Now is a great time to work as a licensed practical and vocational nurse. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects LVN jobs to grow faster than average. Despite this growth, jobs can be highly competitive, so you need to attract the attention of hiring managers with a stellar resume.
A strong resume reflects your ability to handle the position and demonstrates your value through outlining your work history and emphasizing key skills. Reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides the foundation to build a standout resume of your own.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Experience
LVNs play an important role on the healthcare team, so it is essential to detail the key responsibilities to demonstrate you have the right background. To really stand out, you need to attract the attention of hiring managers by using compelling language.
Incorporate strong action language that paints a picture of the work you have done. Additionally, look at the job posting and mirror the language. Get inspiration by reading our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates. To get you started, here are a few examples:
• Administer intravenous fluids and other prescribed medication to patients, making a detailed note on the patients' charts
• Record vital signs of the patient, including blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and pulse
• Assess patients for any changes in their condition and report to the supervising nurse or doctor
• Assist in implementing the patient's care plan by providing basic patient care
• Communicate with the rest of the medical treatment team for seamless care coverage
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Tips
Reviewing our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates provides a great foundation. However, it is also easy to end up with a resume that appears too similar to the other applicants'. Do not get stuck with a generic resume; use the following tips to catch the eye of the hiring manager:
1. Personalize Your Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume: After you have created the foundation for your resume, look at the job posting and identify key criteria. Incorporate these into the document using similar language to ensure your resume reflects the needs of the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most recruiters only spend about six seconds looking at a resume, so make this time count. Put a summary statement at the top that details your most impressive skills so hiring managers want to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Take your work experience examples to the next level by incorporating accomplishments that demonstrate how well you performed certain duties and tasks.
Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurse Resume Templates
When you read our licensed practical and vocational nurse resume templates, let the real-world examples inspire you. Our users have uploaded the resumes that helped them land a job. Those who wish for additional support can try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 41
d problem solver, crititcal thinker, detail oriented, and cool-headed in stressful situations. Very enthusiastic and upbeat; brings light and laughter to everyone. A Practical Nurse that will be an amazing asset to your Nursing team. Edu... more 42
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 42
MDS Coordinator – ( 2015 – Present) Sava Senior Care, Harlingen, TX Complete the RAI process timely and accurately in accordance with CMS guidelines. Complete skilled need certifications in accordance with CMS guidelines.... more 43
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 43
Sherri Hames Education and Training Georgian College, Orangeville, Ontario PNRS Practical Nursing, Practical Nursing, 2012 The Georgian College Nursing Program philosophy and curriculum incorporate and utilize the concepts of caring as the basis o... more 44
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 44
Family Clinic of Oak Ridge, Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist, 2009 – 2014 Oak Ridge, TN, U.S.Quality Home Health, Licensed Practical Nurse, 2014 – 2015 Crossville, TN, U.S. Education MedVance Institute, 2008, Cookeville, TN... more 45
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 45
Danielle Tyson Education and TrainingCentral Georgia Technical College – 2014 Macon, Georgia, US Nursing, Diploma Diploma in Practical NursingCertifications CPR Certified Work historyHome Health Aide – ( 06/2014 – 0... more 46
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 46
IDD Caretaker (08/08/11 – Current) Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, RIDC Park, PA, USA Provided first-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examined medical reports to es... more 47
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 47
LPN – ( December 2014 – Present) Missouri Veteran’s Home , St. James, MO (USA) Perform as charge nurse in 50 bed unit, supervising 6 staff members. Ensure that patient privacy is upheld in accordance with state regula... more 48
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 48
cess l. xnis Work historySurgical Technician – Womans Hospital May 2006 – present // Baton Rouge () Accomplished skills in laparoscopic gynecology surgery, laparoscopic bariatric surgery, robotic gynecology/oncology surgery, ... more 49
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 49
Harley English Objective As a recet graduate LPN, I am very excited to make the transition into my nursing career. I am ready to advance my life with this career as well as assist others with their needs. Education and Training Tennessee College... more 50
- Licensed Practical And Vocational Nurse Example 50
xisty xner Education and Training LPN, Nursing Pasco Hernando State College, 2014 – Present, Brooksville, Fl Currently enrolled in the LPN program at PHSC with a graduation date of July 2015. Prerequisite’s for Nursing Program ,... more