Although the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the nursing industry as a whole to grow much faster than average, you still need to demonstrate to potential employers that you have the skills and qualifications to handle the position better than the other candidates. A well-written resume increases your chances of advancing to the latter stages of the hiring process.
Do not be one of the psychiatric nurses struggling to know which skills to emphasize on resumes and how to detail accomplishments. Utilize our proven psychiatric nurse resume templates for inspiration on what to write and how to organize your resume.
Free Nursing Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional nursing resumes.
How To Mention Your Psychiatric Nurse Experience
It is not enough to list your skills and qualifications on your resume; you also need to write them in a way that attracts attention. To start, mirror the language of the job posting to ensure you emphasize the right information. Then, use compelling action words so the hiring manager can better imagine you performing the tasks. If you struggle with ideas, then review our psychiatric nurse resume templates and the following examples:
• Manage patient medication, including monitoring patient response and ensuring proper dosing
• Perform regular bio-psychosocial assessments on patients according to standard practices
• Collaborate with physicians and other staff on the medical team to develop and revise treatment protocols for patients
• Execute treatment protocols and other plans of care for patients under the supervision of the treatment team as needed.
• Update patient charts to ensure a seamless transition of care across the treatment team
Psychiatric Nurse Resume Tips
You can create a great resume by looking at our psychiatric nurse resume templates and reviewing guides on
how to write a resume. However, do not create a generic resume; take your resume to the next level by focusing on the following best practices:
1. Personalize Your Psychiatric Nurse Resume: Every practice emphasizes different components of care. As such, tailor each resume to the position for which you apply. Look at the job posting for elements to detail on your own resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many recruiters only scan a resume, focusing on the top half. Therefore, put the key aspects of your skills and qualifications in a powerful summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: It is not enough to list your duties and tasks. Take it a step further and demonstrate your abilities by detailing professional success stories that relate to the necessary experience.
Psychiatric Nurse Resume Templates
When you look at the psychiatric nurse resume templates in our library, you have access to real resumes that our users successfully used. Check out several to get inspiration on what to include on your own. If you wish to have additional assistance, then try the resume builder our partners at My Perfect Resume offer.
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 1
July 1, 1991 – Current / Saint Vincent Health Center of Allegheny Health Network, Erie, PA Needs Assessment RN * Performed psychiatric assessments and consultation as requested by ED physicians and inhouse medical staff and facili... more 2
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 2
Gage Davis Education and TrainingUSU Eastern – 2016 Price, UT, United States Nursing, Associates Associates in Registered Nursing Diploma in Practical NursingInterests Art Athletics Travelling Football/Soccer References I have pl... more 3
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 3
than xads Education and TrainingMt SAC, 2012 Walnut, CA, USA Nursing, Certificate of Completion Graduated SalutatorianLicensesLicensed Psychiatric Technician in the State of California, License number PT37275InternshipsIntern a... more 4
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 4
LPN – ( September 2013 – present) United Summit Center, Clarksburg, WV (USA) Ensure the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment. Identify whether and when patients... more 5
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 5
Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly , NJ November 2011 – Present : Registered Nurse Staff/Charge Nurse responsible for: -Working collaboratively with treatment team for best possible patient outcomes; -caring for patients experienci... more 6
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 6
Autumn Kiser Education and TrainingMary Carroll high school – 2017 Corpus Christi, Texas, USA nursing, masters Nursing is the feild of study i want to pursue after collegeInterests Public speaking Movies Travelling Dancing Events o... more 7
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 7
Registered Nurse- Psychiatric Services , 06/2015 – current Medstar Harbor Hospital- Medstar Union Memorial , Baltimore , Maryland , US Took blood and urine samples for analysis. Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examin... more 8
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 8
Amber Cotten Education and Training Vance Granville Community College, 2019, HendersonNC, United States Medical , Arts of Science I will receive this degree when i graduate in 2019. This will be a 2-Year Degree in the Arts of Science. Which... more 9
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 9
Glenn Callis Education and TrainingJeffersonville – 2012 Jeffersonville, Indiana, United Stares High school, High school diploma NAIndiana University Southeast – 2017 New Albany, Indiana, United States Nursing, NA NaIn... more 10
- Psychiatric Nurse Example 10
Prairie St. Johns, Fargo, North Dakota (United States) Registered Nurse/Hospital Supervisor, 08/2012 – Current gljghjhgj Rosewood on Broadway, Fargo, North Dakota (United States) Licensed Practical Nurse, 07/2010 – 08/201... more