Now is a great time to work as a licensed practical and vocational nurse. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects LVN jobs to grow faster than average. Despite this growth, jobs can be highly competitive, so you need to attract the attention of hiring managers with a stellar resume.
A strong resume reflects your ability to handle the position and demonstrates your value through outlining your work history and emphasizing key skills. Reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides the foundation to build a standout resume of your own.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Experience
LVNs play an important role on the healthcare team, so it is essential to detail the key responsibilities to demonstrate you have the right background. To really stand out, you need to attract the attention of hiring managers by using compelling language.
Incorporate strong action language that paints a picture of the work you have done. Additionally, look at the job posting and mirror the language. Get inspiration by reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates. To get you started, here are a few examples:
• Administer intravenous fluids and other prescribed medication to patients, making a detailed note on the patients' charts
• Record vital signs of the patient, including blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and pulse
• Assess patients for any changes in their condition and report to the supervising nurse or doctor
• Assist in implementing the patient's care plan by providing basic patient care
• Communicate with the rest of the medical treatment team for seamless care coverage
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Tips
Reviewing our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides a great foundation. However, it is also easy to end up with a resume that appears too similar to the other applicants'. Do not get stuck with a generic resume; use the following tips to catch the eye of the hiring manager:
1. Personalize Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume: After you have created the foundation for your resume, look at the job posting and identify key criteria. Incorporate these into the document using similar language to ensure your resume reflects the needs of the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most recruiters only spend about six seconds looking at a resume, so make this time count. Put a summary statement at the top that details your most impressive skills so hiring managers want to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Take your work experience examples to the next level by incorporating accomplishments that demonstrate how well you performed certain duties and tasks.
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Templates
When you read our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates, let the real-world examples inspire you. Our users have uploaded the resumes that helped them land a job. Those who wish for additional support can try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 31
LPN/Infection Control Nurse (Sept 2013 – Present) Avon Park C.I. (Corizon), Avon Park, FL Provided first-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Advised and informed patients about dr... more 32
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 32
xrin in Education and Training Xavier college of nursing, 2013, StocktonCalifornia, United States nursing, Vocational nurse I attended Xavier college of nursing after going to Consumnes River college in 2010. clinical training: San Joaqu... more 33
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 33
Member Services Representative – IEHP Present – 08/2016 // Rancho Cucamonga (92377) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Trained the customer ser... more 34
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 34
Bridgewater Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Binghamton, New York (United States) Licensed Practical Nurse, 08/2013 – Present – Per Diem Obtaining, documenting and monitoring client’s vital signs. Filling out admissi... more 35
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 35
Jamie Rogers Objective Newly graduated Licensed Practical Nurse seeking a challenging and responsible position in the nursing field to expand my knowledge and experience while using my current skill set and experiences to positively affect the li... more 36
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 36
Jessica Moore Education and TrainingSt.Lawrence college – 20141 Kingston, Ontario, Canada Practical nurse, Diploma Diploma in Practical NursingGananoque secondary school – 2010 Gananoque , Ontario, Canada High School, OS... more 37
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 37
SunnySide Convalescent Hospital, Licensed Vocational Nurse, June 01, 2001 – march 01, 2002 Fresno, CA, USAAlice Manor Convalescent Hospital, Licensed Vocational Nurse, March 3, 2002 – March 1, 2005 Fowler, California, Unit... more 38
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 38
LPN – ( August 17, 2010 – February 20, 2014) Grenada Clinic for Women, Grenada, MS (USA) Provided nursing care in clinical office. Entered patient medical history into EMR. Took patients vital signs, blood, and urine sample... more 39
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 39
with resident care in a Long term care setting. I assist the residents with all aspects of daily living,from bathing and dressing to eating at toileting. I also have experience in documenting the ADL’s performed and residents respons... more 40
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 40
Quality Assurance/Auditor Nurse – Standards Home Health – (May 2013/November 2016) Cameron, Texas, USA During this time period, i was employed by Standards, i worked as an auditor, in several capacities over the span. I initi... more