An effective nurse practitioner resume will demonstrate relevant abilities such as critical thinking, attention to detail, leadership, interpersonal communication, and compassion. However, it can be challenging to sit down and compose this professional document. Looking at resume examples can help tremendously in inspiring applicants.
We provide professional, real-life nurse practitioner resume templates to help jobseekers get an idea of what information they should include. We will also guide applicants on how to organize and word important sections of their resumes in order to impress the hiring manager. Follow our advice to write an eye-catching resume in no time.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Nurse Practitioner Experience
One of the most effective resume tips relates to how you word your work experience. Do your best to engage the reader and let him or her get a picture of how you function on a regular basis. Make an impact by incorporating action verbs and taking cues from the job description itself. See how to do this in the nurse practitioner resume templates and in the following samples:
• Evaluate patients to diagnose health issues or abnormal conditions; implement treatment plans for best outcome
• Operate medical equipment for diagnostic and treatment purposes; order and assess diagnostic tests of patients
• Collaborate with current health-care team and supervising physician for most effective patient care and management
• Consult with patients and families; educate them about the medical condition, symptoms, and treatment options
• Maintain clear and detailed records regarding patient care and document changes in medication and condition
Nurse Practitioner Resume Tips
Because you will be competing with a large number of applicants, it is important to stand out to the employer right away. Your resume needs to demonstrate your abilities in a unique way, as you can see in some of the nurse practitioner resume templates. You can strengthen your resume using the following guidelines:
1. Personalize Your Nurse Practitioner Resume: Do not make the mistake of turning in the same resume for every job. Read each job description, and then include repeated language from it in your document to personalize it.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Make a great first impression with a compelling summary statement. In a few succinct lines, showcase your best qualifications and demonstrate your ability to succeed.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Numbers and specific stories can make a huge difference in how the hiring manager views you as a potential employee. Be as descriptive as possible when explaining your work experiences.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Templates
If you want real-world examples of professional resumes, consult our nurse practitioner resume templates. They can help inspire and guide you as to how yours should look. It is also helpful to use a resume builder, which you can find at My Perfect Resume. You will receive thought-out descriptions and professional guidance.
- Nurse Practitioner Example 1
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner, August 15, 2008 – Current CarePartners, Asheville, North Carolina, USA Kept up to date case histories of patients. Required, and evaluated diagnostic tests to detect health problems and to perfor... more 2
- Nurse Practitioner Example 2
Referee, 1/1/16 – present One Goal Sports, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA As a referee at One Goal Sports, it is expected that I conduct myself in a proper way when handling coaches, players, and parents. It is an expectation that I ... more 3
- Nurse Practitioner Example 3
Natalie Heine Education and TrainingRalston Valley High School , 2-15 Arvada , CO, United States Medical , Nursing I am currently a student at Ralston Valley High School, I am in 11th grade and on the track to graduate and go to college in purs... more 4
- Nurse Practitioner Example 4
xrick ivan alas Education Masters , Nursing Saint Louis School Inc. (CENTER), 2018-2019, Baguio, Benguet (Philippines) Skills 6th, soccer field Saint Louis School Inc. (CENTER), 2019-2020, Baguio, Benguet (Philippines) Interests Basket... more 5
- Nurse Practitioner Example 5
Sarah Sigmon Education and TrainingMontreat College – N/A Montreat, North Carolina, United States Outdoor Education, N/A Educated in the field of experiential education, camp direction, and outdoor ethics.University of North Carol... more 6
- Nurse Practitioner Example 6
Brook man , Arcola , Illinois (United States ) Worker , 2/3/2012 – 2/3/2012 Construction Welder Working on a team Education Diploma, General Arcola high school , Anticipated graduation 2019, Arcola , Illinois (United State... more 7
- Nurse Practitioner Example 7
Community service My community service experience includes working as a camp counselor at a variety of summer programs, volunteering at Metropolitan Ministries, and going on mission trips to Port Au Prince in Haiti. Interests Dancing,... more 8
- Nurse Practitioner Example 8
Carolinas Healthcare System – Cleveland, Nursing Supervisor, 2009 – Present Shelby, North Carolina, United StatesCarolina Medical Center, Registered Nurse – Neonatal Intensive Care, 1999 – 2002 Charlotte, North ... more 9
- Nurse Practitioner Example 9
Cali Gialousis Education and TrainingUrsuline High School – 2013 Youngstown, Ohio, United States General Studies, High School Diploma General StudiesYoungstown State University – 2019 Youngstown, Ohio, United States Nursing... more 10
- Nurse Practitioner Example 10
d in working in urgent and high patient volume settings.... more