Now is a great time to work as a licensed practical and vocational nurse. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects LVN jobs to grow faster than average. Despite this growth, jobs can be highly competitive, so you need to attract the attention of hiring managers with a stellar resume.
A strong resume reflects your ability to handle the position and demonstrates your value through outlining your work history and emphasizing key skills. Reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides the foundation to build a standout resume of your own.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Experience
LVNs play an important role on the healthcare team, so it is essential to detail the key responsibilities to demonstrate you have the right background. To really stand out, you need to attract the attention of hiring managers by using compelling language.
Incorporate strong action language that paints a picture of the work you have done. Additionally, look at the job posting and mirror the language. Get inspiration by reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates. To get you started, here are a few examples:
• Administer intravenous fluids and other prescribed medication to patients, making a detailed note on the patients' charts
• Record vital signs of the patient, including blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and pulse
• Assess patients for any changes in their condition and report to the supervising nurse or doctor
• Assist in implementing the patient's care plan by providing basic patient care
• Communicate with the rest of the medical treatment team for seamless care coverage
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Tips
Reviewing our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides a great foundation. However, it is also easy to end up with a resume that appears too similar to the other applicants'. Do not get stuck with a generic resume; use the following tips to catch the eye of the hiring manager:
1. Personalize Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume: After you have created the foundation for your resume, look at the job posting and identify key criteria. Incorporate these into the document using similar language to ensure your resume reflects the needs of the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most recruiters only spend about six seconds looking at a resume, so make this time count. Put a summary statement at the top that details your most impressive skills so hiring managers want to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Take your work experience examples to the next level by incorporating accomplishments that demonstrate how well you performed certain duties and tasks.
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Templates
When you read our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates, let the real-world examples inspire you. Our users have uploaded the resumes that helped them land a job. Those who wish for additional support can try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 21
LPN – ( 1-2013 – 11-2013) Ashtabula County Nursing Home, Kingsville, OH (USA) Advised and informed patients about drug interactions, secondary effects and doses. Monitored and reported achieved and non achieved treatment go... more 22
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 22
xley xfleur Work history Director (2007 – Current)Christi’s Fitness, Vero Beach, Florida, USA Director of Summer Camp (2011- 2014) Director of Cheerleading (2012- 2014) Director of Mommy and Me program (2016-current) Cheerle... more 23
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 23
LPN, July 2008 – Present Crane’s Mill Retirement Home, West Caldwell, NJ, United States Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for an... more 24
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 24
cilla nson Objective To obtain a LVN administrative position that will allow me to demonstrate outstanding client service and utilize English & Spanish speaking skills as a nurse that I possess to assist the community as well as benef... more 25
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 25
Allen Health and Rehabilitation, Mobile, Al (USA) LPN Charge Nurse, 01/06/2016 – current Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took urine samples for analysis. Analyz... more 26
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 26
LPN (May 2012 – September 2014)Biloxi Community Living Center, Biloxi, MS, USA Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Kept up to date case histories of patients. Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and e... more 27
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 27
Licensed Practical Nurse – ( May 2000 – Present) Corizon, Jefferson City, Missouri (USA) Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Advised and informed patients abo... more 28
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 28
Licensed Practical Nurse – ( 2013 – 2014) 1st Forward Surgical Team, FOB Shank, Logar Province (Afghanistan)Work historyLicensed Practical Nurse – ( 2010 – Present) United States Army, Fort Hamilton , Ne... more 29
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 29
Two Years yearsObjectiveProfessionally trained LPN with experience ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs.ExperienceChild Care, 12/2009 – 12/2011 Salem Ave ... more 30
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 30
Greeter – ( November 2015 – current) Verizon Wireless Zone, Huntingdon, PA (United States) Welcomed customers to the store and set them up with a sales representative Answered phone calls and assisted customers as needed. H... more