An effective nurse practitioner resume will demonstrate relevant abilities such as critical thinking, attention to detail, leadership, interpersonal communication, and compassion. However, it can be challenging to sit down and compose this professional document. Looking at resume examples can help tremendously in inspiring applicants.
We provide professional, real-life nurse practitioner resume templates to help jobseekers get an idea of what information they should include. We will also guide applicants on how to organize and word important sections of their resumes in order to impress the hiring manager. Follow our advice to write an eye-catching resume in no time.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Nurse Practitioner Experience
One of the most effective resume tips relates to how you word your work experience. Do your best to engage the reader and let him or her get a picture of how you function on a regular basis. Make an impact by incorporating action verbs and taking cues from the job description itself. See how to do this in the nurse practitioner resume templates and in the following samples:
• Evaluate patients to diagnose health issues or abnormal conditions; implement treatment plans for best outcome
• Operate medical equipment for diagnostic and treatment purposes; order and assess diagnostic tests of patients
• Collaborate with current health-care team and supervising physician for most effective patient care and management
• Consult with patients and families; educate them about the medical condition, symptoms, and treatment options
• Maintain clear and detailed records regarding patient care and document changes in medication and condition
Nurse Practitioner Resume Tips
Because you will be competing with a large number of applicants, it is important to stand out to the employer right away. Your resume needs to demonstrate your abilities in a unique way, as you can see in some of the nurse practitioner resume templates. You can strengthen your resume using the following guidelines:
1. Personalize Your Nurse Practitioner Resume: Do not make the mistake of turning in the same resume for every job. Read each job description, and then include repeated language from it in your document to personalize it.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Make a great first impression with a compelling summary statement. In a few succinct lines, showcase your best qualifications and demonstrate your ability to succeed.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Numbers and specific stories can make a huge difference in how the hiring manager views you as a potential employee. Be as descriptive as possible when explaining your work experiences.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Templates
If you want real-world examples of professional resumes, consult our nurse practitioner resume templates. They can help inspire and guide you as to how yours should look. It is also helpful to use a resume builder, which you can find at My Perfect Resume. You will receive thought-out descriptions and professional guidance.
- Nurse Practitioner Example 41
Job Shadowing , July, 2016 – August, 2016 Bentley Animal Hospital, Huntsville, AL, United States I helped with the dentals, neutering and spaying and looked after the sedated animals for an hour everyday Performed surgery, held bon... more 42
- Nurse Practitioner Example 42
STAFF NURSE – ( 12-03-2011 – 18-03-2012) RABINDRANATHA TAGORE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIAC SCIENCES ,, MUKUNNDAPUR, KOLKATTA-99 (INDIA) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Took blood and urine samples for anal... more 43
- Nurse Practitioner Example 43
Rachel Jones Education and Training Roxton High School, Roxton, TX Diploma, General studies, 2016 Throughout my high school career, I have taken four years of math (pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and pre-calculus), four years of English, four yea... more 44
- Nurse Practitioner Example 44
Family Nurse Practitioner (1/2007 – present)Trinity Clinic – Holly Lake, Hawkins, Texas Provide direct out patient care to all ages in a rural health care setting. Perform physicals for all ages, sick visits, and diagnose... more 45
- Nurse Practitioner Example 45
xrles th Objective Eager to launch career in the gaming scene and assure quality for players everywhere. Education and Training Lowell High School, 2014, LowellMassachusetts, United States General education, High School Diploma Attended... more 46
- Nurse Practitioner Example 46
Jennifer Dixon Ms. Education and TrainingRussellville High School – 2015 Russellville, Arkansas, United States High School, Diploma I obtained my diploma at Russellville High School in 2015. I graduated with Honors. I also completed a ... more 47
- Nurse Practitioner Example 47
xise xera ObjectiveA motivated student who is seeking more supervisory experience well pursuing to obtain a Bachelor Degree in Nursing.Featured skillsGood Communication Skill , yearsEducationLawrence High School, 2013 Lawrence, ... more 48
- Nurse Practitioner Example 48
Carhop – ( April 15,2014 – current ) Sonic, Philadelphia , Ms (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Welcomed guests and seat them at tables. Kept contact with cookers, serving... more 49
- Nurse Practitioner Example 49
Family Nurse Practitioner Independent Contractor – ( 10/2015 – 12/2015) Wellpoint, Corbin, Kentucky (USA) Provided locum tenens coverage for WellPoint Kentucky. Performed physical assessments in members homes. Documented he... more 50
- Nurse Practitioner Example 50
Student Nurse – Manila Tytana Colleges 2013 – 2017 // Manila (Philippines) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Performed occupational therapy programs at the hospital to rehabilitate psychological or physical injure... more