiasm, and I believe that I would be a great asset to your company as a licensed practical nurse. I have a great passion for helping others. Certifications CPR certified. Work history Team Player... more 9
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 9
LVN (03/2012 – Present)Wesley Woods Healthcare Center, Waco, Tx, United States LVN charge nurse at a long term care facility caring for residents with Alzheimer’s/dementia. Monitor and report achieved and non achieved trea... more 10
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 10
Licensed Practical Nurse (9/3/2011 – 3/28/2012) Blessed Hope Home Health Care, Baltimore, Maryland, United States Worked as a home health care nurse for a variety of patients. Duties included : – wound care and manangement ... more