A physician or medical assistant needs to be able to multitask, communicate effectively, and have exquisite attention to detail. When writing your resume, you need to demonstrate these abilities in a clear and concise manner so you can make a good impression on the person in charge. To see how to do this successfully, it helps to reference a professionally written sample.
Our physician and medical assistant resume templates allow you to look at real-life examples of professional documents. Their content and organization, as well as our professional advice, will help you write your own attention-grabbing document.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Physician and Medical Assistant Experience
You may have an idea of what you want to write for your work experience, but you need to understand that how you word it is important as well. You can grab the manager's attention when you incorporate language from the job description and use action verbs. You can see examples of this in the physician and medical assistant resume templates and in the following excerpts:
• Request and document thorough medical histories of patients and discuss current symptoms and problematic health issues
• Assess patients by performing physical exams and ordering diagnostic tests such as blood work, x-rays, and other lab tests
• Diagnose illnesses and injuries and suggest treatment plan for best outcome; coordinate with other health-care professionals if necessary
• Maintain medical supplies, examination areas, and equipment; order equipment repairs and additional supplies as needed
• Keep clear documentation of each patient; update and maintain online data and patient registration details
Physician and Medical Assistant Resume Tips
Reading the physician and medical assistant resume templates is a good start for knowing what your document should look like. It is also a good idea to follow certain resume tips so you know exactly how to write your own version. The following steps will help strengthen your resume significantly:
1. Personalize Your Physician and Medical Assistant Resume: It is important to make sure your resume is strong and personalized for each job. Mirror language you find in the job description to show you are a good fit for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This is the first section the recruiter reads, so it needs to be excellent. Show your qualifications by including your overall experience, the three most relevant abilities, and a couple soft skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You want your work experience section to help paint a clear picture of how you perform on a daily basis. Use specific language, and quantify your results with numbers and percentages.