Now is a great time to work as a licensed practical and vocational nurse. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects LVN jobs to grow faster than average. Despite this growth, jobs can be highly competitive, so you need to attract the attention of hiring managers with a stellar resume.
A strong resume reflects your ability to handle the position and demonstrates your value through outlining your work history and emphasizing key skills. Reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides the foundation to build a standout resume of your own.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Experience
LVNs play an important role on the healthcare team, so it is essential to detail the key responsibilities to demonstrate you have the right background. To really stand out, you need to attract the attention of hiring managers by using compelling language.
Incorporate strong action language that paints a picture of the work you have done. Additionally, look at the job posting and mirror the language. Get inspiration by reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates. To get you started, here are a few examples:
• Administer intravenous fluids and other prescribed medication to patients, making a detailed note on the patients' charts
• Record vital signs of the patient, including blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and pulse
• Assess patients for any changes in their condition and report to the supervising nurse or doctor
• Assist in implementing the patient's care plan by providing basic patient care
• Communicate with the rest of the medical treatment team for seamless care coverage
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Tips
Reviewing our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides a great foundation. However, it is also easy to end up with a resume that appears too similar to the other applicants'. Do not get stuck with a generic resume; use the following tips to catch the eye of the hiring manager:
1. Personalize Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume: After you have created the foundation for your resume, look at the job posting and identify key criteria. Incorporate these into the document using similar language to ensure your resume reflects the needs of the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most recruiters only spend about six seconds looking at a resume, so make this time count. Put a summary statement at the top that details your most impressive skills so hiring managers want to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Take your work experience examples to the next level by incorporating accomplishments that demonstrate how well you performed certain duties and tasks.
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Templates
When you read our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates, let the real-world examples inspire you. Our users have uploaded the resumes that helped them land a job. Those who wish for additional support can try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 11
MaKaila Brown Education and TrainingAngelina College – 2015 Crockett, TX, USA LVN, Certification GPA 2.9 Served as a class representativeUniversity of Texas at Arlington – n/a Arlington, TX, USA Bachelor’s in Register... more 12
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 12
Charge Nurse (10/2011 – current)Oakwood Manor, Vidor , Tx, USA Night shift charge nurse for 100 bed facility. Managed acute & chronic care. Assessed need for, ordered, obtained, and interpreted appropriate lab tests. Effect... more 13
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 13
Kiarra P. Vickers cation and ngOkefenokee Technical College, 2011 Waycross, GA, us Practical/Vocational Nursing, Nursing Diploma Diploma in Practical NursingCertificationsIV certified CPR/AED certifiedLicensesLPNInter... more 14
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 14
d 18 years yearsWound care, Experienced 18 years yearsAssessments, Experienced 18 years yearsAdministering oral medication, Experienced 18 years yearsAdministering injections, Experienced 18 years yearsTracheostomy ... more 15
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 15
xsica xson, LPN Technical skills EHR, Advanced 5 years Care Management, Advanced 3 years Phlebotomy, Advanced 3 yearsPriMed Physicians, Huber Heights, Ohio (United States ) Office Supervisor, 10/6/2015 – Present Provided professi... more 16
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 16
xoya xins Education and TrainingBrantley County High, 1999 Nahunta, Ga, 31553, USA College Courses, Diploma Graduated with a dual endorsement on my diploma.Okefenokee Technical College, 2012 Waycross, Ga, 31501, USA LPN, Diploma I finis... more 17
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 17
Pca – ( October 2001 – October 2003) Bronson Hospital, kalamazoo, mi (usa) ADLs , assisted the RN with admitting patients, took vital signs, sent specimens to the lab, placement of foley catheters. placed 5 lead EKGs.En... more 18
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 18
Carolina Health Care, Columbia, SC LPN, 2008 – 2009 Private duty for adult and pediatric clients H.H.A. supervisory recertifications H.H.A. inservices Catskill Area Hospice, Cobleskill, N.Y. Certified Hospice LPN, 2002 – 2... more 19
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 19
surgical nurse – ( october 25,2007 – september 27, 2016) Tallasse community hospital, Tallassee, Alabama (USA) Kept up to date case histories of patient Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examined medical report... more 20
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 20
LPN – ( 08/2012 – Present) Lexington ARC, Gloversville, New York Tracheotomy Care Ostomy Care Nephrostomy Care Supra Pubic Catheter Insertion/Care G-Tube InsertionDirect Support Staff 3 – ( 07/2006 – 08/20... more